belt loop? OWB

belt loop? OWB

This is a discussion on belt loop? OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like to wear OWB when i can. I'm new to carrying, but i already know i like to carry OWB at around 4:00 or ...

Thread: belt loop? OWB

VIP Member

belt loop? OWB

I like to wear OWB when i can. I'm new to carrying, but i already know i like to carry OWB at around 4:00 or 4:30.. The problem is thats where the belt loop is..I have a blackhawk speed holster. I know a holster with the straps would solve the problem, but this is going to have to do for now. I have a good sturdy gun belt. Does anyone just skip that belt loop? It seems to work ok , but of course the belt isnt as tight there. Theres just a little give when i draw..

Administrator
    Some pants have belt loops in exactly the wrong locations. Try not to skip a belt loop. A lot of times you can go through the holster slot then the loop & then through the second holster slot...did I say that right? It's a bit more of a PITA to thread the holster on but, better than skipping a pant loop.
    I would go so far as to find somebody w/ a sewing machine & some tailor skills and have the belt loop moved slightly before I would skip a loop and have a long span of unattached belt.
    Boy...I had better get some sleep...this post of mine did not type out right.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Some pants have belt loops in exactly the wrong locations.
    Every pair of pants has at least one belt loop in the wrong location.

Or at least it seems that way.

Sounds like a market opportunity for "Gun Pants"! :D

Yes, a snap on holster could make this a tad easier. But I know what you mean.

VIP Member
    I do not have the body shape to carry IWB so I carry OWB and carry exactly like QK explained.

VIP Member
    Some pants have belt loops in exactly the wrong locations. Try not to skip a belt loop. A lot of times you can go through the holster slot then the loop & then through the second holster slot...did I say that right? It's a bit more of a PITA to thread the holster on but, better than skipping a pant loop.
    I would go so far as to find somebody w/ a sewing machine & some tailor skills and have the belt loop moved slightly before I would skip a loop and have a long span of unattached belt.
    HA . i know exactly what you mean. I did try that when i first noticed it. It was really difficult getting it through, it was really stiff. It is a new holster and belt, so maybe it'll get easier. I'll keep working at that. Thanks.

Yeah, it came out just right. In fact I like the holdster slot/belt loop/second holster slot just fine because a proper rig stays where you put it anyhow and the belt loop in the middle can't hurt...

Assistant Administrator
    My second belt loop is usually around 3 o'clock and I too ''straddle'' that with the rig.

Most of time it is slid back to my regular 3.30 chosen position but in truck I can bring it fwd to 3.00 easily, to keep it freer from seat belt latch.

I get more problems on left - my multitool usually has to go behind the 9 o'clock belt loop and so can drift rearwards - in front of that loop sits my E1e. Anything much further forward snags on my leg and pocket and knife clip.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I design my holsters with that in mind when I am placing the belt slots. I make sure that they can be centered over a belt loop to add to stability anything else compromises the draw.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Links