I think this will be fine

This is a discussion on I think this will be fine within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after mulling it over for the last week after picking up the Bersa BP-9cc I decided a inexpensive hip holster was needed until I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDeal

Thread: I think this will be fine

Well after mulling it over for the last week after picking up the Bersa BP-9cc I decided a inexpensive hip holster was needed until I decide what material leather or kydex would be my holster for daily use. I'm just too big to think a IWB would be something I would use, I guess I could but I can't help thinking its not gonna be comfortable and its not gonna be easy to conceal! But I'm still open to ideas.

Here's a few pic's of holster, a Blackhawk Sportster size 8 and the Bersa, I was also looking at a Uncle Mikes. Price was the same 12.97 but Uncle Mikes was just too big! So the decision was easy!

Again I'm open to suggestions on holsters, yes I would like to be able to C.C. but just don't think a 300lb. guy is gonna be able to pull it off very well. My other issue is this gun is relatively new and there really aren't many choices out there, (At least from what I've seen) So if you have some first hand experience.....Tell me...Thanks
    Attached Images

I am short and pretty stocky 5'6" about 260-270# I use this system and I wear drawstring shorts 95% of the time. I wear it at 1 O'Clock appendix carry
    3Speed Holster

DSCN4634b.jpg

Congrats! The BP9CC is a very nice little gun. Ultimately I sold mine, not because I was unhappy with it but because my sister had no viable CCW gun and she really liked it. When I carried it I wore it IWB in a Theis hybrid holster. I would be careful with the holster you show; it's hard to tell from the picture how stiff the material is but the Bersa has a pretty light trigger. Just be sure the holster is stiff enough to protect the trigger. That rig also doesn't look very fast to draw from but of course I haven't seen it in action.

I don't think you'll have any problems concealing it. A gun that small on a big guy should just disappear.

There are a few makers that offer a holster for the BP9CC. The one I carried was from Tommy Theis and his stuff is well made. SHTF Gear (a sponsor here) also makes one. IIRC there are a number of makers that do a rig in kydex for the Bersa.

BTW, I've been losing weight as the weather warms up and I can get outside again but I would say I'm on the pudgy side myself. IWB still works well. You need to have pants are just a tiny bit bigger than you normally wear and more importantly you must have a good belt! A gun belt is pretty much a requirement IMO. Some folks get by with cheapo regular belts but you'll never know how good CCW can wear until you get a decent belt.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Please don't think that I'll be using that holster to carry with, its use will be at the range or informal target practice at my friends farm. No I just didn't want to not have a holster when at the range. I'm glad to see some ideas on holsters from you guys!!
    Phaedrus likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done! and good luck on your holster search.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Cool! BTW, congrats on Wisconsin getting CCW! Finally a win for the good guys.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

We have a real Governor now!! He gets things moving!

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Really a personal choice. If you like it, go for it.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

im 5'9", 260 lbs.... I cc a G22, and SR40C, and a LCR 38, all IWB. I use SHTF gear hoslters, they seem to be more comfortable to me with my extra cushion on the sides. i carry at 3 oclock with no troubles. Dont doubt it till you give it a try. rememebr, it is something you have to get used to so try it for a week or two, even if you dont like it at first.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    6'4", 325lb. Full size 1911, IWB @ 330-5. I use a cheap clamshell holster with no problems. Also, try the N82 Tactical IWB holsters- they're the best for just about anything.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Links