Help me choose a new holster.

This is a discussion on Help me choose a new holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know you can't just pick a holster for another person, but this might help. Right now all I use is a galco king tuck. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDSchutzhund
  • 1 Post By mck1975
  • 1 Post By floggindave
  • 1 Post By MidWorld

Thread: Help me choose a new holster.

I know you can't just pick a holster for another person, but this might help. Right now all I use is a galco king tuck. I like it for many reasons. 1. It holds both my g17 and g26, which I carry either almost always. 2. I can tuck a shirt over it, if needed. 3. Its kydex and still has a good amount of retention after 2 years of only using that holster. What other kydex holsters could I use for both a g26 and g17. I like the two clips spread out design, but would enjoy something different. Any suggestions?

I just recently purchased my IWB from MidWorld. Haven't recieved it yet but the guy who custom made it had it down for my specific style weapon and I'm loving some of the reviews that have come along with it.

Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster

The vendor is a member here and my customer service experiences with him even prior to purchasing have been punctual and pleasant. I'm one of those people that place just as much emphasis on CS as I do your actual product and I get the feeling that I am going to be quite pleased with my decision.
    MidWorld likes this.

I have two holsters I use for my G26. I use an AIWB from Off The Grid Concept | DYNAMIC, SIMPLICITY, ADAPTABILITY. It is all kydex and holds the firearm SUPER tight. And I also carry a hybrid leather/kydex holster from SHTF Gear Holsters - American Made, Fast Shipping, Comfortable Holsters. I am able to conceal my full size 1911 with this holster wearing just a polo and shorts.

VIP Member
    If you have a few months to kill, Crossbreed, although it is essentially the same as what you have.

Great holster, btw...

+1 on the SHTF Gear holsters - Glock 17/22/31 ACE-1 Holster
    sioux565 likes this.
    The darkest places in hell
    are reserved for those who maintain
    their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Cool

I just picked up this High Noon Alter Ego last week and am really liking it.

I use it for my Glock 19 and 23.

I wear my holster AIWB and this holster has zero cant which works great for my needs.

It has a brother the Closing Argument that has a 15 degree cant for those who require it.

Molded for the specific firearm, combat grip, slide guard, sight track, tension screw, heavy duty belt clip and all leather construction.

Image 4.jpgImage 5.jpgImage 6.jpg Alter Ego
    click image to enlarge....

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters

Regards,

FlaRon
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

I would recommend SHTF Gear. I've been using their holster for my G27 and it is extremely comfortable and their customer service is great. My G22 fits in it as well.

I would also check out Aholster. I have one of their kydex holsters for my LCP and it is really good!

For a Hybrid give Cleveland's Holster https://www.clevelandsholsters.com a look. For all Kydex check Statutreman's Statureman Custom Holsters Both deliver in two to three weeks and both have a 30 no questions asked money back guarantee. The great thing about Cleveland's ALL of the parts they use,even the lock tight is manufactured in America
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have an old faithful iwb kit being delived in the next week or two, id be happy to give you my thoughts afterwards.
    DJC7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by floggindave View Post
    I have an old faithful iwb kit being delived in the next week or two, id be happy to give you my thoughts afterwards.
    This is the route I'm planning on going too after a decent amount of research. About half the price as a lot of other companies with just as good quality (so I've read), 30 day money back guarantee (and you get to keep the holster), 50 year warranty, adjustable for height/cant, can buy additional kydex shells for different guns, thick soft leather and thick sturdy kydex (again from whati've read in many places). Sounds hard to beat!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    I just recently purchased my IWB from MidWorld. Haven't recieved it yet but the guy who custom made it had it down for my specific style weapon and I'm loving some of the reviews that have come along with it.

Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster

The vendor is a member here and my customer service experiences with him even prior to purchasing have been punctual and pleasant. I'm one of those people that place just as much emphasis on CS as I do your actual product and I get the feeling that I am going to be quite pleased with my decision.
    Thanks! and I should be done with your holster by Monday.
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

Try an MTAC from Comp-tac. I just got one for my SR9C and can't believe how comfortable it is. I have a couple of other hybrid holsters and definitely like this one the best. It has a slightly smaller footprint and the smooth leather backing makes it much easier to put on an take off. The fact that you can order replacement kydex bodies to accommodate other guns is pretty cool too.

I like it so much I just ordered kydex bodies for 3 other guns!

Sponsored Links