Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !!

Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !!

This is a discussion on Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; REMORA NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS !! Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !!

REMORA NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS !!

Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my enquiries around till I had to go OUTSIDE their company to get any additional assistance from so called customers till I felt comfortable to place an order. They NEVER got back to my additional enquries. They came across as bothered for asking questions about their products. What is up with that ??

So I place order for a holster and it falls apart less than a week of use it. This reflects a great lack of business integrity for their customer's enquiry and service over all. My holster is not even 2 weeks old and the stitching is coming apart. They have my hard earn $$$ and I have holster that is falling apart. Thanks Alan for passing me along like my order does not matter.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    You would be the first person I've ever heard complain about Remora. In my dealings with them -- now up to four different holsters for three different guns -- Alan has always been very responsive, very helpful and very willing to accomodate -- even taking the time to ship me one to let me try it before worrying about whether I paid him for it or not.

Sorry you don't feel the same way but you are by far not the norm for Remora.
    darbo, Aceoky, rigel42 and 17 others like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I agree with bigmacque 100%. Just because you (say you) had a bad experience with Remora, please don't paint them with that wide brush! I don't know where you read about these products, but I, too, would be unable to give a bad report on Alan, Remora holsters or his company. I own about 6 and every one has been great. As has been his service.

So please don't judge on one experience when I could point you to 1000's of GOOD experiences and faithful, loyal customers. Could the fault possibly lie with you...? Just sayin'.
    FlaRon likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

There are a few companies out there though i never have bought anything from, I would be happy to do business with, just based on the recommendations I have read here.
    Remora would be among those. I would try to give them a second chance to make your product right.
    Aceoky and NewtownSam like this.

Have you even contacted them to say the holster "fell apart?" I guarantee if you do they will make it right.
    FlaRon, niks and darbo like this.

Remora never responded to any of my inquiries when i was in the market for a clip less holster last year. I then tried to call them and got an answering machine during business hours.

That's when i discovered Sticky brand holsters and had a really positive and prompt response from them regarding some of my questions. I ended up ordering one for my XD Service and it's usually always my "go to" holster. Very high quality stitching and grip.

But i don't have anything against Remora. When it comes to retail, you win some and you lose some. And you can never please everyone.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    I agree with others, never heard anything negative about remora holsters. I've now purchased 3 of their products - two pocket holsters and 2 pack of mag carriers. I've put two of em through the ringer with NO signs of damage or even showing wear and tear except a little form shaping and getting dusty.

Maybe you got a deformed product, and from the sound of it they didn't respond to you - but it sure doesn't match up with all the tons of positive things I hear from everyone. You don't go into real detail about when and what you said when you contacted them - but go straight to ripping them apart, this comes off as odd +fishy to me.
    FlaRon and Old Sarge like this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

cj
    Not much to go on here. If I'm reading it correctly, you asked them a question and weren't happy with how long it was taking them to get back with you. Without knowing what type of question you asked (for all we know it could have been, "I want a double holster for my twin Desert Eagle .50's so I can tuck it in the back of my pants under my duct-taped steel plate which can stop multiple .308 rounds but needs extra reinforcement so I don't hurt my back while doing tactical rolls moving between the food court and Payless so how long before you can make me one?" which would be understandable to need to pass around for design implementation ideas).

Then something went wrong with the product, so due to your first experience, you're not willing to give them a chance.

What did they say when you asked about the issue with the holster?
    Mikedare and BenGoodLuck like this.

I emailed them with a question and got a response within 30 minutes.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I own several remora holsters. They have been great each time! The product is very good quality. I am sorry if you had a bad experience but I have had nothing but fantastic service from them.

VIP Member
    I own a business (not gun related) But there are some people you could stand on your head, clap your hands and they still would not be happy . I have found if you start the conversation out right most of the time it will go your way . If you go in to it too strong you are going to walk away un-happy. But on the other side i have made mistakes as a owner and i will do what i need to do to make that right Too.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I have 3 remoras and my friends have many, never a problem when I talked to alan on the phone, have trouble getting emai answered sometimes, they have been great to us, guess it not a perfect world yet, Ovomits still working on that..................

I emailed them about a problem I was having with their new tuckables and within an hour I had a response offering a modification to fix the problem at no cost to me. Another of my Remoras is carried almost every day and has been for over a year and shows no sign of wear or damage. I've been pleased with them.
    bigmacque likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delphis View Post
    REMORA NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS !!

Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my enquiries around till I had to go OUTSIDE their company to get any additional assistance from so called customers till I felt comfortable to place an order. They NEVER got back to my additional enquries. They came across as bothered for asking questions about their products. What is up with that ??

So I place order for a holster and it falls apart less than a week of use it. This reflects a great lack of business integrity for their customer's enquiry and service over all. My holster is not even 2 weeks old and the stitching is coming apart. They have my hard earn $$$ and I have holster that is falling apart. Thanks Alan for passing me along like my order does not matter.
    That's a heck of a primal scream for your second post on the forum. Feel better?
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I have 2 Remora Holsters and soon to be 3. I've had great luck and the holsters are the best.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links