Defensive Carry banner

Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !!

11K views 92 replies 75 participants last post by  Kevets 
#1 ·
REMORA NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS !!

Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my enquiries around till I had to go OUTSIDE their company to get any additional assistance from so called customers till I felt comfortable to place an order. They NEVER got back to my additional enquries. They came across as bothered for asking questions about their products. What is up with that ??

So I place order for a holster and it falls apart less than a week of use it. This reflects a great lack of business integrity for their customer's enquiry and service over all. My holster is not even 2 weeks old and the stitching is coming apart. They have my hard earn $$$ and I have holster that is falling apart. Thanks Alan for passing me along like my order does not matter.

#31 ·
OP- you're going to get eaten alive on this forum. Remora is generally held as having the best service in the business.

I've had to contact Remora a couple of times and any issue I had was resolved in a quick and friendly manner. Alan was extremely helpful and more than willing to go above and beyond.

OP, just curious... when you contacted Remora, did you go off like a hand grenade or were you speaking in a calm manner?

#33 ·
Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my enquiries around till I had to go OUTSIDE their company to get any additional assistance from so called customers till I felt comfortable to place an order. They NEVER got back to my additional enquries. They came across as bothered for asking questions about their products. What is up with that ??

So I place order for a holster...
Why would you order from a company after discovering such poor customer service?

Why would you base a purchase decision on 'assistance' from "so called customers" outside the company?

This doesn't make sense. A number of companies make clipless holsters, so there's really no reason to buy one from a company that you felt slighted by.

I've purchased 4 holsters (on 4 different occasions, and for 4 different guns) from Remora. Quality and service were always impeccable.

#36 ·
i almost always get the machine when i call lately. to me, that means business is good. and then, usually Pauleen(which is awesome!! ask for her and say hector from fgf sent you) gets back to me same day or next. i just recently ordered 2 more holsters and mentioned that i figured that the reason my xdm 3.8 sat a little deep was because they use the same one for the 4.5". she had me send it back even though the thing had been well used for like 6-7 months. to help her explain it to the guys, i sent some vids. and a few holsters(sent by them at no cost to me) later i have the perfect holster for my xdm 3.8! i think they have made the change on the chart. but either way, i have never had that type of customer service in any type of purchase. not to be a ***** but, i think you're either jumping the gun, or you're just unpleasable.

#37 ·
My recent Remora experience: I ordered a remora-Hyde holster for my sig 1911 carry. The holster arrived and due to the thickness of my sig 1911 and the fact that it has a 4.2 inch barrel, it's an uncomfortably tight fit. I write Remora and explain and tell them I would like to return it for a larger one. Not only did they say they would make a holster specifically to fit my 1911 free of charge, they told me to keep the one they already sent. So, if anyone needs a remora-hyde 1911 holster for a commander size 1911, let me know.

#38 ·
I ordered my first remora when they were doing a buy one get one special...so I figured what the heck. Construction, fit, apparent quality, price, and the smell were perfect. In the end I decided it wasnt the right sytsem for me, but that was to no fualt of Remora. I gave one away and kept the other and I use it occasionally, but not as often as others. Overall their product is superb IMO.

To the OP, this is meant as advice and not an insult..... In the future, I would be very careful about openly bashing a person or product without giving ALL of the facts. I understand that you were dissatisfied, and that is fine, but your post comes off as a personal attack against Remora, and not an informative post. Remora has a very large following here on the forum, and it has been hard earned and is well deserved. I have not had need to deal with the CS ofRemora p-ersonally, but from the sheer magnitude of positive responses here, and on every other site on the interweb, I have to feel like we are not getting the whole story. I encourage you to attemp to come to a positive resolution with Remora, as it would benefit everyone involved. If not..... remora will continue to have a devoted and loyal fan base either way. Its your call.

Reactions: bigmacque
#39 ·
Between my wife and I, we've got half a dozen Remora holsters for guns ranging from a Sig P238 to a 5" 1911 and they're all of exceptional quality and are holding up very well over time. I've never waited more than an hour for an email response, even on weekends. We're 100% satisfied customers and will continue to buy Remora holsters for every new handgun that comes our way.

It's unfortunate that the OP had a negative experience, but it's far from the norm.

#40 ·
Am I the only one confused by the OP's statement? The original post is not the worst piece of writing I've seen on this forum, but it's not the most concise piece of prose either. It makes me wonder if the original poster was able to effectively communicate his concerns to the company. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a problem, but I can't really discern what happened so I have to figure the customer service folks may have had the same trouble. I can see where that might cause some angst on the part of a customer and how it could delay and garble a response, particularly if it's over email.

#42 ·
Whazzup with the OP? He drops a [post] like this on us and then doesn't log on again since posting?

Isn't there a term for conduct like this? Something like "hit and run?" but only much more derogatory?

Who's the top smartarse in this group that can coin a phrase? Brad426? Timmy? Need help, been a long day and I'm tapped...

#44 ·
I have to say that I am in the happily satisfied with remora group. I have two of them for my M&P. The second one didn't fit as well as I thought it should when I received it even after letting it break in for a week. Remora was extremely helpful in getting me a new holster. They even sent it out before they received my old one.

#45 ·
I think he might work for another company that has a similar product.

Never had any trouble out of our Remora holsters, so I don't know how their customer service is but I won't be concerened if I ever need it.

Like others, the mag holsters don't work as well as I thought they would, but that might be because I need to loose a few pounds. For the CW45, their holster is a perfect summer carry rig.

#46 ·
I asked Alan to make me up a dual mag pouch for cargo pocket use, and he sent me two...one deep and one more shallow. Free of charge. Can't really ask for more.

#48 ·
I hang out and listen in on another message board, one dedicated to lunacy and a particular state university. On that boards Pulitzer Prize Board (PPB), you get a lot of clowns that create user ID's and then go out onto other forums and purposely stir up crap by dropping comments counter to the popular vein of the other forum -- for instance they'll drift over to a university football board with a new user name, often with a number of BS posts to pad their post count a little bit, and start trashing the football team. Just for fun, just to see what kind of reaction they'll get.

I suspect we're getting some of the same sophomoric behavior here. Bye bye OP, haven't seen you back since your post.

#49 ·
Thank you Remora,

Like an idiot, I ordered the wrong holster. I called Remora, and talked to a real live human. CS was so helpful. They gave me an ID to write on my return. I was about to call and ask about my return, but my new holster came in the mail Friday. They had already sent me an e-mail update (which I hadn't checked).

Maybe I'm not an uptight customer who needs their product the same day, but I found the folks at Remora as great as their product.

#50 ·
Another Remora fan here.

I have a few of their products and they are all great. One holster I ordered was the wrong size. After calling and talking to one of their CS employees about the return process we solved the problem. After mailing the holster back, it must have gotten lost in the process. I called Remora and talked to the same gentlemen and he mailed me a new holster plus a mag holster free of charge.

Great company, products, and customer service.

#51 ·
I was curious what issues folks were having with the mag carriers? Double or single?

I've got a single mag carrier and it works great for back pocket or blazer breast pocket carry; as well as the couple times I've used it off-side IWB it seemed to work well.

j/w.

#52 · (Edited)
I own three Remora holsters, and one Remora magazine pouch.

- I bought one of their OWB holsters and use it as a bedside holster. Because of its design, I can tuck the velcro flap in between my bed's boxspring and mattress. And, because of Remora's no-slip goodness, the holster doesn't shift if I draw my firearm. And, because of Remora's reinforced top, I can easily reholster the firearm with one hand.

- When I bought the OWB, it came with a free single magazine pouch. It's sturdy, just like their holsters, and has great retention on the magazine. I keep it in my back pocket where it doesn't print (wearing Dickies) but gives me quick, hassle-free access to an extra 12 rounds should I need it.

- My first Remora holster was an IWB no-slip for my M&P9c. I use this for carrying in my car. I place the holstered firearm in between the seat and the center console. It doesn't move, and it provides quicker access and drawing than keeping the firearm holstered on my hip does. It's also easily concealed by placing my hat over it. I also use it for daily carrying around the house, and when I am doing yard work.

- Finally, I use a no-slip Remora to pocket carry my 642. Good retention, and the holster stays in place when I draw the firearm. It's reinforced top makes reholstering a cinch.

Remora currently has a 25 percent off plus a free mag pouch deal going on right now, with any purchase over $30. I find myself tempted. Incredibly tempted. Because, even though I don't need another, Remora is that damn good and I have no problem giving them my money.

#53 ·
Even though it looks like the OP ran off & lots of people have already replied, I'll throw one more on the pile.

I've got 2 Remoras (from when they were running a BOGO deal :) ) and I couldn't be happier with them! They arrived fast, are well made and I use them quite a bit. No complaints here!

#56 ·
I haven't read all the replies but I'm gonna flat out call BS.

There is no way they "forwarded" your inquiries anywhere. Most of the time Alan himself is the one corresponding.

I also have a very hard time believing that your holster is just falling apart after 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.