Got my IWB Holster today!

Got my IWB Holster today!

This is a discussion on Got my IWB Holster today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and the first thing I have to say is WOW!! I am pleased not only with the customer service but the finished project as well. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Got my IWB Holster today!

Talking Got my IWB Holster today!

and the first thing I have to say is WOW!! I am pleased not only with the customer service but the finished project as well. Retention was going to be a concern of mine being a newbie to CC and I was shocked at the fact that I heard and felt my MP40 click into place. Retention seemed to be great with my quick little dry run I did at home during lunch time. I am highly pleased and hope that the satisfaction continues to carry on. After discussing with a couple people and talking to the maker, I decided to go with the Ohio Special from MidWorld Holsters. Its going to be carried at a 2-3 position most likely and it felt great and comfortable. I would even go as far as to say the retention and hold was on par with my Serpa Lv2 minus the actual trigger lock button.

Very pleased with my first holster!!

Disclaimer: The attached photos are in no way an ad of approval from the Marine Corps nor does the Marine Corps have any affiliation to MidWorld Holsters. lol I just happened to still be in cammies when it came in the mail

photo 3.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    QKShooter likes this.

Neat (at first i thought you were left handed-DUH!)
    GSDSchutzhund likes this.

Cross draw?

Thanks for posting a review. Glad you like it

VIP Member
    Buying holsters is almost as much fun as buying guns....

Congrats, looks good.

No haha sorry I'm a righty. Mirror has it reflected. I'll try posting some pictures with street clothes on also but so far thumbs up for me. It's got I'd say 10-15* cant. Only complaint I have is the buttons for attaching it are a little stiff to get snapped but that's 1. Being really nitpicking and 2. Probably just due to new buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    No haha sorry I'm a righty. Mirror has it reflected. I'll try posting some pictures with street clothes on also but so far thumbs up for me. It's got I'd say 10-15* cant. Only complaint I have is the buttons for attaching it are a little stiff to get snapped but that's 1. Being really nitpicking and 2. Probably just due to new buttons.
    Oh... I had to relook at the pics. You have it appendix. Got it.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Here's some more pictures in street clothes
    Even in the house I feel like its constantly showing...

My wife evenmade reference to she didn't know it was this nerve racking to CC

Don't know why the pictures uploaded the way they did

Looks like a great rig. So many people just assume that IWB will be uncomfortable so they don't even try it. But I've found IWB to actually work better than OWB most of the time (for me).
    GSDSchutzhund and MidWorld like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Administrator
    GSDSchutzhund.
    Nice to know that even when you are walking up the wall ~ your gun still stays holstered and in place.

image.jpg
    MidWorld and sioux565 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    GSDSchutzhund.
    Nice to know that even when you are walking up the wall ~ your gun still stays holstered and in place.

image.jpg
    Maybe his real name is peter parker

VIP Member
    It is always great to read another favorable review from a happy user. Just a few thoughts. Mark can give you some suggestions on the Dot snaps to get them to work easier. Unless you specified differently, your holster has a 20-degree forward cant, which might make drawing from the 2:00 position awkward and uncomfortable. The forward cant draws the bottom of the grip forward, helping to eliminate printing, particularly on full-sized guns. It also allows a full grip on the gun when holstered while affording a fairly low ride along the belt line, something many other holsters don't accomplish.

The retention can be more finicky on the M&P holster than on the Glock, a result of more pronounced tension points on the M&P. If you find you have too much retention, Mark or I can help you ease it.

I have holsters for both my full-sized and my compact M&Ps. I actually prefer the feel of the full-sized holster overall, and find that I always use it, even for the compact. Same thing with my Glocks. My 17 holster (the original prototype for the Ohio Special line) is the one I also use for carrying my 19. This big gun holster design is very accommodating and comfortable for the smaller guns.
    MidWorld likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

The snaps will get easier as you use them. One thing that can help is rotating the split ring so that the break is at the top of the snap away from the locking tab. This can be done with a small screw driver or a knife blade.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    nice post about a new holster.....I have yet to see it....which would have been nice....but if you like it..I like it....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

GH
    It looks like that holster does a good job. I'd still like to see it in person before I'd buy one. I'm in the market for one & would like to have it ready to go when my M&P 40C is delivered although I already have a couple of OWB holsters. One of my requirements for an IWB is an adjustable cant as I wear holsters in different positions depending on my clothing.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links