Got my N82 Tactical Pro holster for LC9

This is a discussion on Got my N82 Tactical Pro holster for LC9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my N82 Tactical Professional - Ruger holster today for my LC9. I'm at work, so I had to go to the garage ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chesafreak

Thread: Got my N82 Tactical Pro holster for LC9

I just received my N82 Tactical Professional - Ruger holster today for my LC9. I'm at work, so I had to go to the garage to try it out. Even though this one isn't marketed as "tuckable" I found it easy to tuck my shirt in over it. All I have done at this point is try it on at Appendix IWB position and sat in my car. It's very comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing it around a bit more.

I have been carrying my LC9 in a Remora, DeSantis SOF-TUCK, or a Fobus ankle holster, depending on what I'm wearing. When I'm wearing work attire (button down shirt and tie) I usually carry in the ankle holster. I wanted to stop using ankle carry because (1) its more difficult to draw, and (2) the Fobus doesn't have a retention strap, so it can and will fall out if you run any faster than a light jog. So now I'm switching to AIWB carry with the N82. The DeSantis SOF-TUCK just wasn't comfortable for me to use at AIWB position.

The N82 Pro holster is comfortable and secure. It requires a slight twisting motion of the pistol grip for the holster to release the pistol.

So far I'm pleased with this one. More to come after I wear it a bit longer...
    BadgerJ likes this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Glad to hear you're pleased with it. I love mine. I forget it's there half the time.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I used one for my XDm 9mm and it was by far the most comfortable I have ever used. However, I have 2 issues with it. 1) I could never get comfortable with the twisting motion required to draw... but I fixed that by "drilling" out most of the trigger guard. 2) I wasn't able to drive my thumb behind the grip to my hand deep enough to get the butt into the webbing between my thumb and forefinger.

I did cut a hole that helped with the thumb drive... but I ended up adding it to my discard pile. Hope you have better luck because it is SO comfortable!

I took a walk through town and grabbed a bite to eat on my lunch break today while wearing the N82/LC9. I love how comfortable this holster is worn AIWB while sitting. I think this one won't end up in the holster heap.

I carried my LC9 in the N82 holster all weekend. It is THE most comfortable holster I have ever worn. It's also the only holster that feels comfortable to wear AIWB. I still end up using my Fobus ankle holster when wearing work attire, because I can't carry at work and it's too difficult standing outside my car and trying to untuck and retuck my shirt every time I enter or leave work without attracting attention. Its much easier to sit in my car and strap on the ankle holster.

Say after one month please post another review.

Links