OWB dbl. mag carriers

OWB dbl. mag carriers

This is a discussion on OWB dbl. mag carriers within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I might like to have an OWB, forward-cant, double mag carrier for single stack .45 mags, ala 1911s. It seems no one makes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GetSmith

Thread: OWB dbl. mag carriers

Distinguished Member

OWB dbl. mag carriers

I think I might like to have an OWB, forward-cant, double mag carrier for single stack .45 mags, ala 1911s. It seems no one makes one. Is there a reason I am not seeing for these to be impractical? Yeah I know 8 rds should be plenty to carry for reload, but you'll never be sorry you had too much ammo. Thanks to all who may care to comment.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

You have to check out Kytex Shooting Gear, by far the BEST mag carrier I've ever had! They are well known with competition shooters, law enforcement, and of course the concealed carry folks. They don't have a forward cant but Brian may be able to make a couple with some cant on them considering he's a custom kydex guy. They are small and don't take up to much real estate, they have the perfect retention and clip on and off the belt very easily. I've seen guys line their whole belt with them at competitions. They make doubles and singles.

https://www.kytexgear.com
    email: Brian@kytexgear.com
    Last edited by guitarzNgunz; July 11th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Sure, there are holster makers who make double mag carriers. I've got a few, though for double-stack and single-stack 9mm.

Check: HBE Specialty Leatherworks; Fist Holsters; Milt Sparks (IPD & D-4C products); Ritchie Leather; among others.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Try TT gunleather. I just got what your looking for along with a few other holsters. All of it was great quality.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i76.html

added by qks
    kahrcarrier likes this.

The kytex carriers are pretty great, though I prefer having two single mag carriers rather than a double-mag carrier. For leather mag carriers I would suggest you go with a pancake style carrier as the type with loops on the back stick out and print a bit too much in my opinion.

One of the best designs I've seen for a leather OWB double carrier is made by Des Biens Gunleather. Most double mag carriers either cant both mags out in a V (rear mag isn't bullets forward, awkward angle to draw rear mag, takes up a lot of space) or have them both vertical/slightly canted forward (rear mag interferes with front mag draw). The DGL dual carrier has the rear mag vertical, and the front mag canted forward, both bullets forward.

If you want a leather carrier, I'd reccomend the DGL, if you want kydex I would suggest two kytex single-mag carriers.

These don't cant, but Blackhawk make a plastic twin mag carrier that is belt loop mounted and is made for both single and double stack mags. Fobus also makes one, I have a paddle mount twin double stack mag (M&P, Glock etc.) that I use a lot at the range, it was like $30 and works just fine for me. It isn't kydex and maybe isn't as snazzy as some of the ones out there but it also costs about half as much and does what I ask of it.

Sponsored Links