Cheap AIWB holsters?

This is a discussion on Cheap AIWB holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm wanting to get a cheap AIWB holster for my P-95 simply to see if that would be a viable carry method for me with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cheap AIWB holsters?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653

    Cheap AIWB holsters?

    I'm wanting to get a cheap AIWB holster for my P-95 simply to see if that would be a viable carry method for me with a pistol that large. I do not want to go all out and get a Dale Fricke or Garrett or anything along those lines at this time. So, I'm wondering what some cheap (well below $50 would be nice if that exists) AIWB options are. Essentially I'm trying to choose between a Glock 26 and 19 as a CCW (whenever that becomes legal here) and figure if I can hide the Ruger I can hide the G19.

    TIA
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    DJ, getting the cheap holster might not give you the correct feed back you are looking for. Check out vega they are not the most expensive, but there quality is pretty good....

    Vega Holster

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Well I'm going to offer you my opinion, but it probably won't help you in the way you are hoping for. First off, AIWB, in my opinion, is very holster dependent. A cheap holster not well designed is probably not going to allow you to AIWB carry well. Secondly, your P95 is probably not going to make it into the blue gun selection from many holster makers. Between those two, I doubt you'll find a very significant selection for "quality" AIWB choices. If you try to go below $50 I doubt you'll find anything worth even trying.

    FWIW, I EDC a Glock 26 AIWB and I occasionally switch it up and carry my 19 that way. The 19 is very doable AIWB. The 26 conceals better simply because the grip is shorter, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry my 19 that way if the 26 weren't an option.

    I did a quick search on some of the more well known AIWB options and out of the 10 or so that I checked, only one was available for your Ruger P95. Here's a link to it.

    Shaggy, AIWB - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

    Sorry but I think this is the best you are going to do if you are really looking for any real success carrying AIWB. Picking up any old holster with a clip on the front just isn't going to really help you answer any questions on AIWB.

    ***Edit- Also, The Shaggy has a pretty good reputation among the main AIWB players, so it wouldn't be a bad holster to invest in. Lots of folks use it and are very pleased with it.
    tmoore912 and TVJ like this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Array robhic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    524
    Take a look at Galco Stow and Go holsters. Reinforced mouth and well-made, all leather for $26. Got one for my Taurus 605 5-shot revolver. Love it and ordered another for my Glock 19 & 26. Maybe they make one for your pistola.

    Got mine from "Optics Planet" who happens to also be a sponsor here.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653
    Thanks for the replies, fellas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    DJ, getting the cheap holster might not give you the correct feed back you are looking for. Check out vega they are not the most expensive, but there quality is pretty good....

    Vega Holster
    Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at them, but unfortunately it looks like the holsters that would work as AIWB are not made for the P95.

    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well I'm going to offer you my opinion, but it probably won't help you in the way you are hoping for. First off, AIWB, in my opinion, is very holster dependent. A cheap holster not well designed is probably not going to allow you to AIWB carry well. Secondly, your P95 is probably not going to make it into the blue gun selection from many holster makers. Between those two, I doubt you'll find a very significant selection for "quality" AIWB choices. If you try to go below $50 I doubt you'll find anything worth even trying.

    FWIW, I EDC a Glock 26 AIWB and I occasionally switch it up and carry my 19 that way. The 19 is very doable AIWB. The 26 conceals better simply because the grip is shorter, but I wouldn't hesitate to carry my 19 that way if the 26 weren't an option.

    I did a quick search on some of the more well known AIWB options and out of the 10 or so that I checked, only one was available for your Ruger P95. Here's a link to it.

    Shaggy, AIWB - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

    Sorry but I think this is the best you are going to do if you are really looking for any real success carrying AIWB. Picking up any old holster with a clip on the front just isn't going to really help you answer any questions on AIWB.

    ***Edit- Also, The Shaggy has a pretty good reputation among the main AIWB players, so it wouldn't be a bad holster to invest in. Lots of folks use it and are very pleased with it.
    Thanks for the recommendations. The more I look the more I'm coming to the same conclusions you've stated. I was trying to avoid paying out too much because I really have no desire to CC the Ruger, but I may just have to bite the bullet. And, I guess I'd at least have that option if I wanted to give it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Take a look at Galco Stow and Go holsters. Reinforced mouth and well-made, all leather for $26. Got one for my Taurus 605 5-shot revolver. Love it and ordered another for my Glock 19 & 26. Maybe they make one for your pistola.

    Got mine from "Optics Planet" who happens to also be a sponsor here.
    Looks like another one that does not appear to be made for the P95. Thanks, though!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653
    Here's an idea. I had been looking for a Fricke-like style AIWB which I have found squat for in the price range I was targeting. But, I found the Old Faithful stealth-tuck belly holsters. It's the hybrid style as opposed to Fricke-style, but I could still try out AIWB and if I get the quick assemble kit I can get if for a hair under $50. Anyone have experience with these? Especially the quick assemble holsters?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    I will offer what I carry my 26 in AIWB..It's so comfortable I forget I have it on......and at your price level if you order the kit and screw it together yourself. It takes 5 minutes or less. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

    You want the quick-assemble-kit.
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I will offer what I carry my 26 in AIWB..It's so comfortable I forget I have it on......and at your price level if you order the kit and screw it together yourself. It takes 5 minutes or less. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

    You want the quick-assemble-kit.
    Thanks for the feedback! How high does the grip ride in this holster?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array camsdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    736
    Check out high noon.
    DJC7 and FlaRon like this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653
    Any experience with the Mr. Softy and/or Upper Cut? I'm wondering about the ride heights, mostly.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! How high does the grip ride in this holster?
    Here are a couple of old pics before I went to aiwb....the holster is adjustable for height..I like a little high ride so as to get a full grip quickly if I have to remove it.

    aiwb2.jpgconceal2.jpghaw3.jpg
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array DJC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Here are a couple of old pics before I went to aiwb....the holster is adjustable for height..I like a little high ride so as to get a full grip quickly if I have to remove it.

    aiwb2.jpgconceal2.jpghaw3.jpg
    I love that it's adjustable! This is likely the way I'm going to go then. Any idea what the difference between their hip and belly holsters? Wondering if I could wear a belly holster on the hip still if AIWB didn't quite work out.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson


    "Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

  14. #13
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Just a quick thought. When you do get closer to your actual preferred firearm/holster combination (assuming you stay with Glock) buy your holster for the 19, even if you decide to go with a shorter 26. First off, most people, me included, find the extra length of the holster a good thing. It helps keep the holster from wanting to pivot out and it really isn't that much more material, so it's not like the extra inch makes it less comfortable. Secondly, the 26 will fit in a 19 holster, but the opposite may not be true, so if you ever pick up a second gun, your holster will work for both.
    dben002, DJC7 and FlaRon like this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    I love that it's adjustable! This is likely the way I'm going to go then. Any idea what the difference between their hip and belly holsters? Wondering if I could wear a belly holster on the hip still if AIWB didn't quite work out.
    There is no difference...you can wear this rig anywhere....aiwb or strong side hip or 1 2 3 oclock...wherever you want it.
    DJC7 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Just a quick thought. When you do get closer to your actual preferred firearm/holster combination (assuming you stay with Glock) buy your holster for the 19, even if you decide to go with a shorter 26. First off, most people, me included, find the extra length of the holster a good thing. It helps keep the holster from wanting to pivot out and it really isn't that much more material, so it's not like the extra inch makes it less comfortable. Secondly, the 26 will fit in a 19 holster, but the opposite may not be true, so if you ever pick up a second gun, your holster will work for both.
    Great idea....thanks for throwing that in.........DJC7..take note.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

aiwb forum
,

aiwb holster

,

best aiwb holster

,

galco stow n go vs high noon mr softy

,
glock 26 aiwb
,

high noon mr softy or uppercut aiwb

,
high noon uppercut aiwb appendix
,
high noon uppercut appendix aiwb
,
old faithful holster untrimmed kydex shell
,

shaggy aiwb

,
the shaggy aiwb
,
upper cut or mr softy for s&w shield
Click on a term to search for related topics.