new holster came today

new holster came today

This is a discussion on new holster came today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the galco mx7 matrix for the cw9 came today.It fits very well,is comfortable and lightweight.I am thinking about getting the remora with sweat shield next.Buying ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By warpig76
  • 1 Post By matthew03
  • 2 Post By sixgun

Thread: new holster came today

new holster came today

the galco mx7 matrix for the cw9 came today.It fits very well,is comfortable and lightweight.I am thinking about getting the remora with sweat shield next.Buying holsters is almost as much fun as buying guns

Distinguished Member
    Please review it. I have seen it on their website but cannot figure out what it is all about. I tend to stick with the same holster designs but am open to new ones. Unfortunately I have five drawers of holsters because you do not know if they work for you until you try them out for a few months. They are like shoes. :)
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I will try and post some pics tomorrow.I like that it has retention points at the ejection port as well as the trigger guard.I shook the heck out of it and no movement at all(unloaded of course).Draws very smooth.It is a little stiff,i may try to heat it up with a hair drier and see if i can mold to my bony hip a little better.

061113183032-1.jpg061113183157.jpg061113183210.jpg

So far this holster is great. lightweight and comfortable.I have been wearing it at 3 and 4 oclock,only complaint is it could have a little more cant.
    Drgnfly likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Just be very careful when sitting down in a chair with arms. I had a Galco belt slide, (I think it was called a Yaqui/Yaki Slide) and a chair arm partially ejected my 1911 as I sat down; the muzzle hit the chair arm on the way down and started to push the gun up and out of the holster. I no longer carry rigs that don't cover the whole slide. Yours looks like an updated, quick snap version.
    Richard58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Just be very careful when sitting down in a chair with arms. I had a Galco belt slide, (I think it was called a Yaqui/Yaki Slide) and a chair arm partially ejected my 1911 as I sat down; the muzzle hit the chair arm on the way down and started to push the gun up and out of the holster. I no longer carry rigs that don't cover the whole slide. Yours looks like an updated, quick snap version.
    I'm the same on this too. All my holsters cover the slide and the trigger completely. Be bad to sit down around a crowd and ur weapon hits the deck for all to see.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Looks good. Be careful with the buying holster thing. they multiply fast.
    trob09 and Greyrider like this.

Links