holster behind nightstand

This is a discussion on holster behind nightstand within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a holster that I can screw to the back of my nightstand. I could make something out of my CrossBreed and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holster behind nightstand

I am looking for a holster that I can screw to the back of my nightstand. I could make something out of my CrossBreed and use washers and screws to fasten it to the back. But, I would like to know if there is anything else made for this application..

I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Behind nightstand?

Have you ever woken up from a dead sleep to a strange noise only to discover it's your two-year old grandson taking a wiz in the guest bath? Maybe behind the nightstand is too close for a groggy shooter? I need to move a little to wake up. Of course, I don't know what your risk situation is...

Nice holster

Thanks Sisco, that is it, much easier than building myself

I used the holster that came with my XD to do this:

Yeah, yeah, it's a girlie bedspread. My wife gets to choose the decor, I get to choose the guns.

Since I have grandkids in the house now I'm going to do the same thing but mount it high on the bedroom closet wall. I'm going to Home Depot this afternoon to find the pieces/parts I need to mount my Mossy 500 in there too.

I use a small gun safe on the top shelve of my closet which is a step away. I leave it unlocked at night for easy deployment.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Whatever you do don't waste your money on this one. Don't ask how I know.
    http://www.barsony.net/index.cfm?fus...id=1387&cat=32

Due to my six year old daughter, I'm going to mount a Gunvault gun safe behind the headboard on the bed.

VIP Member
    I've heard it said by instructors to never put a gun "too handy" by the bed. Make it where you have to take an extra step to get to it. During a bad dream or night terrors with a loved one waking you suddenly in a deep sleep can be disasterous. I keep mine in a drawer under the bed. I have to pull the drawer open first then take it out of the holster. I just would'nt trust myself with a gun in my hand one second after I'm woken up. Just my 2 cents....
    RIVITUP. I wont embarrass you by asking how you know.....

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    Since I have grandkids in the house now I'm going to do the same thing but mount it high on the bedroom closet wall. I'm going to Home Depot this afternoon to find the pieces/parts I need to mount my Mossy 500 in there too.
    Don't know how old the grandkids are, but I suggest teaching them about firearms, allowing them to handle them in your presence and even take them shooting, teach them to respect firearms. Take the mystery out of them and they are less likely to want to "play" with them.
    Now having said that, for the Mossy (I miss my 500 Defender ) you might want to consider one of these (or similar)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Don't know how old the grandkids are, but I suggest teaching them about firearms, allowing them to handle them in your presence and even take them shooting, teach them to respect firearms. Take the mystery out of them and they are less likely to want to "play" with them.
    Now having said that, for the Mossy (I miss my 500 Defender ) you might want to consider one of these (or similar)
    The kids are still a little young for teaching, the oldest is 18 months and very curious, that's why a pistol in the nightstand is now out of the question.
    Very good advice on teaching kids respect for firearms, I taught both of mine what a gun was capable of as soon as they were old enough.
    My daughter never developed a taste for shooting but my son went to the range with me as often as possible. There was no "mystery" involved with my firearms, he could shoot any of them whenever he wanted.
    The worst thing one can do is make guns "Forbidden Fruit" to kids; they have a natural curiosity and will, at some time or another satisify that need.

I just bought one of these. I mounted it right next to my bed on the wall. $35

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=302101
    Last edited by Landor; November 22nd, 2006 at 04:29 PM.

Here's one that's pretty cool:

Wall Safe

You have the option of a fingerprint reader or keypad.
    Mounts in the wall between the studs, and can be covered by a picture, only problem is it's kinda pricey.

Oh, and sisco, I wouldn't rule out keeping the gun in the nightstand.
    There are a couple of companies that make gun safe's that fit in a drawer (some single gun, some multigun), that can be quickly opened. Handgun Safe has some options (including an in drawer safe, but not the one I was thinking of)
    Last edited by Rotorflyr; November 23rd, 2006 at 02:35 AM.

I keep a "gunvault" (http://www.productwizard.com/gunvault.htm) within arms reach of my bed. I find it to be easy to open regardless of the lighting and relatively fast. Most importantly there is NO chance that my sons (1 1/2 and 3) can get into it. The biometric ones look great but are a LOT more $$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links