S&W MP40 CC Holster

This is a discussion on S&W MP40 CC Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok Ladies and Gents, I just mailed off my AZ cc paperwork and hopefully can get my Ca CCW interview moved up, so I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W MP40 CC Holster

S&W MP40 CC Holster

Ok Ladies and Gents,

I just mailed off my AZ cc paperwork and hopefully can get my Ca CCW interview moved up, so I am officially in the market for a holster. I know that the "right" holster will have to come from my own likes and spec's but getting a baseline from others never hurt anyone.

My EDC is gonna be a full size MP40 so holsters working with that size model would be great but again, all advice is welcome. I am already looking at the MidWorld Ohio Special, but would love to hear about others that have worked.

Thanks!

-Kyle

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Fixed it for you
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

flphotog is on the money just the link is misspelled. Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths
    And look at -Ridgid Holsters- for a belt. What a great combination. Like they were built to go together!!

I describe the holster as a cross between a traditional paddle and a pancake holster. You get the convenience and speed of the paddle, but the conceal ability of a traditional belt-slot pancake. Holds very tight to the body.

P3030367.JPGP3030366.JPGP3030365.JPGIMG_0007-001.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

If you're carrying a full sized gun, you'll definitely want to invest in a quality gun belt and holster system.

I've tried several different Galco belts and holsters and have been very satisfied with the fit, finish, and overall quality: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters (Hint: you may be able to buy Galco products more cheaply through Optics Planet, Amazon, or other retailers, rather than directly from Galco.)

There are tons of great custom belt and holster makers as well, but plan on waiting at least 2 months before receiving your order. In fact, wait times have become an issue with many of the more popular hybrid holsters, as well.

If you're interested in a hybrid holster, the best I've found is Ozarks Holster Company | Quality Holsters Made in USA. The holster I bought from them 2 months ago is nearly identical to the Crossbreed I have... except $20 cheaper, free shipping, and it was in my mailbox 4 days after I placed the online order. (Hint: they only accept orders for what they can produce in a week, so if an item shows 'out of stock', check back at 8 am the following Monday.)

Hope that helps, and congrats!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I have the compact and use either the comp-tac MTAC or the panther concealment.

I carry a full size M&P40 as well. I finally went with the Phantom from Raven Concealment. It can be worn Outside The Waistband on the belt, or you can get the belt loops and wear it Inside The Waistband. If you want to go with the standard options you can order one of their "Quick Ship" versions. If you decide to go with a custom Cant or the "MD" Cut which seems to be rather popular, it could take up to 6 months to get the holster. IMO the wait is worth it though.
    Raven Concealment Systems

Another holster maker I'm fond of who makes good quality no frills holsters a great price with super fast turn around times and awesome customer service is FoxX Holsters. Well worth checking out.
    Home

Thanks for considering me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Sorry, should have double checked it.

My brother uses a Galco Summer Comfort IWB for his fullsize M&P 40; I use it for my Glock 17--very comfortable year round and small--doesn't take up half of your backside and as leather won't scratch your frame (though scratches on your gun isn't necessarily a deal breaker). Hope you get your CC permit back soon! Congrats!
    Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant Holster FREE S&H SUM474B, SUM228B, SUM472B, SUM401B, SUM473B, SUM159B, SUM192B, SUM219B, SUM229B, SUM249B, SUM251B. Galco Summer Comfort Holsters, Galco Summer Comfort Concealed Holsters, Galco Concealed Holsters.

EDC_G17rtf2.jpgIMG_3730_cropped.jpgIMG_3731_cropped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MidWorld View Post
    Thanks for considering me!
    No worries! Mike gave you guys an awesome review on his other thread and after speaking with him through PMs. Its definitely gonna be one of the ones on my mind.

Keep them coming guys! With the panther being an OWB (something I think would be more comfortable), no issues with printing? My comfort level being a Marine is going to lean towards an OWB but thats just because its the way we carry. IWB would take some getting used to but I think is doable if it lessens the liklihood of printing.

I carry my M&Pc in a Milt Sparks VM2. I took me about 2 years to find that holster but now I have one for all of my carries.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

I carry a G22 IWB in a SHTF Gear ACE-1. Works great and hides incredibly well.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

So many good ones out there I second getting a good belt. i use blocker belts an milt sparks summer specials for mot of my guns for OWB i use hayesleather.com

OK I'm new to guns. I have discovered that I really like appendix carry. Right now I am using the 3Speed Holster ( I really like it ) come the fall, I would like to have a more conventional holster. The question is the difference between riding high and riding low. I would think riding high it would afford a more positive grip. Riding low, I guess better concealment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links