have you tried

have you tried

This is a discussion on have you tried within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have you tried the Safariland custom fit STX holster? The one I am looking at is Model 586-01-411. It may be discontinued don't know for ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pignut

Thread: have you tried

  1. #1
    Member Array pignut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    199

    have you tried

    Have you tried the Safariland custom fit STX holster? The one I am looking at is Model 586-01-411. It may be discontinued don't know for sure.


  2. #2
    Member Array ginzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Port, FL.
    Posts
    304
    Sorry, wish I could help. Hooked on Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths holsters.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

  3. #3
    Member Array pignut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    199
    Well it came today.I am a sucker for holsters and guns but if it is not just right for me,I can't use it. I have a bunch of holsters as you may have guessed. Anyway I think I am going to like this one.At least I did not reject it as soon as I tried it. I may be a good one.It holds the revolver much closer to my body with the paddle than any other paddle I have.It was on sale and by searching I think this one may not be made any more.Not sure.So far I think am am liking it.
    Phaedrus likes this.

  4. #4
    Member Array ginzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Port, FL.
    Posts
    304
    Pics please.
    The reason I like the panther kydex is, I describe it as a cross between a traditional paddle and a pancake holster. You get the convenience and speed of the paddle, but the conceal ability of a traditional belt-slot pancake.

    I don't know if they make 1 for a revolver.

    Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    Well it came today.I am a sucker for holsters and guns but if it is not just right for me,I can't use it. I have a bunch of holsters as you may have guessed. Anyway I think I am going to like this one.At least I did not reject it as soon as I tried it. I may be a good one.It holds the revolver much closer to my body with the paddle than any other paddle I have.It was on sale and by searching I think this one may not be made any more.Not sure.So far I think am am liking it.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

  5. #5
    Member Array pignut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    199
    I can't do pictures. I wish I could. The holster I got was 31 dollars and is model number 586-01-411. The model number makes a big difference in style of holster. The paddle on thin one is curved a little different,it fits me better but sort of only fits best in one spot about 3 or 3:30. It also comes with belt loops and is easy to change over and back. The paddle fits much closer to the body than other paddles I have had. I have no complaints yet except it is a little sticky with the suede lining. Instructions say spray it with silicone if it does not loosen up. It has tension screws. It seems like it would be a little tight for an Sp101 but have not tried it.All in all I am pretty pleased with it. I have to take it off to enter some of the places I must go. I don't like that at all but that is the way it is. Paddle makes that a little easier. It fits my S&W 640 just right.

  6. #6
    Member Array ginzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Port, FL.
    Posts
    304
    That's what I like about mine, I can remove the whole thing with out taking my belt off, or just remove my gun. This one was about 50.00 but it is custom to a 40 FS.
    P3030367.JPGP3030366.JPGP3030365.JPGIMG_0007-001.JPG

    Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    I can't do pictures. I wish I could. The holster I got was 31 dollars and is model number 586-01-411. The model number makes a big difference in style of holster. The paddle on thin one is curved a little different,it fits me better but sort of only fits best in one spot about 3 or 3:30. It also comes with belt loops and is easy to change over and back. The paddle fits much closer to the body than other paddles I have had. I have no complaints yet except it is a little sticky with the suede lining. Instructions say spray it with silicone if it does not loosen up. It has tension screws. It seems like it would be a little tight for an Sp101 but have not tried it.All in all I am pretty pleased with it. I have to take it off to enter some of the places I must go. I don't like that at all but that is the way it is. Paddle makes that a little easier. It fits my S&W 640 just right.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    i have one for range use but i don't carry it because it does not conceal well for me.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Member Array pignut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    199
    ginzo,that is a new design on me. Had not seen that one before. I usually don't care for paddle holsters because they stick out. This one does not stick out much at all.Conceals pretty good I think. Looks like that one is pretty close.

  9. #9
    Member Array ginzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Port, FL.
    Posts
    304
    I have no association with that company, but found out about them on fl. conceal carry forum. Look them up and give them a call. Jim or Scott, great personal service. I didn't know what cant I needed and they had me send them a pic with the gun stuck in my belt the way I wanted to carry and they nailed it! This holster is tight as a drum on you. You must have a proper belt also. No pants sag or anything. The best thing was being able to slide it on your belt from 1 position to another so you could sit in the car without it poking you. After a while I just found my spot and I never move it. Being lefty it turns out to be around 7-8 o'clock for me. Just ordered a 40c today so I will order another from them soon for that.


    Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    ginzo,that is a new design on me. Had not seen that one before. I usually don't care for paddle holsters because they stick out. This one does not stick out much at all.Conceals pretty good I think. Looks like that one is pretty close.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors