Defensive Carry banner

Remora holsters and their so called business integrity needs a make over big time !!

11K views 92 replies 75 participants last post by  Kevets 
#1 ·
REMORA NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO ITS CUSTOMERS !!

Remora claims to be big on customer service yet they just forwarded my enquiries around till I had to go OUTSIDE their company to get any additional assistance from so called customers till I felt comfortable to place an order. They NEVER got back to my additional enquries. They came across as bothered for asking questions about their products. What is up with that ??

So I place order for a holster and it falls apart less than a week of use it. This reflects a great lack of business integrity for their customer's enquiry and service over all. My holster is not even 2 weeks old and the stitching is coming apart. They have my hard earn $$$ and I have holster that is falling apart. Thanks Alan for passing me along like my order does not matter.

#2 ·
You would be the first person I've ever heard complain about Remora. In my dealings with them -- now up to four different holsters for three different guns -- Alan has always been very responsive, very helpful and very willing to accomodate -- even taking the time to ship me one to let me try it before worrying about whether I paid him for it or not.

Sorry you don't feel the same way but you are by far not the norm for Remora.

#3 ·
I agree with bigmacque 100%. Just because you (say you) had a bad experience with Remora, please don't paint them with that wide brush! I don't know where you read about these products, but I, too, would be unable to give a bad report on Alan, Remora holsters or his company. I own about 6 and every one has been great. As has been his service.

So please don't judge on one experience when I could point you to 1000's of GOOD experiences and faithful, loyal customers. Could the fault possibly lie with you...? Just sayin'.

#4 ·
There are a few companies out there though i never have bought anything from, I would be happy to do business with, just based on the recommendations I have read here.
Remora would be among those. I would try to give them a second chance to make your product right.

#6 ·
Remora never responded to any of my inquiries when i was in the market for a clip less holster last year. I then tried to call them and got an answering machine during business hours.

That's when i discovered Sticky brand holsters and had a really positive and prompt response from them regarding some of my questions. I ended up ordering one for my XD Service and it's usually always my "go to" holster. Very high quality stitching and grip.

But i don't have anything against Remora. When it comes to retail, you win some and you lose some. And you can never please everyone.

#7 ·
I agree with others, never heard anything negative about remora holsters. I've now purchased 3 of their products - two pocket holsters and 2 pack of mag carriers. I've put two of em through the ringer with NO signs of damage or even showing wear and tear except a little form shaping and getting dusty.

Maybe you got a deformed product, and from the sound of it they didn't respond to you - but it sure doesn't match up with all the tons of positive things I hear from everyone. You don't go into real detail about when and what you said when you contacted them - but go straight to ripping them apart, this comes off as odd +fishy to me.

#8 ·
Not much to go on here. If I'm reading it correctly, you asked them a question and weren't happy with how long it was taking them to get back with you. Without knowing what type of question you asked (for all we know it could have been, "I want a double holster for my twin Desert Eagle .50's so I can tuck it in the back of my pants under my duct-taped steel plate which can stop multiple .308 rounds but needs extra reinforcement so I don't hurt my back while doing tactical rolls moving between the food court and Payless so how long before you can make me one?" which would be understandable to need to pass around for design implementation ideas).

Then something went wrong with the product, so due to your first experience, you're not willing to give them a chance.

What did they say when you asked about the issue with the holster?

#11 ·
I own a business (not gun related) But there are some people you could stand on your head, clap your hands and they still would not be happy . I have found if you start the conversation out right most of the time it will go your way . If you go in to it too strong you are going to walk away un-happy. But on the other side i have made mistakes as a owner and i will do what i need to do to make that right Too.

#13 ·
I emailed them about a problem I was having with their new tuckables and within an hour I had a response offering a modification to fix the problem at no cost to me. Another of my Remoras is carried almost every day and has been for over a year and shows no sign of wear or damage. I've been pleased with them.

#16 ·
Ill be honest. I had a discussion on here about the problem I had with one of his holsters. Let me make it plain as Jane. Alan went FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND what I would ever have thought one would. Matter of fact, that one thread lead to us now carrying them in our store. We have been carrying them for about 3 months now and have already refilled orders 3 times over. I understand sometimes a bad product slips through and sometimes you catch someone on a bad day. But, don't let the brush be too broad and give them a chance.

#17 ·
I know Remora holsters are wildly popular but I just don't "get" it. I bought a pair of the mag holders and they're useless IMOHO. No knock on the company- the service was great and they were friendly. I didn't send them back because they're so cheap it's not worth the trouble, plus they did their part...I just didn't like them. Maybe the holsters are better, I dunno.

Reactions: bigmacque
#26 ·
I have no problem with this post at all -- that's your take and opinion of them and candidly that's a fine opinion. You're certainly entitled to it and I don't read any animosity in your post at all.

I think the OP kind of got to me because it bordered on personal. I would almost bet that he did nothing to contact Remora and try to work it out -- Allen (Alan? not sure) simply would have made it right no matter what -- he's a great person to work with.

But then ..... it also appears the OP cut and ran.

#20 ·
I have been running customer service long enough to know that there are always two sides of the story and the 'wronged' customers usually make themselves out to be the good guy. A company does not survive with bad customer service. I bought a holster from them last year and due to the closed bottom, it made my gun ride too high in my pocket when I used it for pocket carry. I emailed Alan and asked him if he could make one with an open bottom. He not only did that but did not ask for the original holster back and then surprised me with some free magazine pouches. A company who sells over the internet cannot afford to have bad customer service as word spreads. Everyone company lets a bad one slip past QC now and then. They all do, no matter who they are unless you are paying outrageous prices for it.

#22 ·
Not sure what happened to them?

I ordered one some time ago with little intent on using it for much, mostly to see what all the hype was about. I made a very minor comment about the fit in my thank you note... and he sent me 4 more of the same specification but different sizes as well as a single-mag carrier for free, without even telling me. It was a nice surprise to say the least.

#23 ·
I have two remora holsters and two mag carriers. The first time I ordered, I was unhappy with the full sized holster and Alan replaced it for free with the cut down model. He also tossed in a free mag carrier. I have never heard of anything less than great customer service from Remora

#25 ·
I have had only experience with Allen @ Remora and it was good. It turned out I didn't buy, but
he did his part giving me the information I needed.

We run a small business, vacation lodging. Frankly, sometimes I can tell I don't want someone's business by
the first few words they send in an e-mail. We try to find out what we can do to best accommodate our guests but
sometimes we just tell people we are fully booked on the dates they want when we are not actually booked because we can sense
trouble coming. 99% of our customers are thrilled, and 1% can never be pleased.

We've had ultra wealthy clients who were extremely gracious guests and we have had others who stiffed our kitchen staff after having ordered special meals. That's the way it is with a retail business. You can't please everyone.
Sometimes it doesn't even pay to try.

#27 ·
I own a company as well and I agree that there 2 sides to every story. Now my company is not perfect and has made many mistakes but I will bend over backwards to fix it. Then there are some customers that don't want the problem fixed, they just have in their heads that the experience is bad and it will always be bad. Nothing you can do to overcome it. Remora has been top notch in all of my experiences with them as I mentioned above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.