High Noon Alter Ego Holster

High Noon Alter Ego Holster

This is a discussion on High Noon Alter Ego Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been a fan of High Noon holsters for the past five years and my daily carry holster is the Public Secret AIWB. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: High Noon Alter Ego Holster

Thumbs up High Noon Alter Ego Holster

I have been a fan of High Noon holsters for the past five years and my daily carry holster is the Public Secret AIWB.

I wanted a holster just like my Public Secret that I could carry in the same position but with the shirt tucked in for those times when I did not want to wear the shirt tail outside the pants.

My Alter Ego arrived this week and it fits my needs just right.

Still able to carry the Glock 23 in comfort and AIWB but with the shirt tucked into the pants.

Image 4.jpgImage 5.jpgImage 6.jpg

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters

Regards,

FlaRon
    liquid150 and mwhartman like this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Looks great! Nice pictures! Thanks, I'm going to consider one of these when I get my G26. I need something I can wear tucked-in, too.

Distinguished Member
    Oooo, I been using my mr.softy and modifying the clip so I can have the tuckable feature. I haven't seen this yet, off to high noon to check em out.

How is the bottom of the holster down past the trigger guard/on the outside corner? This area digs into my leg/upper thigh a good bit with the kydex holsters, but with the mr. softy its a nice piece of soft leather that bends and pretty much acts as a cushion.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Oooo, I been using my mr.softy and modifying the clip so I can have the tuckable feature. I haven't seen this yet, off to high noon to check em out.

How is the bottom of the holster down past the trigger guard/on the outside corner? This area digs into my leg/upper thigh a good bit with the kydex holsters, but with the mr. softy its a nice piece of soft leather that bends and pretty much acts as a cushion.
    miller_man,

The leather is not quite as soft as the Mr. Softy however it is quality leather not kydex and is molded to the handgun and has a sight track and slide guard.

FlaRon
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

JD
    Administrator
    Very cool, I've been eye~balling thier "Closing Argument" holster.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Very cool, I've been eye~balling thier "Closing Argument" holster.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    JD,

I see it's the exact same holster but with the 15 degree forward cant.

You should give it a try.

They have an excellent return policy.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Guar...guarantee.html

I've never had to use it however I like the fact that it's available especially when buying a high end holster.

FlaRon
    Last edited by FlaRon; June 16th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Please, FlaRon, educate us on the pros and cons of the narrower Side Guard clip vs. the wider High Noon clip.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Are you using the stock Glock sights, or do you have aftermarket sights? I am asking because I have Meprolights, and really like them, so I'll put them on the G26 I plan to get and possibly buy this holster for. If you use aftermarket, does this affect the performance of the holster i.e. is there any issue with the sights fitting and the weapon coming out without issues?

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    You're a bad man to post those pictures....now I have to buy ANOTHER holster......

J/K.......great looking rig...I like it....as Will Smith said.....I gotta get one of these.......
    FlaRon likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Please, FlaRon, educate us on the pros and cons of the narrower Side Guard clip vs. the wider High Noon clip.

"Educate" Doghandler....don't know about that however I do have both manufactures products though the Side Guard holsters are for my snubbie SP-101 and k-frame Model 65 revolvers while the High Noon are for my j-frame revolvers and all my Glocks.

The High Noon clip is around 1 1/4" wide while the Side Guard is about 7/8" wide. Both work as intended. The High Noon is a stiffer clip and the width makes it a bit more stable in my view. That's about it sir.

Image 12.jpg High Noon Public Secret on left and Side Guard Quick Clip on right.
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

FlaRon
    Doghandler likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by liquid150 View Post
    Are you using the stock Glock sights, or do you have aftermarket sights? I am asking because I have Meprolights, and really like them, so I'll put them on the G26 I plan to get and possibly buy this holster for. If you use aftermarket, does this affect the performance of the holster i.e. is there any issue with the sights fitting and the weapon coming out without issues?

I use Big Dot Express sights on my G-19 and G-23 and there is plenty of room in the High Noon sight track for them.

photo.jpg

Regards,

FlaRon
    liquid150 likes this.

Very nice looks alot like the rosen clip I just got for my shield

Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post
    I use Big Dot Express sights on my G-19 and G-23 and there is plenty of room in the High Noon sight track for them.

photo.jpg

Regards,

FlaRon
    Cool sights...I like those too. Thanks for this whole thread.

Nice holster, FlaRon! As deben mentioned....... another holster to buy or add to the need to buy list.
    FlaRon likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post
    "Educate" Doghandler....don't know about that however I do have both manufactures products though the Side Guard holsters are for my snubbie SP-101 and k-frame Model 65 revolvers while the High Noon are for my j-frame revolvers and all my Glocks.

The High Noon clip is around 1 1/4" wide while the Side Guard is about 7/8" wide. Both work as intended. The High Noon is a stiffer clip and the width makes it a bit more stable in my view. That's about it sir.

Image 12.jpg High Noon Public Secret on left and Side Guard Quick Clip on right.

Regards,

FlaRon
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you.
    FlaRon likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links