Need carry option suggestions for Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Need carry option suggestions for Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought an LCP yesterday, wanting as small and dependable and viable a gun as possible for my daily wear--khakis and tucked-in shirts. Initially, I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Need carry option suggestions for Ruger LCP

Need carry option suggestions for Ruger LCP

I bought an LCP yesterday, wanting as small and dependable and viable a gun as possible for my daily wear--khakis and tucked-in shirts. Initially, I was planning to pocket carry, and may yet do so. However, I'm running out of pockets! I carry an iPhone in one front pocket and my keys and whatever in the other. I could put the iPhone on my belt. I'm not sure I want to carry in a back pocket but am open to it.

What about IWB? With the small size of the LCP, I wonder if I can conceal carry IWB and with the natural puffing out of the tucked in shirt covering the back of the gun/holster.

At any rate, I'm looking for some good options and particular holster suggestions. And if it matters, I'm going to put a Hogue grip on the LCP.

Thanks.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

2. Remove Ads

Wife and I both use holsters made by FoxX Holsters. We have the Little FoxX for micro pistols. Holster is an IWB hybrid holster with single adjustable belt clip. I can wear mine anywhere from 1-4 o'clock positions.

You didn't ask but I carry an extra magazine in a holder made by kytexgear.com. I recommend gear from both these companies.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

The LCP was born and bred to be carried in your pocket.

I use RKBAholsters.com
    StormRhydr and BamaT like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    I think you saw on my other post where I said I carry mine in a Desantis pocket holster and it is in my back pocket so that if someone wants me to give them my wallet, I will give them something alright. But I do carry others besides that one (SR1911 and XDx45) and pepper spray and a few knives.
    Broadus likes this.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

At first I thought pocket carry was the way to go too. Tried it but hated it!

I carry a money clip in my front pocket, so the wallet holster works great for me.

Holster Photo Gallery

I only carry my LCP when I need deep conceal.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I pocket carry with a Blackhawk size 1. You may want to check out pj holster iwb tuckable too. I have the regular iwb with a j hook and it is all day comfortable and he gives a lifetime warranty on his products.

I have a High Noon Hidden Ally coming soon. Don't know much about it, but based on other comments about this holster, it should be nice.

I love the LCP in my pocket, but there are times when my pockets are full and IWB would be nice.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
    but there are times when my pockets are full and IWB would be nice.
    A Sticky Holster or Remora would probably be good in those situations.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I've been using an Aholster for the past few months. It is a great kydex, high riding IWB holster.

IMG_20130711_171202_958.jpg

My summer carry is a LCP, mostly in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster. For times jeans won't work I use a Sneeky Peet. I know many others are going to yell "geek" or " that just screams gun" but trust me no one pays ant attention to it. IMHO it is well worth a look.

I don't pocket carry. If you're wearing a tucked-in shirt, maybe a SmartCarry? Remora works for me, but I only wear T-shirts (I'm old and can get away with constant casual... ). The LCP is so small, I also have good luck with a belly band, but, again, that's only feasible with a non-tucked in shirt, IMO. You should be able to easily hide it almost anywhere: Yeah, that's one small gun!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    If you are just a little overweight (and I am not saying you are as I don't know you) IWB with the LCP probably will not be the optimum carry position. If you are slender it may work ok for you. I found the LCP small enough to carry OWB and conceal under a shirt very easy. Pocket carry is also very easy in the proper holder.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I carry mine in a Desantis pocket holster. I have a crimson trace lazer on my LCP. Just wondering how some of these holsters would work with the crimson trace?

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    I don't pocket carry. If you're wearing a tucked-in shirt, maybe a SmartCarry? Remora works for me, but I only wear T-shirts (I'm old and can get away with constant casual... ). The LCP is so small, I also have good luck with a belly band, but, again, that's only feasible with a non-tucked in shirt, IMO. You should be able to easily hide it almost anywhere: Yeah, that's one small gun!!!
    Or one damn big knife.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links