Wife needs a holster for her Shield...

This is a discussion on Wife needs a holster for her Shield... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my wife a Shield 9mm now we need to get a holster for EDC. She really likes her Remora for her BG380 so we're ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Wife needs a holster for her Shield...

Wife needs a holster for her Shield...

Got my wife a Shield 9mm now we need to get a holster for EDC. She really likes her Remora for her BG380 so we're getting her one for the Shield but she also wants another option. Must be IWB, comfortable, easily conceal the weapon, kydex or hybrid, carry the weight of the Shield well, and preferably inexpensive $50 or under.

A few holsters we've considered so far are...PJ Holsters, Ozarks Holster.Company and Foxx.

Thanks for the help

2. Remove Ads

guitarzNgunz likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Double post. Sorry.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Might try remora, or ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yes we do like the PJ holsters just wondering what cant option is the best? I also like the clip that goes over the belt but is easily taken on and off without threading the belt through but I'm worried it would come off when drawing?
    Last edited by guitarzNgunz; July 9th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

looperlawenforcement.com

I just bought a holster and belt from these folks for the wife it is still in shipping so I can't tell you about the quality etc. The handling of the purchase was spot on.

Bill

I recommend Ozarks Holster Company - quality horsehide hybrid under $50.

You can see pictures of the OHC holster I use with my Shield here: The Official Female Carry Reference Thread
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I highly recommend the Foxx holster. Just got one of my XD service model and I must say, they are quickly becoming my favorite brand. I ordered it on a Friday and I had it Tuesday. The leather is just the right thickness, the kydex is perfectly molded and the retention is fantastic. The best part is, it cost me a grand total of $49.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

New Member Array Tango7tactical's Avatar
    Please have her take a look at www.welldressedguns.com . Unfortunately they are not as inexpensive as some of the others, but I think they are superior holsters the are very comfortable, conceal well, and don't impede your draw. Also turn around times are less than a month, which is faster then many other companies are right now.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373355489.177565.jpg

Check out SHTFGear holsters. Their holsters are top notch all the way around. I have three and they are all fantastic. Quality of materials is excellent, craftsmanship is superb, and turn around time is around two weeks or so..... much faster than anyone else in the market. I cant recommend them enough

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    RockingGlock32 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Just remember, what may be a good holster for you may not work for her. I found this out when trying to get my wife a holster for her shield. Women are built different and come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

My wife is petite, but has some small hips after two children expanded them some. So carrying at the same postion as I do will not work for her. Just like us men do, it usually takes trying a few holsters till they find a good one that is comfortable to them.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Yes that's why she loves her Remora, fully adjustable as far as ride height, position, and cant. We were just hoping to get some suggestions for another option that would be a good set up for the Shield.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I use both a Remora and an Old Faithful holster for my Shield depending on the situation.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    I recommend Ozarks Holster Company - quality horsehide hybrid under $50.

You can see pictures of the OHC holster I use with my Shield here: The Official Female Carry Reference Thread
    May I ask why did you decide to change the clips to the comp-tac standard clips?

SHTF gear ace 1 a few dollars more than what you want to spend but well worth it. They also give discounts for NRA members and some other discounts if you qualify.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links