Safepacker

This is a discussion on Safepacker within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I first saw the name I thought it was going to be something to help me fit more guns in my safe. Looks like ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Rexster
  • 2 Post By Brad426

Thread: Safepacker

Safepacker

When I first saw the name I thought it was going to be something to help me fit more guns in my safe.

Looks like it could be useful.

Safepacker Concealed Carry Holster, Concealed Weapon Holster

2. Remove Ads

Looks a little high priced for what seems to be little more than a nylon belt pouch.

VIP Member
    "The Safepacker can be carried as a clutch or man's wallet for very low-profile concealed carry in an urban environment."

Uh.......nope.
    Brad426 and DJC7 like this.

1) that thing screams Tactical Timmy AKA mall ninja...... 2) the first person I see with one will be publicly ridiculed for having a murse of any kind 3) what role does it fill? Its not discreet, its not quick to acces, its bulky, and its downright ugly....... Im not feeling it.
    Brad426 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I have been using Safepackers since, well, it seems forever. The construction is quite a bit more substantial than a mere pouch, as they were designed to be tough enough to be used by SAR folks, compatible with backpacks, climbing harnesses, and such. Thanks to today's electronics gadgets, a Safepacker looks like just another tablet case, and, indeed, The Wilderness makes a version sized to hold iPads.

I have walked right past security guards who were posted at the entrances of gun-free zones, in the Houston area, and none have given a Safepacker a second glance. When I have walked into police stations, I think perhaps two police officers, who did not recognize I was a colleague, have noticed the Safepacker for what it was. I would say that a Safepacker looks LESS like a means of concealing a gun, than something like a "fanny" pack, or most vests.

Most of the comments and questions regarding my Safepackers have come from photographers, who think it is part of my photo gear. (I often wear a Safepacker on a belt, along with pouches that hold lenses or flash units, when out and about with a camera.)

Some folks are opposed to off-body carry, and I do not disagree. If a Safepacker is on my belt, it is on my body, as securely as a belt holster, because that is exactly what it is. If I am carrying the Safepacker, other than on a belt, I have another weapon on my person; indeed, it is unusual for me to carry fewer than two guns, anyway, whether one or both are concealed under clothing.
    Snub44 likes this.

I've used a fanny-pack style holster with a smaller revolver. Works very well, assuming the pack holster is a good one, with internal pouches/shape suitable for a sidearm. This seems a larger variant of the concept. Similar utility.

Saw a guy in the gym, the other day, with a simple fanny pack on him, one that was color coordinated to blend in with his workout garb. Was very unobtrusive. It could easily have held a ~7" OAL firearm and spare mags, though it blended in well. He's the first person I have seen with a fanny-pack style bag/holster in awhile, outside of tourist-type venues. It reminded me of what a simple solution it really is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I've used a fanny-pack style holster with a smaller revolver. Works very well, assuming the pack holster is a good one, with internal pouches/shape suitable for a sidearm. This seems a larger variant of the concept. Similar utility.

Saw a guy in the gym, the other day, with a simple fanny pack on him, one that was color coordinated to blend in with his workout garb. Was very unobtrusive. It could easily have held a ~7" OAL firearm and spare mags, though it blended in well. He's the first person I have seen with a fanny-pack style bag/holster in awhile, outside of tourist-type venues. It reminded me of what a simple solution it really is.
    It's a great solution... if your gym is in 1987.
    Taurahe and Stoveman like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

...so you're the murse police???

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    1) that thing screams Tactical Timmy AKA mall ninja...... 2) the first person I see with one will be publicly ridiculed for having a murse of any kind 3) what role does it fill? Its not discreet, its not quick to acces, its bulky, and its downright ugly....... Im not feeling it.

Not at all...
    but this has to be one of the most rediculous things I have seen
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

...I've seen 'em in action...I like 'em...on the belt...haven't seen anyone using them for a catcher's mitt...or a seat-belt gun...they've been around 'bout 40 years so either they're sellin' a lot or their family's gettin' tired of gettin' 'em for Christmas...
    ...the one I've seen was for a Glock(pardon my French) Model 26...looked right neat and businesslike...

Links