Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level II Kydex Holster..

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level II Kydex Holster.. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was just curious to know what you're opinion's are about this particular holster as I'll be purchasing my Glock 23 Gen 3 soon ...

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level II Kydex Holster..

Question Blackhawk Serpa CQC Level II Kydex Holster..

So I was just curious to know what you're opinion's are about this particular holster as I'll be purchasing my Glock 23 Gen 3 soon & I plan on purchasing this particular holster here BLACKHAWK! SERPA CQC Glock 19, 23, 32, 36 Holster Right Hand Black Matte Finish 410502BK-R it will be for OC when the occasion calls for it of course.

2. Remove Ads

You might also consider bladetech models. They are also modular. So you can buy a on the belt model, turn it into IWB, and further change over to a paddle hoslter, should you wish. Youd need only buy the additional attachments.

Oh how interesting thank you I'll look into the bladethech models. :)

This is (one of) the holster(s) I have for my G23. When I'm not carrying IWB, that's the one I use (left-handed, though, as I'm backwards in general).
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

If you plan to take any training classes I would make sure the instructors allow this holster before I purchased it.

I have a couple of Blackhawks holsters. One is the Serpa which some training classes don't like (front sight only wanted the Blackhawks without the restraint mechanism of the Serpa). I personally prefer the Serpa. You just have to practice drawing till you release the weapon instinctively. I wear them concealed. I just don't tuck in my shirt.

I use a blackhawk for my 1911 and love it.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I use mine mainly for a range holster and not for carry. I think it is a little too bulky to hide under a shirt.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

The SERPA is the holster I open carry in. I will not open carry in anything less than a level II holster and the SERPA is the one I like best. I have 5 of them, one for each gun in my carry rotation. I have never had a single problem or issue with any SERPA. You can be assured, I am a fan of them.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    I have a couple of Blackhawks holsters. One is the Serpa which some training classes don't like (front sight only wanted the Blackhawks without the restraint mechanism of the Serpa). I personally prefer the Serpa. You just have to practice drawing till you release the weapon instinctively. I wear them concealed. I just don't tuck in my shirt.
    I also use the Serpa for an OWB but concealed by un-tucked shirt. I carry an XD40sc with it canted forward which keeps the grip close to my side.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40SCiinNC View Post
    I also use the Serpa for an OWB but concealed by un-tucked shirt. I carry an XD40sc with it canted forward which keeps the grip close to my side.
    +1 - Ya, exactly what he said!
    The darkest places in hell
    are reserved for those who maintain
    their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

I have a Glock SERPA (its made for the 22 but the smaller ones lock in fine) and I think it's fine. However, as others have mentioned, many trainers and ranges forbid the SERPA. Even FLETC, where every Federal LEO except the FBI, DEA, USBP and USPS trains has banned the SERPA after having more than one incident of a trainee shooting himself while reholstering. Personally, I think the issue is operator error and not a design flaw. Another issue is the construction of the holster, it is not Kydex first of all, it's plastic. I can't find it right now, but I saw a picture of a plain clothes LEO's SERPA that was snapped open vertically by a criminal who grabbed onto the grip of his gun during a fight and was yanking so hard on it outward that the body of the holster snapped open. If you want a real good quality OWB Kydex holster, go for Safariland. They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

Links