I have an idea for an EDC setup

This is a discussion on I have an idea for an EDC setup within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an idea for an EDC setup. Note that I can't do any of this any time soon, for reasons I'd rather not explain ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By circa81
  • 1 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By Bill340

Thread: I have an idea for an EDC setup

I have an idea for an EDC setup. Note that I can't do any of this any time soon, for reasons I'd rather not explain right now. This is just preparing for the future. I'm only comfortable with revolvers for concealed carry, so I want to carry 2 for a "New York reload". One to pocket carry, like a S&W 442 or a Ruger LCR, and another for ankle carry, one with a full size extractor rod. I choose pocket carry as my primary because I'm not really a belt wearer, plus when I'm home I almost always wear either shorts or sweats above shorts. With my secondary on my ankle, I don't have to worry about drawing while seated, and carrying a revolver with a full extractor rod means much easier reloading if necessary. I'm quite a small person, 5 feet half an inch to be exact, with child hands, so small grips aren't a problem for me. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Macantic and Kennydale like this.

Wherever you decide to place your weapon(s) practice drawing them - under stress if possible. Personally I carry one gun in the same place all the time and practice deploying it. My thinking is that if I ever have to need it I want the draw to be instinctive. I will already be behind with respect to time and don't want to lose anymore by grabbing the wrong spot or hesitating to remember where I put the gun today. Those with superior skills may not have my concerns.
    Macantic likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by circa81 View Post
    I'm only comfortable with revolvers for concealed carry, so I want to carry 2 ... One to pocket carry, like a S&W 442 or a Ruger LCR, and another for ankle carry ...
    That's basically a tried-and-true method for carrying two revolvers. Same ammo; one in an easily accessible spot, with the other fairly close by; same manual of arms, so nothing new to learn. It's a good method, for those who prefer revolvers.

Where is "Norwalk," by the way?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Norwalk, CT.

Have you applied for your carry license yet ? sounds like you have a game plan

I can't, not yet.

Here is my edc, every day carry.jpg
    Kennydale likes this.

VIP Member
    Ryobi's in a DeWalt holster?

Sacre Bleu!

Sponsored Links