Winthrop Holsters VS. Nightingale Leather VS C-5 Montana Xlt

This is a discussion on Winthrop Holsters VS. Nightingale Leather VS C-5 Montana Xlt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm nearing the end of my holster search. The problem I've encountered with most custom leather makers is delivery time. Now let me make this ...

Thread: Winthrop Holsters VS. Nightingale Leather VS C-5 Montana Xlt

Winthrop Holsters VS. Nightingale Leather VS C-5 Montana Xlt

I'm nearing the end of my holster search. The problem I've encountered with most custom leather makers is delivery time. Now let me make this clear, I understand that holster making is an art and can't be rushed. Also I'm sure that all of the custom leather makers have a lot of orders. I am not mad at that, but I need something to carry the Glock with now. So lead time did play into my decision. That doesn't mean I would not or will not deal with any of these fine people in the future. As a matter of fact I talked to someone at Brigade Leather yesterday. I believe it was Mr Harper himself, great guy. We shoot the same gun and talked guns for about 15 minutes before even talking holsters. I'd buy from him for sure.

That being said ( sorry for the long post), I've been looking at is the Winthrop IWB, Nightingale Raptor, and the C-5 Montana Xlt. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these holsters and can give me opinions. The Winthrop is in stock and can ship today, but only offers a 10 degree FBI can't. I was hoping for 15 to 20 degrees. I'm waiting on information on the other two. I do believe I can get the other two in around 4-6 weeks which is pretty quick considering. I appreciate any advise you can give.

2. Remove Ads

I have purchased 2 Winthorp holsters in the past. My XDs currently rides in a Winthorp OWB pancake and it does what its supposed to do and does it well.

Quote Originally Posted by eipo View Post
    I have purchased 2 Winthorp holsters in the past. My XDs currently rides in a Winthorp OWB pancake and it does what its supposed to do and does it well.
    Thanks for the reply. Winthorp does look like a quality holster. However I called and talked to "Big Jim" at C-5 today. Nice guy and he's willing to work with me on a couple things to make the holster fit my gun better. Even offered to change the cant if I like. Probably going to go that direction. Thanks again for the help.

Links