Just ordered a Remora for the Shield, any experience with the size 5-MPART?

This is a discussion on Just ordered a Remora for the Shield, any experience with the size 5-MPART? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know Remora used to say the 6ART was the correct size for the Shield which I have one for my M&P 40c and it's ...

Thread: Just ordered a Remora for the Shield, any experience with the size 5-MPART?

Just ordered a Remora for the Shield, any experience with the size 5-MPART?

I know Remora used to say the 6ART was the correct size for the Shield which I have one for my M&P 40c and it's clearly to big for it, the Shield is swimming in it. But since then I've noticed today when I placed my order they now make one specific for the Shield the 5-MPART which is what I ordered with the Sweat Shield. I know others have stated issues with the 6-ART in the past not fitting the Shield very well and several stated it had problems with the mag release being pressed inadvertently. Just wondering if any of you know if the 5-MPART works well with the Shield and resolved all issues the 6ART had regarding the Shield. If you have this holster are you overall happy with your purchase?

2. Remove Ads

I havent tried that one yet, I have a 6ART, and yes, it was a little big. The old 5ART was way too tight, so I got a N82 for it and have been pretty happy with it. That being said, I just got a Remora Micro for my Shield and its a great summer holster to wear with a T-Shirt.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

I have the 4 ARY for my LC9 and love it! Quality holster and great customer service.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Bump

Looking at the specs the 6art is 3.4" and the 5mpart is 3.1". Not a huge difference.
    I already have a 6art I am going to try for a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawatch View Post
    Looking at the specs the 6art is 3.4" and the 5mpart is 3.1". Not a huge difference.
    I already have a 6art I am going to try for a shield.
    When I had my Shield, I also had a 6ART from my Glock 27. The 6ART is too big for the Shield. Trust me!

The Mrs. has a 6ART for her Shield, hers fits quite nicely.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2

I received my #5--MPART with partial Sweat Shield and it fits like a glove. Here is a video review.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68P...e_gdata_player
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Links