Garrett Silent Thunder: Fusion vs Solo

This is a discussion on Garrett Silent Thunder: Fusion vs Solo within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a big fan of the Silent Thunder rigs. To date I have three of them (2 x IWB and 1 x STX 2.0) with ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smarshe

Thread: Garrett Silent Thunder: Fusion vs Solo

I'm a big fan of the Silent Thunder rigs. To date I have three of them (2 x IWB and 1 x STX 2.0) with one more on the way (another IWB for my HK P30S). I've been contemplating picking up another HK, a USPc in 9mm. Only problem is, Ron says they can't make my normal rig for that gun, only the Fusion or Solo.

So which would you guys choose? I'm really at a loss. All of my Silent Thunders have been great, so I suppose either would work, but how to pick?

At first blush I think the Solo would be find for a small-ish gun like the USPc. It only has one clip but my IWBs are rock solid with a single clip, even the one for my Beretta Nano.

On the other hand, the Fusion might be even more solid given that it has two clips.

Is there a big difference in comfort? Is the Fusion enough larger to be noticeably warmer in hot weather?

I suppose there is no wrong choice with Garrett Industries, just looking for some suggestions.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Can't answer your question as all of mine are the Slims. But I'd suggest sending an email to the Garrett's. Sheryl was very helpful when I was making my selection.

I have and use both of these holsters. I use the Solo for my smaller sized gun and the Fusion for my larger Sig P229. Both are very comfortable but I think for larger guns the Fusion with two belt clips distribute the weight out better than one clip would. I carry a P938 in the Solo and it works great.

I have a Fusion for my G26. While I think it's a fantastic holster, it's just a little too bulky for my taste. I find myself wishing I got the single clip model.

Thanks, everyone! I've never had any stability issues with any of my single clip IWB rigs so maybe the Solo would be the way to go. But now it sounds like they may have a proper mould for the USPc by the time I manage to get the gun.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I just checked the Garrett web site and a Solo or Fusion is not available now for some reason. I just bought one of each less than a month ago. Glad I bought when I did.

I just ..(a week ago) ordered a solo for my 9mm Kimber Solo. It's still in "waiting fulfillment stage". No problem, I waited 4 months for my Milt Sparks.
    Are these as great as they look? Are they comfortable? I really look forward to getting mine.

Thks

Quote Originally Posted by Smarshe View Post
    I just ..(a week ago) ordered a solo for my 9mm Kimber Solo. It's still in "waiting fulfillment stage". No problem, I waited 4 months for my Milt Sparks.
    Are these as great as they look? Are they comfortable? I really look forward to getting mine.

Thks
    These are great holsters and they are even better than they look.

I don't know about the Solo but I have two IWBs and an STX 2.0. They're awesome! Usually they take two weeks almost to the day. I did have one take a month once when they were particularly busy. Pretty quick for such a great holster. Before I bought my first IWB I never would have believed an IWB holster could be so comfortable.

To be honest, I kind of want to get a Solo just to try it out.

I'll add to this thread when I get mine and wear it some.
    Phaedrus likes this.

I should add that if there's one thing even better than the product it's the service you get from the Garretts. When I placed my first order I screwed up and ordered the wrong color loops; it was my mistake yet they sent the correct ones at no cost. And a couple days ago I was wearing my IWB & Nano to the theater. When I sat down I caught the clip on the arm of the seat and broke the clip off. It was really a freak accident but they had a new clip on the way within hours of my request. The kind of customer service you get from Garrett Industries is really rare and something I really value a lot.

Links