Just got a new Remora holster

This is a discussion on Just got a new Remora holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, just picked up a Remora IWB holster this afternoon and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. I really wanted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just got a new Remora holster

Just got a new Remora holster

Hey guys, just picked up a Remora IWB holster this afternoon and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it.

I really wanted to get one for my daily carry weapon but they didn't have that size so instead I got one for my fullsize Sig P250 just to see if I would like it.

I've been wearing it around all afternoon and I never planned on carrying the fullsize concealed but it is very comfortable and it conceals pretty well, can't wait to get one for my subcompact if the big gun feels this good.

I tried jumping and moving around in all kinds of ways and it stayed put, and it stuck great while drawing the gun.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Cool.What happens when you go to the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I sometimes use a Remora no-clip IWB with my S&W M&P9c and I just put it in a front pocket. I can completely conceal the holstered firearm in the pants I wear, which are normal Dickies.

If not the pocket, then I guess I'd set the firearm on my lap (if going numero dos). But I hate public restrooms so I've never had to do that.

That's a good question, I haven't gotten that far. I guess at home I could set it on the counter, but in a public restroom maybe just hold onto it or put in a pocket.

I was a Ramora fan until I tried the Salient Thunder (Garret Industries) and the Panther Concealment, after that the Remora's stay in the holster drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I was a Ramora fan until I tried the Salient Thunder (Garret Industries) and the Panther Concealment, after that the Remora's stay in the holster drawer.
    Those look like pretty nice holsters too. I have an Old Faithful iwb and I use that one for my everyday carry. I'm pretty new to concealed carry so I'm trying out all kinds of different things. I liked the idea of the Remora for easy on and off if I just have to run out quick.

I keep one in the car to use cross draw while driving works good

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    I sometimes use a Remora no-clip IWB with my S&W M&P9c and I just put it in a front pocket. I can completely conceal the holstered firearm in the pants I wear, which are normal Dickies.

If not the pocket, then I guess I'd set the firearm on my lap (if going numero dos). But I hate public restrooms so I've never had to do that.

Have to agree with your thinking....when I'm in a public rest facility in my lap is exactly where I want my Glock......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Not only is the Remora a very good item to use for CC, it is amazingly versatile, too! Just use it to store a pistol after taking it out from your holster. Slip it in you waistband without a lot of hassle and you're OFF! Can't beat them for cost, effectiveness and vesatility. I like and use them a LOT!
    maxwell97 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

Not really an apples to apples comparison, IMO.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

simple...unbuckle..remove the holster...sit down and lay the weapon in the holster in the crotch of your pants while you do your business.

Great! Just what I needed, another holster upgrade!

VIP Member
    Looks great!

Whew, back on topic.......for a second I thought this was evolving into another "restroom thread".

VIP Member
    There's a lot of fascination with restrooms and holsters in this forum.

Weird.

Not rocket science. If you cannot figure out a solution, well....
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alex2008 View Post
    Hey guys, just picked up a Remora IWB holster this afternoon and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it.

I really wanted to get one for my daily carry weapon but they didn't have that size so instead I got one for my fullsize Sig P250 just to see if I would like it.

I've been wearing it around all afternoon and I never planned on carrying the fullsize concealed but it is very comfortable and it conceals pretty well, can't wait to get one for my subcompact if the big gun feels this good.

I tried jumping and moving around in all kinds of ways and it stayed put, and it stuck great while drawing the gun.
    For price and versatility, I find Remora to be the sweet spot leader.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links