Carry options for running?

This is a discussion on Carry options for running? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that summer is here I'm ditching the treadmill and hitting the roads again. This is the first summer I've had my CCW and I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsHB
  • 1 Post By robhic
  • 1 Post By tmoore912

Thread: Carry options for running?

Carry options for running?

Now that summer is here I'm ditching the treadmill and hitting the roads again. This is the first summer I've had my CCW and I am curious if there are any good carry options for running. I always wear athletic shorts and a plain tee while running, so I know my options are limited. I feel my G19 will be too heavy and cause the athletic shorts to slip down shortly after running. I have a .38 snubby that would probably work best, but are there any holsters that would work besides a pocket holster? That gun bouncing and flopping around inside my pocket doesn't sound too comfortable.

For those of you that run outdoors, have you found something that works best for you?
    Romans 12:21

2. Remove Ads

I'm having good luck with my Remora so far. So long as you can snug up your pants/shorts/whatever, it seems to work pretty well.

You might want to search past topics... seems like there have been some very lengthy discussions on carry methods while jogging, cycling, etc.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Take a look at the Pistol Wear holsters: Pistol Wear - Comfortable Concealment Holsters For Concealed Carry Self-contained and seem pretty secure for active wear.
    gun_bushido likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Look at the other threads...lots of good advice for those that do carry. Everybody should learn H2H and other means of thwarting an aggresor and more so while running. Your SA might not be where it shuld and many modes of carry are not as easy to draw from as if you are carrying your EDC walking down the street.
    The chances are so remotely low that as a male you would be attacked that your SA will even dip more, that is natural.

I do not carry while I run. I do recommed that you carry a small water bottle filled with a good potent drinking formula that once squirted in someones eyes will momentarily blind them or distract them. A good squirt from a close distance will give you time to retreat, disarm with H2H methods, or draw your CCW.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I doubt the almighty Remora holster can keep a compact/sub-compact handgun still on your waist while you are running anything under a 10 minute mile. Maybe if you are running in Tacticool shorts with a instructors belt, but most people don't go running in stuff like that. YMMV.

I use the Pistolwear.com holster.

Belly Band Style Holsters?

Gym pants or shorts

Pistol Wear Holsters

CC While Running

Carrying while cycling?
    gun_bushido likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Old thread, sorry - x3 on the Pistol Wear. I'm about a 9:30-10:30 mm, and it works GREAT. Comfy. Running when hot, you realize just how sweaty you were once you're done and take it off - but I haven't had any issues with mine at all. Well, other than the fact that even though my running clothes are pretty baggy (baggy mid-thigh shorts, one-size-too-big cotton tee), I'm sure people can tell there's *something* there - but I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Look at the other threads...lots of good advice for those that do carry. Everybody should learn H2H and other means of thwarting an aggresor and more so while running. Your SA might not be where it shuld and many modes of carry are not as easy to draw from as if you are carrying your EDC walking down the street.
    The chances are so remotely low that as a male you would be attacked that your SA will even dip more, that is natural.

I do not carry while I run. I do recommed that you carry a small water bottle filled with a good potent drinking formula that once squirted in someones eyes will momentarily blind them or distract them. A good squirt from a close distance will give you time to retreat, disarm with H2H methods, or draw your CCW.
    Shoot, probably will just sell my guns and buy water bottles...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4

Links