Looking for holster rec..

This is a discussion on Looking for holster rec.. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry IWB (tuckable) or pocket with a Shield. I spend a ton of time outside working around the yard and I'd really like ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iguanadon

Thread: Looking for holster rec..

I currently carry IWB (tuckable) or pocket with a Shield. I spend a ton of time outside working around the yard and I'd really like to find something that I can wear on the waist under an untucked shirt. Something that rides very close, draws without coming off the waist with the gun. Obviously needs to hold secure since I'm doing yard work.

IWB is great for its purpose but it isn't as comfortable as I'd like. Pocket carry gets old while working; just swinging in pocket drives me crazy. Most paddle holsters suck. They ride like a mile away.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

From a pure comfort point of view, nothing I've worn has beat N82 Tactical Professional holster. The holster provides great retention and your pistol has zero contact with your skin. SMITH & WESSON

Raven Concealment Systems

Wait is rather long unless you order one of their Quick Ship Holsters. But well worth the wait IMO.

Everyone's body is different...thankfully! I love my Galco IWB Summer Comfort...it is small compared to the Crossbreeds or other similar holsters, has great retention, has a forward cant, is easy on and off the belt with it's 2 snap loops, and tucks the gun close into your side...I'm wearing it now while lying down on the couch underneath my t-shirt--don't even notice it's there...and I wear it to mow the lawn and do other outside work as well as use it for my EDC rig.

MidWorld Modular holster - MidWorld Holster

This will do the job perfectly.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    If you like tuckable IWB holsters but still want the option of carrying OWB, this holster will serve both purposes.

Hidden Hybrid Holsters

Sounds like you're willing to go the OWB route.

I've gone just about full-time OWB and spent much time researching and trying OWB holsters that ride "high and tight". The two best I've found are:

FIST #10 - FIST, INC.

Rosen UPL-EXP - Rosen Product Line (go to the Express Line and scroll down)

The only difference between the two is the FIST has a slight cant to it and the Rosen is straight up and down for wearing at 1:00-3:00 position. Both are top quality, stiff, leather that secure my G27 very well.

Good luck in the search.
    Yarg28 likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Get a Remora IWB Holster. Do some searches online, you will see they are a popular option. For a small gun, like yours it can even be worn with sweats or drawstring shorts. I think they have a sale going on for fathers day. The price is right too.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

thanks for the links. im checking them all.

BUT; maybe i wasnt clear enough about what i'm specifically looking for.
    I want:
    outside the waistband
    as close as possible
    preferably NOT with belt loops but just a clip over the belt or pants

Im perfectly happy with my IWB for its normal use. I just want something quicker and easier to put on and take off while around the house that will conceal well under a shirt.

I'm still looking at the links because who doesnt want more options for great holsters? :p

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Sounds like you're willing to go the OWB route.

I've gone just about full-time OWB and spent much time researching and trying OWB holsters that ride "high and tight". The two best I've found are:

FIST #10 - FIST, INC.

Rosen UPL-EXP - Rosen Product Line (go to the Express Line and scroll down)

The only difference between the two is the FIST has a slight cant to it and the Rosen is straight up and down for wearing at 1:00-3:00 position. Both are top quality, stiff, leather that secure my G27 very well.

Good luck in the search.
    those look NICE. Id rather have a holster that I can take on and off a bit easier but those may do the trick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yarg28 View Post
    thanks for the links. im checking them all.

BUT; maybe i wasnt clear enough about what i'm specifically looking for.
    I want:
    outside the waistband
    as close as possible
    preferably NOT with belt loops but just a clip over the belt or pants

Im perfectly happy with my IWB for its normal use. I just want something quicker and easier to put on and take off while around the house that will conceal well under a shirt.

I'm still looking at the links because who doesnt want more options for great holsters? :p

thanks again
    Outside the waistband and no belt loops... To me that sounds like a paddle holster.

Perhaps something like the link below?

http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/p...humb-break-p61

Let us know if and what you purchase and how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerista View Post
    Outside the waistband and no belt loops... To me that sounds like a paddle holster.

Perhaps something like the link below?

</title> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"> <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/img/tagua.png"/> <title>TAGUA GUNLEATHER

Let us know if and what you purchase and how it works.
    Maybe i'm not familiar enough with OWB holster terms since i never really considered it. I have a Fobus paddle style holster that i bought before i was actually carrying. I intended to use it for practice/training until i figured out how i wanted to EDC. It was fine for that. Now its just sitting in the closet because it rides like a mile away from my hip. I suppose some paddle holsters are "tighter" to the hip but all of them that i see in lgs/bigbox around here pretty much look just like the Fobus with respect to position/size.

Thanks for the link. I will look into those.

Yaqui belt slide, or just a normal belt slide. I have a Tagua belt slide for my G19 and I love it. Very minimalist, and conceals under a t-shirt just fine. It has loops instead of clips, but I don't know of any OWB holsters that are clip-on only.

Sponsored Links