Belly Band Style Holsters?

This is a discussion on Belly Band Style Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Belly Band Style Holsters?

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

Belly Band Style Holsters?

I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of holsters? Smart Carry is one example. How else can you carry when you cannot use a regular belt holster are there any other solutions?

2. Remove Ads

I hate to admit it, but I have been using a fanny pack. I have placed an Uncle Mike's holster in in it and it has worked well for me. The holster helped make it stay in one position better and allowed it to be drawn easily.

When bicycling, I always use a fanny pack... inside, I usually carry my Glock 26, and in a separate pocket, (still part of the fanny pack) I carry my ID, permit, 15 rd mag, and car keys. In my shorts pocket, I carry chemical spray.

VIP Member
    When bicycling (which I haven't done lately) I CC a g27 in a retention holster OWB, all covered by a long t-shirt. I like using retention on the bike just in case of a crash. I'd really like to retain my weapon.

Check out kangaroo carry, it's about like a belly band, but up around your chest.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I used to have a shirt, kinda like Under Armor, but I think it was 5.11 it had two pockets sewn near the arm pits that had Velcro closures. Worked real good for a small frame pistol. I've never been a fan of belly bands, they seem to droop to one side after awhile....horrible I bet if you didn't have a tucked shirt.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of holsters? Smart Carry is one example. How else can you carry when you cannot use a regular belt holster are there any other solutions?
    I use one of the following. I have one in black, and in white. It allows me to carry my gun, and two spare mags.

New Black Concealed Belly Band Holster Medium Size for Waist 30" to 38" : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Here's one similar to the Smart Carry but designed for a bit more active use: Pistol Wear - Comfortable Concealment Holsters For Concealed Carry
    gun_bushido likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Kangaroo Carry

VIP Member
    I use a belly band (The Original Belly Band Made in USA). I also use a belt over the belly band to provide extra security. Both the belly band and belt are covered by my pants and a shirt.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I use a belly band (The Original Belly Band Made in USA). I also use a belt over the belly band to provide extra security. Both the belly band and belt are covered by my pants and a shirt.
    What kind of gun do you carry in it? What else?

What pockets does this version of the belly band have? Ideally, I'd want to fit a pistol, a magazine, a cell phone, and a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I use one of the following. I have one in black, and in white. It allows me to carry my gun, and two spare mags.

New Black Concealed Belly Band Holster Medium Size for Waist 30" to 38" : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors
    What kind of gun? Do you run? Could you fit a cell phone and flash light in there as well?

or put a basket on the handlebars.
    Devil026 and drblitch like this.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuva3rae View Post
    What kind of gun? Do you run? Could you fit a cell phone and flash light in there as well?
    Typically a Walther PPQ or Beretta nano, or H&K P30. I tend to carry my phone and light elsewhere, like when cycling, I carry them in the back pockets of my jersey, and since the tac lights almost always have a belt clip, you can clip one anywhere. That particular band has the holster on one side, and two mag pouches on the other (all elastic) and it's reversible so you can wear the gun on either side. I do cycle, both road and MTB.
    Since the holster is simply made of elastic, it would be very simple to add a pocket for a tac light or cell phone as needed.
    Vuva3rae likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I use the Pistolwear.com PT-One with a G19 or Shield 9. I've even run 3 mile runs with a G17. Works as advertized. Doesn't bounce and keeps the gun from getting soaked with sweat. I use it anytime I am doing something athletic in workout type clothes. I ride my mountain bike, workout at the gym and go jogging with it.

You wear it pretty tight and low on the waist to get the most benefit out of the design. Had mine for about 3 years. On average, I wear it 3 to 4 times a week during exercise. Hand wash it in the sink with mild detergent/soap and hang to dry.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Thanks for posting the picture. It really helps to see these things in action. I'm disappointed that the manufacturers don't have better pictures. It's reassuring that you can run comfortably with a G19 or Shield 9 in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links