Level 2 Trigger Lock IWB Holster

This is a discussion on Level 2 Trigger Lock IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It may be a tall order but do these exist? I have a Blackhawk OWB level 2 holster that I love for open carry. I ...

Thread: Level 2 Trigger Lock IWB Holster

It may be a tall order but do these exist? I have a Blackhawk OWB level 2 holster that I love for open carry. I haven't seen anything for IWB though. Is it cause they don't exist? Excuse any ignorance that may exist in this question, but CC is new to me and almost all holster gear in the Marine Corps is OWB Level 2.

Thanks guys and gals!

-Kyle

I doubt that there is such a thing...the problem would be trying to coordinate a button/clip/switch while most of the holster is inside the waist.
    Even an OWB level II or III can get tricky if rolling around on the ground with a BG.
    Why would you want anything other than a smooth easy draw from a holster that is already tight against the body?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If there is a need for it someone will come up with one. I don't see much of a need.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Comfort level would be #1. Level 2 being the only holster I've ever known, theres a certain easiness I guess you could say that comes along with it. I could understand some of the difficulties that would surround it and can understand why L2 would be better fit for OWB carry.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    Comfort level would be #1. Level 2 being the only holster I've ever known, theres a certain easiness I guess you could say that comes along with it. I could understand some of the difficulties that would surround it and can understand why L2 would be better fit for OWB carry.
    At its base, Roger's system of levels means only that a level 0 will have no overt means of retention, a level 1 will have one means either passive or active, etc. Under his system, you can have a level two iwb by choosing a holster with both a tension screw AND a thumbreak. These are available.

Though with the passage of time, level 2 has come to mean other things to uniforms, such as trigger guard locks; in which case, in an iwb, surely the lock would be used alone, and you'd be back to a level 1. Ironic isn't it?
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

Sponsored Links