XDs holster company Anyone know these guys..price is right...

This is a discussion on XDs holster company Anyone know these guys..price is right... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If this is a quality made holster..... Anyone got the scoop on these guys.....Sheppard Lealther.... Amazon.com: Conceal Mini- Right Handed, Black, Springfield XDS, .45 w/CT ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: XDs holster company Anyone know these guys..price is right...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

If this is a quality made holster.....

Anyone got the scoop on these guys.....Sheppard Lealther....

Amazon.com: Conceal Mini- Right Handed, Black, Springfield XDS, .45 w/CT CMR-201 Rail Master- Shepherd Leather IWB Holster: Sports & Outdoors
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Looks good from the description. I can only speak of Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths
    It's the only holster I own, was lucky enough to get a lot of votes on them from a question I posted like this. I have no association with them, but great service and A one on personal service. About $55.00. If you like kydex. Take a peak at their products. Can slip it on and off with no problem. Or just remove gun and leave it on belt. Holds extremely close to your body. You must have a proper belt, as with any holster.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    If this is a quality made holster.....

Anyone got the scoop on these guys.....Sheppard Lealther....

Amazon.com: Conceal Mini- Right Handed, Black, Springfield XDS, .45 w/CT CMR-201 Rail Master- Shepherd Leather IWB Holster: Sports & Outdoors
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

VIP Member
    A quality product usually isn't cheap.

For a quality holster with the ability to switch out the kydex to accommodate any of your carry guns get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters White Hat Holsters... gun gear for the GOOD guys!

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

It looks like a decent hybrid holster. I do see a couple of negatives though. The kydex is riveted to the leather which means you cannot replace just the kydex shell if you buy a different gun. More importantly, it has no tension adjustment screws. This means that you are dependent on the molding providing a perfect fit for your gun. As the leather backing stretches (it will), the holster is going to loosen up.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Poor edging and I bet the mag release will be covered. But being a holster nerd and part time maker, I'm picky. I just built one for a XDs and that combat cut will hit the mag release I'm almost certain. With additional price comes additional attention to details. At least it usually does.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Poor edging and I bet the mag release will be covered. But being a holster nerd and part time maker, I'm picky. I just built one for a XDs and that combat cut will hit the mag release I'm almost certain. With additional price comes additional attention to details. At least it usually does.
    Good eyes my man..and now after going back and looking at the zoom pic's I have to agree with you 100%..
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

It is poorly finished, the leather edges are rough, the Kydex edges are not polished at all, and it looks rather poorly thought out. If you are looking for a Hybrid type holster, there are many quality, well designed brands for not a lot more money. SHTF Gear, White hat come to mind.
    Kennydale likes this.

Sponsor
    And if you are interested in full kydex, I have it on good authority that MidWorld Holsters are pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by MidWorld View Post
    It is poorly finished, the leather edges are rough, the Kydex edges are not polished at all, and it looks rather poorly thought out. If you are looking for a Hybrid type holster, there are many quality, well designed brands for not a lot more money. SHTF Gear, White hat come to mind.
    I kinda like mutual admiration societies so......which of your designs fits the xds .45 ...looked at the site but can't determine..thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    And if you are interested in full kydex, I have it on good authority that MidWorld Holsters are pretty good!
    I kinda like mutual admiration societies so......which of your designs fits the xds .45 ...looked at the site is the Ace 1 the one?

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I kinda like mutual admiration societies so......which of your designs fits the xds .45 ...looked at the site but can't determine..thanks.
    Lol
    I can make any of my holsters for that gun.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    dben002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MidWorld View Post
    Lol
    I can make any of my holsters for that gun.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Your holsters look good, but I'm too broke right now. Out of 5 "aiwb" (quoted as advertised), only 1 conceals well. The one that conceals holds the gun so tight it will force the slide back when I holster. I may be looking into your line in the future.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I, too, can speak to Panther Concealment holsters as a great product. I've gotten 2 IWBs and an OWB from them for various pistols, and am awaiting 2 more as well as a sheath for a Perrin Street Bowie. Their quality is top-notch as is their customer service.

Just ordered a 40c to match the FS. Already have the Panther guys on alert for my 2nd. 2 guns, 2 holsters, not to bad. Leaves plenty of room in that useless holster drawer for other stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaikane0812 View Post
    I, too, can speak to Panther Concealment holsters as a great product. I've gotten 2 IWBs and an OWB from them for various pistols, and am awaiting 2 more as well as a sheath for a Perrin Street Bowie. Their quality is top-notch as is their customer service.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Sponsor
    Here is our offering.

Springfield XDs ACE-1 Holster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links