Paddle Holsters

Paddle Holsters

This is a discussion on Paddle Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a question on paddle holsters. How tight do they hold next to your body compared to say, a regular belt holster? This is for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Paddle Holsters

Paddle Holsters

Got a question on paddle holsters. How tight do they hold next to your body compared to say, a regular belt holster? This is for a XD 40, 45 or a SR9C. I have a Crossbreed IWB and really don't like it. So I'm looking for something else. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_D View Post
    Got a question on paddle holsters. How tight do they hold next to your body compared to say, a regular belt holster? This is for a XD 40, 45 or a SR9C. I have a Crossbreed IWB and really don't like it. So I'm looking for something else. Thanks
    like all other holsters, depends on body shape, belt, holster..............
    that said, i too tired of IWB and am VERY happy with my CompTac paddle holster
    tight to body, comfortable, easy to draw & re-holster, nicely adjustable tension, stays on belt very securely yet easy to remove and put back on
    OldMick likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Thoughts on a Fist #18 Murnak Paddle holster.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I've got several fobus holsters, for a Smith 642, Glock 19, and M&P 9. The 642 rides close to my body, the Glock a little less so, and the M&P not so much. I recently ordered a Galco Paddle Speed holster for a Ruger LCR, and it was a terrible design. The paddle was very short, and the holster was attached to the paddle already angled out, so when combined with the short paddle and with a gun in it, even as light as the LCR, it angled out terribly from my body. I sent it back. That's my experience with these two holsters, can't speak to any others from first hand knowledge.

My thinking is while it is a very convenient design, it does not lend itself well to concealed carry, generally speaking. Others here may know of other paddle holsters with better designs that would work better for concealment.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I like my Gould & Goodrich for my XD its leather Yaqui slide and holds close to body

I like Comp-Tac paddle holsters, but they will not carry as close as a pancake style belt holster will.

Gear Review: Comp-Tac Paddle Holster | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

IMG_2057-900x600.jpg
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

a well designed paddle holster works very well... the key being well desinged... with the same care and attention given to any qaulity holster. A fobus does not fall into this category......
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I like Comp-Tac paddle holsters, but they will not carry as close as a pancake style belt holster will.

Gear Review: Comp-Tac Paddle Holster | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

IMG_2057-900x600.jpg
    That looks like their straight drop paddle holster, which is great for some applications but not the best for concealed carry. Here's a pic of my Comp-Tac paddle holster with the FBI cant. It holds the gun much closer than the straight drop.

andrewcdub likes this.

I have a blackhawk holster that fits perfectly on my hip. The paddle is nice and wide so there's no tilting inside my pants when I sit. Everyone is different and sometimes the most expensive option isn't the most suitable. However that doesn't mean cheap out on the stuff you're gonna be using to protect yourself. Just my $.02

There are times when you need a quick on - quick off, and a paddle holster meets that need. As mentioned, a well designed holster gets the job done, and doesn't require thought about pants size, etc. like an IWB (but you will need a cover garment). See if you can find a good shop that will let you try a couple out before purchase - there are several good ones out there.
    Steve

I have a Cross Breed Super Tuck, which is a great IWB and conceals very well. Not nice putting on and taking off though. I have a Pancake made of leather which does not conceal as well as the CBST and has belt loops which is not easy on and off. I also have a Fobus Evolution Series which is not as good at concealment but, it is very easy on and off, grab and go, and good under winter with jackets. Each has it's pros and cons. It all depends upon what you are looking for. I myself, will not use a holster with a finger release for safety reasons.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Thoughts on a Fist #18 Murnak Paddle holster.
    I also have the Fist #18 Paddle Holster for my Glock-36...great holster, and it does hold the gun tightly against the body.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I use a paddle not sure of the company holds my G23 close to the body and is the go to because it normally gets put on when I get off work or on the weekend.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Love my Fobus Paddle holsters own a few of them & they are comfortable & conceal well also.

It really depends on the paddle holster. I have Fobus and Blackhawk Serpa paddle holsters that I don't use because they stick out too far. I have a RM Holster works ECP (Extreme Cant Paddle) that holds the pistol close, high, and secure. If I'm not using my Milt Sparks VM2 IWB holster then it's the ECP. Out of the dozen or so holsters that I own these are the two that work best for me.

Your best bet is to try something first. I bought a few holsters used that were like new but half the price. You don't mind having them live in a drawer with deals like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links