Inexpensive Holster Suggestions for an M&P Shield?

This is a discussion on Inexpensive Holster Suggestions for an M&P Shield? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FINALLY my wife's Shield 9mm came in yesterday! I never thought this day would come after almost a year on the waiting list it finally ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Inexpensive Holster Suggestions for an M&P Shield?

FINALLY my wife's Shield 9mm came in yesterday! I never thought this day would come after almost a year on the waiting list it finally came in!

So now we're looking for a holster. We currently have the Remora 6-ART w/horsehide leather liner which is used for my M&P 40c but according to Remora's holster fitment chart the 6-ART is the size that fits the Shield. It works out well but seems a little big but will do the job. But now we want to get a nice inexpensive IWB holster for her as well in addition to the Remora. Any suggestions please? We'd like to keep it around $40.

Thanks for the help.

I use an Ozarks Holster Company IWB for my XDs .45. $45, horsehide, lifetime warranty, and great customer service.

Congrats on the Shield, my wife loves hers!

Handmade Hybrid IWB Holsters | Ozarks Holster Company
    Last edited by StatusZero; June 29th, 2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added URL

Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post
    I use an Ozarks Holster Company IWB for my XDs .45. $45, horsehide, lifetime warranty, and great customer service.

Wow that's a great priceand looks to be good quality too! Thanks! I love my CrossBreed SuperTuck w/ Horsehide for my M&P 40c so I really like the fact that they use Horsehide as a standard option! The horsehide is so soft and comfortable.

Some other holsters we were considering were FoxX, Theis, White Hat, and Crossbreed. I've never heard of Ozarks but looks good to me especially at that price point!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Wow that's a great priceand looks to be good quality too! Thanks! I love my CrossBreed SuperTuck w/ Horsehide for my M&P 40c so I really like the fact that they use Horsehide as a standard option! The horsehide is so soft and comfortable.

Some other holsters we were considering were FoxX, Theis, White Hat, and Crossbreed. I've never heard of Ozarks but looks good to me especially at that price point!
    I have a White Hat MaxTuck that I carry my Sig P220 in. Also a great holster but cost me double what the Ozark did. The quality is equal on the two.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2

Galco king-tuk and n82 tactical are good holsters and are inexpensive and good quality.
    BadgerJ and StormRhydr like this.

I'm finding that "inexpensive and good quality" do not necessarily go hand in hand. If I would have taken the money for two or three inexpensive holsters I could have had a quality holster. Now I have 2-3 that I don't use and one I do :(
    Just my .02

I suggest that you watch the following video BEFORE buying anything. There is a very good chance that a holster is not the right way to go for many women.

Dont get me wrong; A holster might be the best way to carry, (I think it is), BUT if your wife wont use it, its probably not the way to go.

How to carry and draw from a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack - YouTube

I've got a crossbreed for my glock 19 and a theis for my shield. I like my crossbreed more, better clips and construction in my opinion.

Foxx hybrid is like 43 dollars shipped
    Kennydale and NickBurkhardt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Foxx hybrid is like 43 dollars shipped
    That's a good deal too. How is the cowhide though as opposed to the horsehide? I've never worn the cowhide leather.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post

What does your wife carry her Shield in?

I am carrying my Shield in an Ozarks Holster Company hybrid right now. It's one of the best values I've found and works great with jeans or khakis.

Like any holster, she needs to wear it for a few weeks and let it conform to her shape before deciding whether it's going to work for her or not.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    What does your wife carry her Shield in?
    Usually her purse.

She has a White Hat minituck but doesn't really want to 'dress around the gun' so it doesn't get much use.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    OK, I don't want so sound lascivious, but 'what is she wearing'. :D

If you give me some ideas, I can tell you what we do. But it depends on the situation. The Shield at 19oz unloaded is very light, but it gets up to about 24-ish loaded with the mag in.

You have to be extra careful if you carry in a purse, because:
    1. It's hard to get the firearm deployed - get one with a holster pocket
    2. If she forgets and leaves it on a chair, in a shopping cart or off her body, it can get lifted. It's extremely easy and -some- women can be a bit cavalier with their handbags.

You can wear loose clothing and still conceal in various ways. I was looking closely at the pistolwear trumpcard for future purchase. It's meant for jogging but is also fantastic (I hear) for underarm carry, pointed downwards.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I have both a Remora and an standard hybrid IWB holster for my Shield.

I got one from Old Faithful Holsters. Had to put it together myself, but it's a good holster for $40. Took about 3 weeks to be delivered.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links