Belly Band Makes Me Itch

This is a discussion on Belly Band Makes Me Itch within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought for sure that I had solved my deep concealment carry problem with a belly band. It was comfortable and easily concealed. I could ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Belly Band Makes Me Itch

Belly Band Makes Me Itch

I thought for sure that I had solved my deep concealment carry problem with a belly band. It was comfortable and easily concealed. I could wear it at my waistband or just a little bit higher or I could even hike it up across my chest and turn it for a shoulder holster style.

The problem is that after about 4 hours, it makes me itch like the dickens! I've tried using different thickness undershirts as well. Nothing seems to help. It reminds me of that feeling when you wear tall dress socks that are tight and when you take them off, your leg hair sticks out straight and your leg itches.

I'm really at a loss about what to do or what to try. I have to wear dress clothes for work every day with a tucked in shirt and dress pants. Tuckable holsters will simply not work at all. Really nothing that mounts to a belt will work either. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

2. Remove Ads

I have never used the belly band I do use a SmartCarry often and havent had the same issue. Have you thought of washing it? Maybe a chemical in the material is causing your discomfort.

No, it's not the material. It's because the band is tight around me. That's why I have the sock example. That's the best way I can describe it. I can wear it over am undershirt and still get itchy.

Try thunderwear it goes over your shorts

I don't think I'm going to have nearly enough room in that area of my dress pants for a holster and gun.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    They come in different sizes.

I understand that. What I'm saying is that between the frank, beans (particularly the beans), holster, and gun, I'm not going to have enough room in my dress pants. And I'm not about to buy several hundred dollars worth of bigger dress pants just to accommodate a $50 holster.

Lotion.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Downsize your gun and pocket carry?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

mkh
    They make t-shirts that contain a holster under your arm. Check out 5.11 or LA Pice Gear etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Downsize your gun and pocket carry?
    I worry about printing with that method, especially while working. Printing is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    They make t-shirts that contain a holster under your arm. Check out 5.11 or LA Pice Gear etc.
    Will do. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Holy crap! Those are pricey. I'd need at least 3 of the shirts to have enough to wear all week. That's over $200.
    welder516 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    With the larger sizes of I-Phones and Smart Phones, find a sub-compact gun and bel- clip phone case large enough to hold it. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    The problem is that after about 4 hours, it makes me itch like the dickens! I've tried using different thickness undershirts as well. Nothing seems to help. It reminds me of that feeling when you wear tall dress socks that are tight and when you take them off, your leg hair sticks out straight and your leg itches.
    For me, too, certain materials fail to breathe sufficiently and allow the skin and pores to do what they do. Result? Itching, with some materials.

Solution for me has been: leather holsters only, which seem to slide and avoid any skin reactions on me, even if bare to the skin; a slim, breathable undershirt of suitable "wicking" material, which can help wick away moisture before it gets jammed up between me and the gun.

BTW, there are various "wicking" materials out there. Your average cotton shirt feels great, but it's not one of them. Neither is polyester, rayon or most of the other man-made cloths. Check out some of the top names in "wicking" garments, evaluating the various material ingredients they're using. They use those for good reason. You might find one of them works very well with your skin's particular preferences as to "breathing."

In your case, if you're set on sticking with that particular belly band, I would suggest: a decent "wicking" undershirt, the belly band, your dress shirt, and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, try sewing on some decent wicking material onto the skin-facing side of the band. And if that doesn't work, try a different belly-band that contains different materials.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links