Looking Holster for Sig Sauer p238

This is a discussion on Looking Holster for Sig Sauer p238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not like the holster which came with the gun. I would like one I can wear on my hip comfortably for concealed and ...

Thread: Looking Holster for Sig Sauer p238

I do not like the holster which came with the gun. I would like one I can wear on my hip comfortably for concealed and carry.

Any suggestions and where I can pick one up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Galco?

Remora or N82 two of my favs.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Just yesterday I bought an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Hip Holster (Size 15) which fits my SIG 238 perfectly. The holster is OWB, but I just wear a t-shirt over it for concealment. The price was only $16.95 @ the local Academy Sports. Academy also sells online.

Sponsor
    Take a look at the SHTF Gear ACE holster for the 238.

Sig P238 ACE-2 Holster

-Clay

The OP doesn't give a lot to go on! How will you carry? What will you wear? IWB or OWB? You say "on your hip", does that mean outside the waistband? When someone asks advice about a holster I'm afraid the stock answer will be all of us telling you what works for us. My favorite for any gun on they can make one for is the Garrett Silent Thunder IWB. The Garrett STX 2.0 is very good if you like OWB carry. Theis makes a good one and I think SHTFGear also makes great stuff (I especially love the SHTFGear Horizontal mag carrier) but the hybrids aren't as comfortable for me as the Garrett. It's a pretty subjective thing, though. That's why so many of us wind up with a box of holsters before we find "the One."
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Hey all, I have a 238 (finally) coming to me this week and instead of cluttering up the board with another "what holster should I look into?" thread, I figured I'd resurrect this one from a few weeks ago.

I currently carry a P229 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, which I absolutely love and the weight and feel of it has all but disappeared after wearing it long enough to break in. That being said, I'd actually like to start carrying the 238 while it's still blazing hot out, BEFORE October which is mostly likely the earliest I could get a Crossbreed made and shipped for a 238. So basically what I'm looking for is something similar to a Crossbreed Mini Tuck to use while I wait for a Crossbreed to arrive, that I probably won't get to use until next summer.

In addition, I'm looking for a pocket holster for it as well, or something that my wife can put the gun in before putting it in her purse. When we are together, I will probably carry this gun in the summer, but she will most likely carry it if going out without me or in the cooler weather when I'm carrying the P229. I don't think I've convinced her to compromise her fashion sense and carry IWB yet.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer!

Links