Silent Thunder Holsters

Silent Thunder Holsters

This is a discussion on Silent Thunder Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Silent Thunder Solo from Garrett Industries. It's for my Kimber Solo. Has anyone had any experience with Garett or the Silent ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Silent Thunder Holsters

Silent Thunder Holsters

I just ordered a Silent Thunder Solo from Garrett Industries. It's for my Kimber Solo.
    Has anyone had any experience with Garett or the Silent Thunder holsters? Seems like it should be of good quality.

Thanks for any info.

I have one for my Sig, it is very well made I have no complaints at all. The lined kydex is truly silent and i think offers a more secure "squeeze" on the pistol without being so tight that its hard to draw.

I also ordered a spare mag carrier for an XDS and they accidentally sent the wrong one. I called and after much apologizing they sent the right one immediately. I was very impressed with their customer service and are great to deal with.

I have a solo for a Sig P938 and I love it. It's very well built and offers excellent retention. I ordered the wider clip for it, which to me, feels sturdier than the standard clip it comes with. The standard clips are fine with the fusion, but with a single clip type holster, I like a wider, sturdier mounting option.

I like this company and they offer an excellent product. I also have a Silent Thunder IWB for my Sig that is awesome too. It's all kydex. At this point, I'm not sure which one I like better. Hope this helps

I have three Silent Thunders! Two are IWBs (for my Beretta Nano and HK USP) and the other is an STX 2.0 (also for my HK USP). I really love them. The IWB is very, very comfortable and rock solid. I'll be ordering another IWB for the HK P30S I have on layaway.

As another poster pointed out, the holster is very quite due to the leather and retention is great due to the kydex. There are many options for mounting- a really superb clip, leather loops and kydex loops. I have all three mounts and overall the clip is the most useful. The larger the gun the more stable the holster is but even my Nano is very solid.

I pretty much won't buy anything but a Garrett if the gun is on the list of ones they can make a holster for.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by rockymax View Post
    I have a solo for a Sig P938 and I love it. It's very well built and offers excellent retention. I ordered the wider clip for it, which to me, feels sturdier than the standard clip it comes with. The standard clips are fine with the fusion, but with a single clip type holster, I like a wider, sturdier mounting option.

I like this company and they offer an excellent product. I also have a Silent Thunder IWB for my Sig that is awesome too. It's all kydex. At this point, I'm not sure which one I like better. Hope this helps
    Thanks a lot to all for the feedback. Sounds like I made a good choice.

I use their STX 2.0 for my Sig 1911. I really like it.

I have three silent thunder slims for a commander size 1911, ruger sr9c, and ruger lc9. I think the holsters are well thought out with top notch materials and workmanship. The Garrett's are very responsive also.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370720150.060926.jpg

I have a ST Slim for a Sig P229R SCT. It is superb in every way except the belt clip; I ordered the standard clip and have found that it will release from the belt at times going from seated to standing. I plan on replacing it with their heavy duty clip and think that will solve the issue.

Interesting, the Silent Thunder holster, for the HK compact. Mine is a 40"caliber DAO! I have the LEM and love it, but the IWB holster is new to my cherry options. I'm more familiar to the Belt Holsters, but recently purchased a Galco IWB King Ruck. For my Baby Glock G26 9mm. I'm getting accustomed now and like it.

They are awesome holsters. Secure, and easy on the gun finish.

Take my advice and buy a replacement belt clip or two now. They break... my experience is that the last about a year.

The leather is adhered extremely well. I use mine for carry and competition, so between practice and carry and comps, it has many years of regular use already.

uploadfromtaptalk1370917990296.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370918022843.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

I have one for my LC9 and it is a great holster.

I just ordered my 4th Garrett rig tonite! I will be paying off my HK P30S that I have on layaway within the the next week or so and should have it within a couple weeks. Gotta be sure my Garrett IWB is here by the time the gun arrives! Just for something different I ordered it with the leather lining dyed black instead of left natural as I did on my other three Garrett holsters. Can't say enough for the holsters!

Down the road I would like to try the Fusion just to see what it's all about. Just for curiosity sake though- I'm happy with the IWB.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

New Member Array JUSTANOTHERGUY's Avatar
    Has anyone tried the Solo with Velcro mounts?

New Member Array JUSTANOTHERGUY's Avatar
    Anyone?

Sorry, haven't tried that combo before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links