Gote Gear Urban Carry IWB Holster

This is a discussion on Gote Gear Urban Carry IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Haven't heard anything about these holsters on the forum, so I decided to make a post about it. I bought one on eBay for $14 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By attrapereves

Thread: Gote Gear Urban Carry IWB Holster

Haven't heard anything about these holsters on the forum, so I decided to make a post about it. I bought one on eBay for $14 + shipping. I have several pistols which aren't compatible with most hybrid IWB holsters out there. It's a shame that most holster makers don't make holsters for unpopular guns. Specifically, I was looking for a winter IWB holster for my Grand Power MK7. The frame is similar in size to a Springfield XD, so I ordered the XD size holster. It seems to fit most semi-autos well. My 9mm Glocks fit fine, but the 45 and 10mm are tight.

The holster comes in a nice mesh bag. I will probably start using the bag for range brass. The clips on the holster are very well built. They are about the same quality as most hybrid IWB holster metal clips. They are also adjustable. I only wish there was a way to adjust the cant angle of the entire holster. I wore the holster for the first time today. Out of the box, the holster is very tight (similar to leather holsters), but seems to loosen up after some time. It's a comfortable holster, but not as comfortable as my hybrid IWB. The slightly less comfort is due to the back of the holster; you can somewhat feel the outline of the gun. However, I'm sure it will become more comfortable with time. I'd say the only negative is that you are unable to unholster and reholster with this holster as it's prone to collapse.

If you have a weird pistol with limited holster options or are looking for a cheap, but great quality IWB, I'd highly recommend this holster. For $14 and made in the USA, it's a nice concealed carry option.

Here's another review I found (maybe the only review I found online): GOTE Gear Urban Carry IWB Holster | Gun Dog Arms

Gote Gear | Urban Carry IWB

Gote Gear | Urban comfort High Back IWB Holster
    Kennydale likes this.

Well who knew ---many thanks always looking for inexpensive holsters that work.

I don't know about the holster but I have a Gote Gear double mag holster that's just like that. I personally hated it, wore it once and tossed it in a drawer. The material is very scratchy against the skin and uncomfortable. I don't like the retention of the mags (way to hard to pull the mag, impossible to get back in when you're wearing the carrier- it collapses). The holster looks like it would have all the same flaws, and there's nothing to hold the holster open once the gun is drawn. They're quite cheap and would probably work in a pinch but you get a "real" holster for about $50 more.

Having a quality sidearm in a bad holster is like buying a brand new Ferrari and outfitting it with four bald snow tires.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

GOTE Holster

I hate to hear someone hated a holster we made - sorry for your poor experience with our product. We can offer a few tips to make the holster more user friendly, mainly that a small amount of heat (hair dryer or heat gun) applied to the holster with the gun inserted should mold the thermoplastic a bit more, allowing for smoother exit and insertion. These pieces were designed to be lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking to protect both the skin and be anti-microbial.

If you bought the holster direct from GOTE, PM me and I can arrange for a no hassle return.

The front site can grab the material on draw. It's a $14 dollar holster.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTEGear View Post
    I hate to hear someone hated a holster we made - sorry for your poor experience with our product. We can offer a few tips to make the holster more user friendly, mainly that a small amount of heat (hair dryer or heat gun) applied to the holster with the gun inserted should mold the thermoplastic a bit more, allowing for smoother exit and insertion. These pieces were designed to be lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking to protect both the skin and be anti-microbial.

If you bought the holster direct from GOTE, PM me and I can arrange for a no hassle return.
    If this is aimed at me, that's kind of you to offer but I didn't buy it direct. And it's not your fault that I didn't like it. That's the reason most of us CCW types have a drawer of holsters and stuff. Not everything works for everyone. I didn't mean to "knock" the product; it's well constructed but it doesn't work for me at all.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links