Anyone have any experience with a OWB PDA style holster?

This is a discussion on Anyone have any experience with a OWB PDA style holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Afternoon all! I'm new to this forum, but not new to firearms. I am trying to get back into carrying everyday and had a couple ...

Thread: Anyone have any experience with a OWB PDA style holster?

Anyone have any experience with a OWB PDA style holster?

Afternoon all!

I'm new to this forum, but not new to firearms. I am trying to get back into carrying everyday and had a couple quick questions that I couldn't find answers to using the search.

My EDC is a Glock 19, all factory gun aside from some Heinie sights. When I'm not at work I get by just fine with a Raven Concealment Phantom, OWB in the 3-4 position with an untucked shirt or jacket.

However, at work I must wear khaki style pants and a button down shirt that is always tucked in. I'm not really a fat guy, think more of a fire hydrant build, very blockey. I print pretty bad with every position I've tried IWB and most of the positions I've tried are more than a little uncomfortable because I am very short waisted and the pistol/holster dig into my hip or pelvis.

So, without drawing this story out too badly, I've wanted to start carrying all the time again. Just the other day I came across PDA style holsters which function as any other OWB holster, but you can hide the gun in plain site. This option can't be too popular because I'm not finding much online about it, but I thought maybe some folks would have some direct feedback and pictures on this forum given the subject matter.

Thanks ahead of time!

Giff

2. Remove Ads

Carry owb with hayesleather just wear long shirt leave tails out image.jpg

VIP Member
    Apparently not an option for the OP's work environment.

I have never tried PDA style holsters but if they work have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by giff74 View Post
    Afternoon all!

I'm new to this forum, but not new to firearms. I am trying to get back into carrying everyday and had a couple quick questions that I couldn't find answers to using the search.

My EDC is a Glock 19, all factory gun aside from some Heinie sights. When I'm not at work I get by just fine with a Raven Concealment Phantom, OWB in the 3-4 position with an untucked shirt or jacket.

However, at work I must wear khaki style pants and a button down shirt that is always tucked in. I'm not really a fat guy, think more of a fire hydrant build, very blockey. I print pretty bad with every position I've tried IWB and most of the positions I've tried are more than a little uncomfortable because I am very short waisted and the pistol/holster dig into my hip or pelvis.

So, without drawing this story out too badly, I've wanted to start carrying all the time again. Just the other day I came across PDA style holsters which function as any other OWB holster, but you can hide the gun in plain site. This option can't be too popular because I'm not finding much online about it, but I thought maybe some folks would have some direct feedback and pictures on this forum given the subject matter.

Thanks ahead of time!

Giff
    Just my opinion, but the PDA style of holster is way, way, way too obvious. Kind of like carrying the sidearm around in a shoebox. PDA's themselves are not carried in my area by the general public. Possibly in schools, but not by the general public, so having a box clipped to your belt would attract immediate attention, especially by the grab-it-and-run crowd who would think they would be getting a free PDA.
    I would prefer a IWB such as the Old Faithful brand, which keeps the sidearm from digging into you.

+1^^^

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

10thmtn, a member here could give you some pointers because his employment dress has similar requirements.

The G26 can be carried in khaki pants with deeper pockets.

That's why many who are serious practitioners have at least 2 guns to meet these different requirements.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

EDC is aP229 IWB. Sometimes I have to do something different and that is a LCP in a Sneeky Pete PAD holster. I use it often and am VERY pleased with "hiding in plain sight" I wore it to a week end event and twice ran into to people that new I carry all day everyday. Had the same reaction from both "so you left it at home today" NEITHER could find it when I told them "no" both thought I had on an ankle rig after looking right at the PDA case. I have read a lot of people commenting how it "screams gun", not in my case! For the times I can't IWB I love carring my little friend.

Besides looking stupid, the PDA style holsters dont work for beans IMO. The holster itself is so obtrusive that it makes tasks difficult. My advice would be either try multiple IWB holsters and see if you can find one that works, or get a smaller gun for carrying at work. My personal first choice would be a smaller gun. Beretta Nano, SW shield, Ruger LC9 /380, Kahr CM9 / 40, Beretta Pico 380, Keltech PF9, ...... you get the idea. All of these guns are very small and easily concealed.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Links