Perry Shoulder Holster

Perry Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Perry Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the first blog that I have ever used. I have caried a gun for almost every day for the last 28 years. I ...

Thread: Perry Shoulder Holster

Perry Shoulder Holster

This is the first blog that I have ever used. I have caried a gun for almost every day for the last 28 years. I have seen numerous holsters come and go but I have never seen anything as practical as the Perry Shoulder Holster. I am from Decatur, Illinois which is also where Perry Suspenders are made. For those of you that are not familiar with Perry's Suspenders, they are suspenders that attach to the belt with a special plastic "hook". If you search Perry Suspenders on Defensive Carry you will see numerous comments about people wearing Perry Suspenders while carrying concealed weapons. I tried to answer several of these posts, and then it was pointed out to me that posting this would be more efficient. What Perry Suspenders has done is ingenious! They have taken their pattented supenders and added a Serpa Holster to them, creating an awesome shoulder holster. I have been wearing one for quite a while and I am quite impressed. This is truly the next generation of shoulder holsters. It is comfortable, easy to conceal, you can reholster with one hand, it has the weapon retention of a blackhawk Serpa, and it holds up your pants. If you would like to see one simply google "Perry Shoulder Holster". I tried to upload a photo but I didnt have any luck. Let me know what you think. (I have reposted this because I believe I posted it in the wrong forum, sorry! I was trying to post it under "Carry Options")

Added by QKS

Administrator

Thumbs up

"If you would like to see one simply google "Perry Shoulder Holster". I tried to upload a photo but I didn't have any luck."

You're Welcome! (in advance)
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks, you are a lot more computer savy than I am!

VIP Member
    Do they offer anything other than the Serpa? Even though I do own a Serpa I'm in the camp that believes that particular retention device is a negligent discharge waiting to happen. I just cannot condone needing the trigger finger to press anything while drawing a firearm. With this design it takes the Serpa and mounts it so that the weapon is pointed at anyone behind you rather than the more traditional problem of it pointing at the ground. So while you're less likely to shoot yourself than you would be with a belt version of the Serpa it puts everyone behind you at risk. If the thing goes bang while drawing here you're going to be responsible for where that bullet goes. Should it find the chest of an innocent bystander you might as well get used to showering with other men.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I know that they are looking into other types of holsters to go on their shoulder rig platform. They are new to the holster business and they are very receptive to new ideas. You can send them an emails if you log onto their web site. I know that some acadamies have restricted the use of the serpa holster due to accidental discharges on the firing line. I personally have carried a glock 27 in a serpa hip holster for years with no problems. Like most ADs it goes back to training. I would love to see them put the safariland ALS holster on their rig myself. What type of holster would you suggest?

VIP Member
    I don't necessarily suggest anything other than not the Serpa. They can go with the ALS and that would be a great improvement. They could go more traditional and use a leather holster with snap thumb break. They could do lots of things that would make me think this was a spectacular product. The Serpa just doesn't work for me.

We've all seen the videos. I don't tend to trust videos so when I got one of these from my employer I decided to test it out. With an empty gun I've gone through the paces several times. While the striker hasn't ever fallen on my pistol I have ended up with my finger inside the trigger guard and on the trigger on several occasions. I've never had that happen with any other holster design. But with this one when pressing in to activate the release my finger at times, when under time stress, will not go where it should be. Since this isn't my daily holster I haven't spent hours trying to train the problem away. But I have spent a considerable amount of time with it, and I just don't feel it is the safest of items.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I wear Perry Suspenders all the time, have for years now! I wonder how easy it would be to convert one of these rigs to take the Hogue PowerSpeed holsters? Anyone have one of these suspender rigs that can give us a good picture of the mounting plate? I am hoping that a drill and Dremel tool will adapt my holster in a few minutes!

It seems to have great potential, if they offer something besides that Sherpa mess. The holster from the Galco Jackass appears to be a excellent choice. Full trigger cover,multiple barrel length's, and very good thumb brake strap. I hope they are successful. Since I really dislike plastic holsters I'll wait until they have a leather one.

Links