Cheap AIWB holsters?

This is a discussion on Cheap AIWB holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm wanting to get a cheap AIWB holster for my P-95 simply to see if that would be a viable carry method for me with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cheap AIWB holsters?

Cheap AIWB holsters?

I'm wanting to get a cheap AIWB holster for my P-95 simply to see if that would be a viable carry method for me with a pistol that large. I do not want to go all out and get a Dale Fricke or Garrett or anything along those lines at this time. So, I'm wondering what some cheap (well below $50 would be nice if that exists) AIWB options are. Essentially I'm trying to choose between a Glock 26 and 19 as a CCW (whenever that becomes legal here) and figure if I can hide the Ruger I can hide the G19.

TIA
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

2. Remove Ads

DJ, getting the cheap holster might not give you the correct feed back you are looking for. Check out vega they are not the most expensive, but there quality is pretty good....

Vega Holster

VIP Member
    Well I'm going to offer you my opinion, but it probably won't help you in the way you are hoping for. First off, AIWB, in my opinion, is very holster dependent. A cheap holster not well designed is probably not going to allow you to AIWB carry well. Secondly, your P95 is probably not going to make it into the blue gun selection from many holster makers. Between those two, I doubt you'll find a very significant selection for "quality" AIWB choices. If you try to go below $50 I doubt you'll find anything worth even trying.

FWIW, I EDC a Glock 26 AIWB and I occasionally switch it up and carry my 19 that way. The 19 is very doable AIWB. The 26 conceals better simply because the grip is shorter, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry my 19 that way if the 26 weren't an option.

I did a quick search on some of the more well known AIWB options and out of the 10 or so that I checked, only one was available for your Ruger P95. Here's a link to it.

Shaggy, AIWB - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

Sorry but I think this is the best you are going to do if you are really looking for any real success carrying AIWB. Picking up any old holster with a clip on the front just isn't going to really help you answer any questions on AIWB.

***Edit- Also, The Shaggy has a pretty good reputation among the main AIWB players, so it wouldn't be a bad holster to invest in. Lots of folks use it and are very pleased with it.
    tmoore912 and TVJ like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Take a look at Galco Stow and Go holsters. Reinforced mouth and well-made, all leather for $26. Got one for my Taurus 605 5-shot revolver. Love it and ordered another for my Glock 19 & 26. Maybe they make one for your pistola.

Got mine from "Optics Planet" who happens to also be a sponsor here.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the replies, fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    DJ, getting the cheap holster might not give you the correct feed back you are looking for. Check out vega they are not the most expensive, but there quality is pretty good....

Vega Holster
    Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at them, but unfortunately it looks like the holsters that would work as AIWB are not made for the P95.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well I'm going to offer you my opinion, but it probably won't help you in the way you are hoping for. First off, AIWB, in my opinion, is very holster dependent. A cheap holster not well designed is probably not going to allow you to AIWB carry well. Secondly, your P95 is probably not going to make it into the blue gun selection from many holster makers. Between those two, I doubt you'll find a very significant selection for "quality" AIWB choices. If you try to go below $50 I doubt you'll find anything worth even trying.

FWIW, I EDC a Glock 26 AIWB and I occasionally switch it up and carry my 19 that way. The 19 is very doable AIWB. The 26 conceals better simply because the grip is shorter, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry my 19 that way if the 26 weren't an option.

I did a quick search on some of the more well known AIWB options and out of the 10 or so that I checked, only one was available for your Ruger P95. Here's a link to it.

Shaggy, AIWB - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

Sorry but I think this is the best you are going to do if you are really looking for any real success carrying AIWB. Picking up any old holster with a clip on the front just isn't going to really help you answer any questions on AIWB.

***Edit- Also, The Shaggy has a pretty good reputation among the main AIWB players, so it wouldn't be a bad holster to invest in. Lots of folks use it and are very pleased with it.
    Thanks for the recommendations. The more I look the more I'm coming to the same conclusions you've stated. I was trying to avoid paying out too much because I really have no desire to CC the Ruger, but I may just have to bite the bullet. And, I guess I'd at least have that option if I wanted to give it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Take a look at Galco Stow and Go holsters. Reinforced mouth and well-made, all leather for $26. Got one for my Taurus 605 5-shot revolver. Love it and ordered another for my Glock 19 & 26. Maybe they make one for your pistola.

Got mine from "Optics Planet" who happens to also be a sponsor here.
    Looks like another one that does not appear to be made for the P95. Thanks, though!
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

Here's an idea. I had been looking for a Fricke-like style AIWB which I have found squat for in the price range I was targeting. But, I found the Old Faithful stealth-tuck belly holsters. It's the hybrid style as opposed to Fricke-style, but I could still try out AIWB and if I get the quick assemble kit I can get if for a hair under $50. Anyone have experience with these? Especially the quick assemble holsters?
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I will offer what I carry my 26 in AIWB..It's so comfortable I forget I have it on......and at your price level if you order the kit and screw it together yourself. It takes 5 minutes or less. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

You want the quick-assemble-kit.
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I will offer what I carry my 26 in AIWB..It's so comfortable I forget I have it on......and at your price level if you order the kit and screw it together yourself. It takes 5 minutes or less. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

You want the quick-assemble-kit.
    Thanks for the feedback! How high does the grip ride in this holster?
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

Check out high noon.
    DJC7 and FlaRon like this.

Any experience with the Mr. Softy and/or Upper Cut? I'm wondering about the ride heights, mostly.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! How high does the grip ride in this holster?
    Here are a couple of old pics before I went to aiwb....the holster is adjustable for height..I like a little high ride so as to get a full grip quickly if I have to remove it.

aiwb2.jpgconceal2.jpghaw3.jpg
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Here are a couple of old pics before I went to aiwb....the holster is adjustable for height..I like a little high ride so as to get a full grip quickly if I have to remove it.

aiwb2.jpgconceal2.jpghaw3.jpg
    I love that it's adjustable! This is likely the way I'm going to go then. Any idea what the difference between their hip and belly holsters? Wondering if I could wear a belly holster on the hip still if AIWB didn't quite work out.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

VIP Member
    Just a quick thought. When you do get closer to your actual preferred firearm/holster combination (assuming you stay with Glock) buy your holster for the 19, even if you decide to go with a shorter 26. First off, most people, me included, find the extra length of the holster a good thing. It helps keep the holster from wanting to pivot out and it really isn't that much more material, so it's not like the extra inch makes it less comfortable. Secondly, the 26 will fit in a 19 holster, but the opposite may not be true, so if you ever pick up a second gun, your holster will work for both.
    dben002, DJC7 and FlaRon like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    I love that it's adjustable! This is likely the way I'm going to go then. Any idea what the difference between their hip and belly holsters? Wondering if I could wear a belly holster on the hip still if AIWB didn't quite work out.
    There is no difference...you can wear this rig anywhere....aiwb or strong side hip or 1 2 3 oclock...wherever you want it.
    DJC7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Just a quick thought. When you do get closer to your actual preferred firearm/holster combination (assuming you stay with Glock) buy your holster for the 19, even if you decide to go with a shorter 26. First off, most people, me included, find the extra length of the holster a good thing. It helps keep the holster from wanting to pivot out and it really isn't that much more material, so it's not like the extra inch makes it less comfortable. Secondly, the 26 will fit in a 19 holster, but the opposite may not be true, so if you ever pick up a second gun, your holster will work for both.
    Great idea....thanks for throwing that in.........DJC7..take note.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links