Leather IWB Care?

This is a discussion on Leather IWB Care? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some help. I wear a Max Tuck with a G19 daily. I work outside in Florida, so I am constantly hot and sweaty. The ...

Thread: Leather IWB Care?

Leather IWB Care?

Need some help. I wear a Max Tuck with a G19 daily. I work outside in Florida, so I am constantly hot and sweaty. The side of the slide that sits against the leather will develop some "rust" spots if not wiped down daily.

Is there anything I could put on that side of the leather that would limit the amount of moisture transfer? I have some Ballistol, and it says it can be used on leather......

Any help would be welcome!

2. Remove Ads

Saddle soap very little water will protect it an keep it soft

I was wondering about that, but will it harm the finish of the gun?

Nah, I use frog lube on guns and live in fl no T-shirt guns up against me all the time no probs

Administrator

Renaissance Wax - Safe for your firearm AND your leather. This is incredible stuff.
    It will not make you firearm slippery. Buy the smallest size. A little bit goes a long way.
    I use it on all my guns and leather and wood stocks.

RENAISSANCE WAX is used in the following places in the U.S. - The 911 Monument at ground zero, The Smithsonian Institute, Colonial Williamsburg Conservatory, Abraham Lincoln Residence, Vicksburg Military Park and Museum, Henry Ford Museum, Academy of Arts, Metropolitan Museum of Art, NRA Museum, Rockefeller Restorations, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, Hilton Hotels, BYU Museum of Art, National Ornamental Metals Museum, as well as other museums, government agencies, craftsmen, collectors both professional and amateur alike.
    In the United Kingdom it is used in the British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Buckingham Palace, Military Museums at Aldershot, H.M. the Queens Royal Armourer, The National Museum of Antiquities - Scotland, Royal Armories (London & Leeds), The Imperial War Museum, Windsor Castle, and The Tower of London.

RENAISSANCE WAX has appeared on and in the following - "The Martha Stewart" TV show, "CSI Miami" TV show, "New York magazine" ,"The Lapidary Journal", "This Old House" magazine, Better Homes & Gardens "Wood" magazine, The Double Gun Journal, Gun List, 'Blade' magazine, Knives Illustrated, Knifeworld publications, 'Tactical knives' magazine, The Big Show Journal, Ships'n'Scale Magazine, Pool & billiards magazine, as well as many other articles for sportsmen, craftsmen, woodworkers, metalworkers, restorers, conservators and in famous professional reference and restoration publications worldwide! Martha Stewart "Living" magazine, "Real Simple" magazine & various internet forums, various syndicated newspaper articles and 'You-Tube.'

If I wear a print shirt, I'm also wearing a T-shirt, but if I'm just wearing a T-shirt, then I also have a 'wifebeater' T-shirt under the T-shirt...never had sweat problem here in FL.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    The best stuff bar none that I have used since is 1955, used on my logging boots cowboy boots, my Sam Brown duty holster, shoulder holster, leather coats and all my belts and for the leather seats back in the days of my Corvette. I used it today on my Crossbreed and my Blackhawk IWB
    Last edited by shadowwalker; June 26th, 2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to give the name its Pecard

I just finished a coat of Ballistol on holster and boots! The boots will really tell me how it holds up. The sand here sucks them dry in a matter of days.

Links