ccw with athletic clothes.

This is a discussion on ccw with athletic clothes. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so, I like to wear sweats, underarmor, and b-ball shorts a lot when im not working, and its hard for me to carry sometimes with ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By robhic

Thread: ccw with athletic clothes.

so, I like to wear sweats, underarmor, and b-ball shorts a lot when im not working, and its hard for me to carry sometimes with this type of apparel. just wondering if anybody else has this problem and if so is there any good holsters that work best for this ?usually carry a compact 9 or a 357 snub if that helps at all .

Look at the Pistol Wear holsters. Seem designed for active carry: Pistol Wear - Comfortable Concealment Holsters For Concealed Carry (They owe me royalties I've been recommending their products a lot lately! )
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I asked the same question about a year ago and the answer I received was Remora. It has a very sticky-type outside that when tucked into typical athletic pants/shorts that have a drawstring, it will stay in place as long as you use the drawstring in an obvious tightened way. It works fine with me once I got used to it and use it whenever I am inclined to be CC; I am usually wearing athletic shorts/pants everyday since I am retired and need for bin belts and slacks is non-existent. The other advantage is that I can adjust the holster location just enough when I am in my car so as to avoid a problem with the holster/firearm jabbing me in that confined seated position behind the steering wheel. BTW this vendor goes out of his way to accomodate you and please you per your purchase.

I wear the 3Speed Holster Here's a review i posted on other Forum

I too wear b-ball shorts quite often, and have found the belly band type holsters do really well with a LCR. Granted that's a light gun, but I never had the band pop up or slide lower than I wanted it. I wear it pretty low... Like waist line low, and have no comfort or concealment problems. I wouldn't use it with anything that had a short trigger pull, but some people do. Crossbreed's belly band (Or the one they market) has a kydex/leather plate. Had I gone that route, I wouldn't be concerned about those shorter pulls with certain guns, but kydex is formed, and elastic is not. Every revolver I have I can carry in my belly band. Had I gone with the CB, I would have had to order multiple attachments to carry different guns. I went with the Active ProGear because their's was supposed to be sweat resistant, and where I live, it's a nice and sticky 105 in most Augusts, so I figured that one was best for me. I like it. I'm sure you can find a maker that guarantees satisfaction.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I did like one mentioned.I ordered from pistolwear.I bike ride and run.I like it so far.I carry a gl23 or xds45 in it.It has an xtra place for one mag..

jcm
    I carry a Ruger Lc9 in a Galco Stow-N-Go most of the time at home with athletic shorts. I will sometimes run all over town on the weekends like this. On more than one occasion I have had to turn around to go back home before hitting the gym, because I forgot I was packin' heat!

I hang out in my house in the same sort of attire and ran into the same issue. I went with a shoulder holster for my G19 which has worked pretty well for me. If I need to run out to the corner store or the like, I just throw on a hoodie to cover it up. If it is summer and I need to run out, I just toss an LCP in my pocket with a pocket holster, it is light enough that it doesn't bother me even in basketball shorts. I usually run out like that in the evening/early morning anyhow and it is cool enough here that I can still get away with the hoodie.

Belly bands irritate me with extended wear. I carry at the gym and while biking and use a small “fanny pack" called a warbler. I wear it high on the waist on the front/side and is small enough to even cover up with a tshirt. Not too dorky. Those holster shirts from 511 look cool but are expensive and I think a simple strap on pack is more practical on the go.

Smart carry or a "murse" are really the only way to do it.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Smartcarry, belly band or a compression type concealment t-shirt.

Sponsored Links