Foxx hybrid and Little Foxx weekend review

This is a discussion on Foxx hybrid and Little Foxx weekend review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my new foxx hybrid for the g19 and the little foxx for the lcp the weekend now and I think I am ...

Thread: Foxx hybrid and Little Foxx weekend review

I have had my new foxx hybrid for the g19 and the little foxx for the lcp the weekend now and I think I am ready to give you guys my findings.

Foxx hybrid: for G19
    As expected. Very comparable to the crossbreed and every other holster of this type on the market. Comfort is good, retention is good, and I have none of the squeaky clip sounds that one sometimes gets when these are new.

If I were to upgrade this holster I would perhaps add about 1/4 - 1/2 in of leather around the upper portion of the gun as I did have a few pinches when entering or exiting my car. I think, after diagnosing the cause, that a bit of extra leather would have prevented this. However, the issue will likely resolve itself as the holster is broken in.

Little Foxx: for LCP
    Fell short of my expectations. The holster is fairly comfortable but it does have sharp edges where the leather seems to cut into my side certain ways I move. This is due to the leather backing being small. It is essentially a regular hybrid that has been cut down to only cover the kydex shell. This would be fine if you are skinny, but it is not fat guy certified IMO. Carrying it at 4 or 5 o'clock may solve this issue. I will continue to experiment with it.

The main problem I have with this is that the clip is a good 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch above the kydex. So, when the holster is worn, your beltline is higher than the kydex and thus, causes the gun to be carried deeper in the pants. This means that getting a firm grip on the gun and pulling is not easy. I found that I was fumbling with the grip using just two fingers to draw. The holster does have a combat cut but that is virtually useless due to your belt covering that area anyway.

I have contacted Foxx and am awaiting their response on ideas to solve the issues with the little foxx. I will post back and give you the results.

Awesome, thanks for the review I was thinking about getting one for my XDm.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I own one of each as well. I agree about the ride height of the Little Foxx, it's too low. Otherwise it's a fairly comfortable holster once you find the magic spot for it on your waist.

I owned a hybrid and currently have a little foxx. I have had no issues

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have had my shield in a foxx hybrid for a few months now and I love it. It has form fitted my body and the back of the leather has broken in great so its smooth against my skin. I think I am going to order one for my g23 with the upgraded clips. The metal clips are really prone to snag.

I have taken the clip off and only used one screw. The upper slotted hole matched with the bottom one on the holster. It is almost right now. I locked mine down really tight and it hasn't slipped or moved yet. I still don't think I am going to keep it.

On a side note: Foxx did not answer my email.

VIP Member
    Gonna have to check these out.

I like my Foxx holsters I have hybrid,little Foxx and Foxx trap. Weird that Ray has not gotten back to you,must be out of office he retuned all my emails with in the day or next day if I sent one late in the day I'm west coast he is in mid west

You can't give a holster a fair review in the span of a weekend...two weeks minimum

Links