Finally done!

This is a discussion on Finally done! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got around to making my Concealex holster. Iím trying not to put my shoulder out of its socket by patting myself on my ...

Thread: Finally done!

Finally done!

I finally got around to making my Concealex holster. Iím trying not to put my shoulder out of its socket by patting myself on my back too much but I like it. Itís comfortable and fast to draw too.

Concealex is much harder to work with than Kydex I found out. It has to be heated at a higher temperature to make it workable and hardens very fast.

I put a Tek-Loc belt retainer to hold it on which works great. It does hold it further out from your body which makes for a faster draw too. It may be a disadvantage for CCW but Iíve not had any problems. I like less of a rake than many. I made mine around 5-7 degrees. It also prints less than my other OWB. The grip shows less print wise.

For those who know me from other gun forums Iím bragging on all of them so this may be a repeat for ya. Just put up with me and say, ďYes Tony. Looks nice Tony. Okay thatís enough Tony.Ē

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

2. Remove Ads

Nice job.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Yes Tony. Looks nice Tony.

Seriously, I like it. Is that a checkerboard finish or is it a carbon fibre??
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Congrats...

on the new product...looks practical!

Just what is concealex? How did you mold the exact fit? Does the weapon...'click'...into place? (tight fit)

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Concealex is an imitation carbon fiber finish. Concealex is simular to Kydex. It's worked the same as Kydex ie- heating and molding. I hand form it hot to get the right fit. The gun clicks right in.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Links