Deep concealment

This is a discussion on Deep concealment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've looking for some GOOD ideas for deep concealment of a glock26 when im dressed western style . shirt tucked in no jacket . couple ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep concealment

Deep concealment

I've looking for some GOOD ideas for deep concealment of a glock26 when im dressed western style . shirt tucked in no jacket .

couple ideas i have had are Belly bands, pagerpal ( which i dont really like ) . if anyone has any ideas let me know. i have a comp tac holster that i can tuck into but the clips show just a little under my belt line.

2. Remove Ads

Depending on how "deep" you want it other options would include:
    Thunderware (or similar)
    The Kangaroo
    An "Undershirt" holster (can't think of who makes one at the moment)
    Also a tuckable holster that attach to the inside of the belt via velcro could be an option (again, off the top of my head I can't think of the maker) or an ankle holster (dependent on type of footware of course)

just a cool pic i thought id share of last week at the range .
    Attached Images

Roto thanks....the shirt your thinking about i think is made by 5.11. Im not sure i like those because the trigger guard are not protected....reach in there in a hurry and end up pulling the trigger yourself ( that might hurt a little )

I would also be interested in hearing about a deep concealment holster for it. I dress "western style" quite often. This would be very beneficial for me too.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    This is one of the situations where i use a no name nylon ankle holster , and tuck the pm into the left boot .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I have a kangaroo style shoulder holster,its a cross between a belly band and a shoulder holster,except its a lot more comfortable.It has a strap that goes over your shoulder and the pistol sits under your left arm where your arm pretty much keeps it hid.I wear mine whenever I want really deep cover.I pretty much wear just western shirts with the snaps on them and leave the top button unsnapped and if I need to get to it,I just grab the shirt between the 2nd and 3rd snap with my left hand,yank and grab gun handle with my right and pull,Its pretty fast for me.I carry a kimber ultra carry or a keltec P11.I wear it this way to church and other places,never been spotted yet. sj

Kramer makes a couple of styles of undershirt holster.

Depending on how tight your shirt and jeans are you have some options, but even they are limited.

1 Ankle holster or metal clip[ holster attached to Clock and pushed in the boot. This requires a loose pant leg. Akward to draw

2 Smart Carry or Thunderware - needs loose fit jeans or pleated pants - Needs practice to learn how to draw - medium speed

3 Pocket holster - needs loose fit jeans or pleated pants

4 Kramer undershirt holster - requires loose shirt.

Even when going with deep concealment holsters you still need to dress to hide the sidearm.

Deleted duplicate post
    Last edited by JackJ; November 23rd, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

How about a nice western vest? I wear a somewhat dressy wool vest most days...my work attire is "business casual" and carry a G19 in OWB holster. Today its cooler here in Texas, and with jeans I'm wearing a flannel lined vest with the same rig. So far no one has screamed "gun" at me. Have a great Thanksgiving...I'm off to Indiana to visit my daughter, packing all the way!
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

I'll second SmartCarry. If you are going to use this with a Glock though I would invest in the little trigger block made by Clipdraw. It keeps the Glock trigger from actuating until you insert your finger, which naturally pushes it loose.

I use a J Frame in my Smart Carry or an auto with a safety. The short & light pull on the Glock would worry me.

Comment on Kangaroo carry holster

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I have a kangaroo style shoulder holster,its a cross between a belly band and a shoulder holster,except its a lot more comfortable.It has a strap that goes over your shoulder and the pistol sits under your left arm where your arm pretty much keeps it hid.I wear mine whenever I want really deep cover.I pretty much wear just western shirts with the snaps on them and leave the top button unsnapped and if I need to get to it,I just grab the shirt between the 2nd and 3rd snap with my left hand,yank and grab gun handle with my right and pull,Its pretty fast for me.I carry a kimber ultra carry or a keltec P11.I wear it this way to church and other places,never been spotted yet. sj
    I have seen these advertised on the web and been tempted to buy one, but have not done so yet. They look pretty good and I'm glad to read your favorable commentary on them. I think they would work best with a shirt cut full in the chest and a slim gun like a Walther PPK or Kahr. Here is the website, where the price is $27:

Kangaroo carry holster

VIP Member
    Ahhhh.... NO! Definately Thunderwear or Smart Carry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Well brother you opened up my cage again....LOL.

I carry deep concealment for work each and every day (ok well not for a short period now due to injury) but when healthy it is always slacks/jeans and a tucked in shirt. When I work I successfully carry a weapon, two mags, knife, expandable baton and cuffs under my shirt and geting "made" would be very ugly.

There is a post on here that we did before with pictures that covered the topic.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...?t=4810&page=6 (see # 52)
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...?t=7233&page=3 (see #29)

My recommendation is that you take a serious look at the UC Comfort T-shirt holsters. There are mainly three that make them for production and it is by far the best of all three and here is why.

Kramer Confidant: It is a nighmare. It is set up for two guns and must be tailored to make it available to carry an extra mag securely. It comes loose and wears out quickly. The best way to wear a t-shirt holster is tight and the Confidant just dosent do that well.

ABetterHolster.com: Nice shirt, great for someone not needing to carry alot of gear but has two small issues. It has sleves and isnt a V neck. When you order it tell them what is your strong side and your off to the races.

5.11 T-shirt holster: Decent fits well but not as easy to draw from. Other than that I'll say its made to 5.11 standards which is high.

UC Comfort: This guy took advice from those who wear them in the field daily. He listens and makes the changes needed. Its totally ambidextrious, and set up to carry a multitude of gear. If you wash it in cold water and hang it out to dry, will last you years. I have several but can use just one and wash it twice a week. Can be ordered in sleveless version as well as in V neck. PROBLEM: If they dont have your size in stock it will take a while to get it.

The one fortunate thing you have is with western clothing, you can get snap shirts, I occasionally wear Wrangler work shifts that have been starched and they look very nicely.

If you would like any other information, just PM me or ask and I will be happy to answer.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links