They looked and saw nothing! Conceal WIN

This is a discussion on They looked and saw nothing! Conceal WIN within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I posted before, I received my CPL about two weeks ago and have been carrying ever sense. I work an a very interesting industry ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By MJClark
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By ShootWell
  • 1 Post By IndianaMike
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By paaiyan

Thread: They looked and saw nothing! Conceal WIN

They looked and saw nothing! Conceal WIN

As I posted before, I received my CPL about two weeks ago and have been carrying ever sense. I work an a very interesting industry where people have a tenancy to get very angry at me. I have been encouraged to get my CPL and to carry while I am working multiple times for my own protection.

Well today while out making rounds, I ran into someone that I know well who lives next door to someone that I needed to talk with. I commented that if they heard screaming, to come save me (as a joke). She commented that she will be right over with her gun... then she commented that she was surprised that I don't carry a gun.

I was in a tighter polo shirt with dress pants... and I carry a M&P Shield in a Crossbreed Holster at 3:30, and it still concealed well enough for someone to actually look for it and not be able to see anything. Even another employee who's husband is a CPL instructor asked if I had any idea when my CPL is going to show up... this was last week and I was wearing my gun at the time.

I know, I am just overly excited and most people will never notice... but it made me feel better because I have extremest liberal neighbors who would not hesitate to call the cops if they saw that I had a gun.
    DJC7, ccw9mm, Kennydale and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    ... I have extremest liberal neighbors who would not hesitate to call the cops if they saw that I had a gun.
    That would last, what? about ONE TIME?!?! If you are legally carrying and especially if you are at your home, let 'em call. It'll make the neighbors look dumb and it'll piss off the cops getting the nuisance calls. If they are cool, maybe they'll even look for something wrong at the neighbor's house to hassle them about. Lesson to be learned ....
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Well done, OP. Concealed does indeed mean concealed.
    FlaRon likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Nice! A CCW win, indeed.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Congrats MJClark! If you've only been carrying for two weeks, I'll guess that you're still in that (natural) phase where you keep psyching yourself out worrying about a bulge or printing that is only visible to you because the pistol feels so conspicuous. Reinforcement of the kind you're getting is very important to finally getting "comfortable" with the whole thing.

I had a similar experience last weekend.... I'm working on updating a review of a holster I use for concealed carry and to make it relatable to the reader, I finally devised what I think might be the ultimate semi-objective concealment test: I went to the Sleep Number store and requested a "stress point analysis". The salesman has you lie down on the bed and spends about 10 minutes telling you about the bed's features as he inflates and deflates it to straighten or curve your spine--all the while staring at your midsection from only about a foot or two away as he "analyzes" your comfort posture to find your sleep number. In my lightest Georgia summer wear (shorts and polo), he never knew I was carrying (IWB appendix carry), and if there was ever a time for my tiny nine to print (a Sig P290RS), that would be it! :)

Also, in related news, I think the wife and I decided to buy a new bed!
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

You're right, 99% of people aren't going to notice.
    southernwi likes this.

VIP Member
    I have been carrying a very short time (middle May) and no one has noticed me carrying family included .
    southernwi likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    That would last, what? about ONE TIME?!?! If you are legally carrying and especially if you are at your home, let 'em call. It'll make the neighbors look dumb and it'll piss off the cops getting the nuisance calls. If they are cool, maybe they'll even look for something wrong at the neighbor's house to hassle them about. Lesson to be learned ....
    I wish it would only be one time, but I live an in very anti-gun city for the next 16 to 18 months and there has been pressure on the police department to follow up on EVERY call. A buddy of mine had the cops called on him because he was cleaning his gun at the kitchen table and the neighbor was able to see in side. The police showed up and verified that it was properly registered. The cop in that situation applogiesed up and town, but explained that the City has been putting a lot of pressure on them.

As it is, the City have a local ordinance that prohibits open carry... even though the State of MI prohibits local governments from regulating how/if a person can carry a gun.

Congrats on concealing well. My boss and I once had a discussion about it. He has his license, but was of the opinion that it's practically impossible to really conceal. I told him I had no such issues and informed him I was carrying right then, two feet away from him. His response was "What, where? That's pretty good."

What's your job, if I might ask?
    MJClark likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Funny you should mention not being "made" while CCing, I had my CC license for a year and had been CCing for a good deal of the time, my darling wife didn't know til one day while I was loading something in the car my shirt rode up a bit and exposed my Glock 27 she hadn't noticed anytime before that. Also when we took our daughter to the Philly zoo for her 25th birthday I was CCing as well, she had said something about CCing to which I said back, "I've been carrying all day". She never noticed.

I wish it would only be one time, but I live an in very anti-gun city for the next 16 to 18 months and there has been pressure on the police department to follow up on EVERY call. A buddy of mine had the cops called on him because he was cleaning his gun at the kitchen table and the neighbor was able to see in side. The police showed up and verified that it was properly registered. The cop in that situation applogiesed up and town, but explained that the City has been putting a lot of pressure on them.

As it is, the City have a local ordinance that prohibits open carry... even though the State of MI prohibits local governments from regulating how/if a person can carry a gun.
    And they actually ask the police to enforce an illegal ordinance? You are correct Michigan municipalities cannot create gun laws that are more restrictive than the state law. It sounds to me like your city is heading for an expensive legal lesson at some point. Since your from the west side of the state I would assume that your either in the largest city on the west side or are very close to the Illinois border and are getting some antigun feelings blowing across the border.

Has your state's Attorney General gotten involved? Here in Seattle, they tried to enact a "no guns in parks" ordinance, and our AG beat the City into submission. It actually caused another county to repeal an ordinance that predated our Preemption law "just in case".
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Links