Silent Thunder Holsters - Page 2

Silent Thunder Holsters

This is a discussion on Silent Thunder Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my Silent Thunder IWB to use with my G26. I ordered the "pull the dot" leather loops......fit and finish are excellent, however the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Silent Thunder Holsters

I got my Silent Thunder IWB to use with my G26. I ordered the "pull the dot" leather loops......fit and finish are excellent, however the loops print badly for whatever reason (on my body type).

I'm a little disappointed, but I believe its more the case that the loops are very close together and it shows as bulk underneath my shirt.

Its going up for sale.

I would like to point out that the loops can be easily changed. I initially had the loops and didn't like them for the same reason you cite. But switching to the clips transformed the rig and I now wear one of my Garretts every day. For ten bucks it's worth trying the other mounting options before you give up on a great holster.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I would like to point out that the loops can be easily changed. I initially had the loops and didn't like them for the same reason you cite. But switching to the clips transformed the rig and I now wear one of my Garretts every day. For ten bucks it's worth trying the other mounting options before you give up on a great holster.
    Did you get the "C" clips? I have a nylon belt, so that's why I ask.

And I'm sure the loops would be fine under a heavier type shirt, but for summertime/light cotton shirts the loops are just way too visible.

I got the standard kydex clips. But I also got the kydex loops; that's about the lowest profile option imaginable.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I like the looks of this holster.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Ordered an OWB Silent Thunder today based reviews from you guys and others. I'm a small man with a 32" waist and an overly bulky holster of any kind doesn't work well for me to carry my 1911 commander size.

Has anyone experience with the stabilizer vs standard on the OWB model?

What's the "stabilizer"? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I do have an STX 2.0 and really like it a lot. It has the regular kydex slots for belt mounting.

Oh the stabilizer is only on the plain Silent Thunder which mounts via a 2 slot kydex piece attached at belt line back of holster. The STX 2 has 2 independent slotted pieces which allow the holster to lie flat at the belt. Your attachment points are spread wider on the belt, the primary reason I purchased the regular model which has 360 degree adjustment capability.

I ended up buying the mount with stabilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by chiltech500 View Post
    Ordered an OWB Silent Thunder today based reviews from you guys and others. I'm a small man with a 32" waist and an overly bulky holster of any kind doesn't work well for me to carry my 1911 commander size.

Has anyone experience with the stabilizer vs standard on the OWB model?
    Chiltech, sorry I wasn't able to attach photos to the pm's. so here goes. These photos are of my silent thunder slim (aiwb) w/ a S&W SC-E commander sized 1911 and a close up of the standard clip.

Hth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375621205.260359.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375621221.927388.jpg

If you are going OWB, i highly recommend the STX 2.0. I have a couple of silent thunders and the 2.0 is my favorite for carry OWB.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Thanks Contented, appreciate the pics. The Slim is now the only IWB I will consider.

Thanks Chief. I picked the Silent Thunder standard for 2 reasons, one of which is that the mounting points are closer together. I know I'm giving up some concealability but I have found that wider monting points don't work well for my waist/hips.

Also, the Silent Thunder has 365 degree cant adjustment and I may want to carry a crossdraw at close to a 45 degree cant. I have a cross draw holster for another gun (not a great leather) that does that and it's very comfortable for sitting and driving.

Ok, I've been reading and learning about various holsters, trying to find just the right one for my P226. Long story short, I decided on the Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion IWB. I save my dollars and finally have enough to make the order and I shoot them an email asking for a discount code (as per their site, they offer 15% off for LE and Military, but you have to contact them and ask for the code). I got a return email from Sheryl with the code AT 2300! Wow,, not too shabby. But there's more... I go to place my order the next evening and find on their site that they have suspended making that particular holster for a bit. I believe they do this periodically so as to not wind up with huge back logs and long waits. So, in my disapointed state, I email Sheryl and ask when she anticipates resuming production. She replied quickly and asked me to call her Monday afternoon and she would place my order.

I've heard quite a bit of really positive feedback from people who have dealt with them and I can now see why. I haven't even placed my order yet and they've been a pleasure to deal with. I'll try to follow up with how this pans out.

They really do everything they can for a customer. I couldn't be more pleased with the products or the company. I have four Garrett holsters and two mag carriers, and I have one more Garrett holster on the way. Good folks and great products!
    contented likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmjjack View Post
    Ok, I've been reading and learning about various holsters, trying to find just the right one for my P226. Long story short, I decided on the Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion IWB. I save my dollars and finally have enough to make the order and I shoot them an email asking for a discount code (as per their site, they offer 15% off for LE and Military, but you have to contact them and ask for the code). I got a return email from Sheryl with the code AT 2300! Wow,, not too shabby. But there's more... I go to place my order the next evening and find on their site that they have suspended making that particular holster for a bit. I believe they do this periodically so as to not wind up with huge back logs and long waits. So, in my disappointed state, I email Sheryl and ask when she anticipates resuming production. She replied quickly and asked me to call her Monday afternoon and she would place my order.

I've heard quite a bit of really positive feedback from people who have dealt with them and I can now see why. I haven't even placed my order yet and they've been a pleasure to deal with. I'll try to follow up with how this pans out.
    I had pretty much the same thing happen, placed my order over the phone after contacting them about suspended production on the Fusion. But it doesn't stop there. I ordered "J" clips on mine. After wearing it for a few days I decided I didn't like the "J" clips. Emailed them for replacement options, the sent me standard clips, no questions asked. Thats customer service. The holster is very nice by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by kmjjack View Post
    Ok, I've been reading and learning about various holsters, trying to find just the right one for my P226. Long story short, I decided on the Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion IWB. I save my dollars and finally have enough to make the order and I shoot them an email asking for a discount code (as per their site, they offer 15% off for LE and Military, but you have to contact them and ask for the code). I got a return email from Sheryl with the code AT 2300! Wow,, not too shabby. But there's more... I go to place my order the next evening and find on their site that they have suspended making that particular holster for a bit. I believe they do this periodically so as to not wind up with huge back logs and long waits. So, in my disapointed state, I email Sheryl and ask when she anticipates resuming production. She replied quickly and asked me to call her Monday afternoon and she would place my order.

Follow up: spoke with Sheryl on the phone, she took my order, applied the discount, sent me an invoice with a paypal link on it, paid with paypal. Now I wait by the door for delivery. So far --- very pleased.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links