The infamous box o' unused holsters...what's in yours!!!

This is a discussion on The infamous box o' unused holsters...what's in yours!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everyone has warned me of those holster purchases that for one reason or another just don't work out and you end up tossing that holster ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The infamous box o' unused holsters...what's in yours!!!

The infamous box o' unused holsters...what's in yours!!!

Everyone has warned me of those holster purchases that for one reason or another just don't work out and you end up tossing that holster into a box of unused holsters. I've been fortunate enough to only have two holsters end up in the unused box. A Galco Stinger for the wife's BG380, great holster but just didn't work for her. And a custom kydex pancake holster by ArmedCivilian556 it had way to much retention for my preference.

My current fav EDC holster is my trusty Crossbreed Supertuck with Horsehide Leather.

What is in your box o' holsters and why didn't they work out?

What is your current favorite EDC holster?
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

2. Remove Ads

A lot of nylon and hook and loop tape stuff. In my this is what I carry it is all leather. A Safariland Paddle with FBI Cant for my G-19.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

My favorite holster is a Galco Concealable OWB. I have one for every pistol I own. Stuff that didn't work was a nylon IWB with a pouch for an extra magazine in front and a leather holster from an outfit in Florida that claimed you could use it as a small of back holster or just slide it around your belt and make it a cross draw.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Everyone has warned me of those holster purchases that for one reason or another just don't work out and you end up tossing that holster into a box of unused holsters. I've been fortunate enough to only have two holsters end up in the unused box. A Galco Stinger for the wife's BG380, great holster but just didn't work for her. And a custom kydex pancake holster by ArmedCivilian556 it had way to much retention for my preference.

My current fav EDC holster is my trusty Crossbreed Supertuck with Horsehide Leather.

What is in your box o' holsters and why didn't they work out?

What is your current favorite EDC holster?
    Kydex holster retention is fairly easy to relax. My holster box is well represented by various makers, models, designs and materials. Ultimately, I wound up with two I like, and wear exclusively. This one: The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    and this one:
    Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

A Galco sumer comfort, (GREAT Holster), and a blade tech IWB.

The galco is a great holster, but I dont like IWB. The blade tech simply HURTS. They changed the design since this torture device.

About every year or two, I take a box of slightly used holsters and magazine carriers to the LGS for a credit on future purchases.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I think if I were to ever get all of them together and sell them, I could pay off the national debt of some small, 3rd world nation. I have a scary number of "they didn't work out" holsters......
    sioux565 likes this.

I got very lucky and discovered Garrett Industries before my holster drawer was full! I guess the "near misses" that I don't carry much are few but I do have some. The Theis hybrid is a fine rig but doesn't suit my body shape very well (round is a shape, right?). I have a couple cheap AceCase holsters that are okay for what they are but extra now that I have purpose-built gun-specific holsters.

My Galco Miami Classic is kind of "in the drawer". It's a very good rig for what it is but I have very little use for a should rig anymore. Plus it's made for my BHP which doesn't get carried right now (gotta have some work done to it to get it running right again after an ammo related mishap). Overall I don't think a shoulder rig is all that useful for most people, myself included. Good for days when you're gonna be getting in and out of the car a lot.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    One.

A cheap nylon universal holster.

First one I ever got and the first to be retired/demoted/will trade for a future draft pick or cash...
    Phaedrus likes this.

I have a lot IWB holsters. I have to admit, I can't stand wearing them. I know there are many of you who like them, but I don't get it. I went to OWB and that stopped the superfluous expenditures on holster I can't wear.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

My EDC Holster for every EDC I own is the same. A Brommeland Def-Con.

Milt sparks summer special, mitch rosen clipper, hayesleather OWB

Had 3-4 holsters (IWBs and a Blackhawk Serpa) for the XD. Didn't love any of them. Started working with leather and made an OWB. It was instantly the most comfortable and quickly became my EDC holster. Being my first one, its a ittle rough around the edges, but I can't part with it. Its built very strong. I made a Diamondback Rattlesnake skin inlayed holster for when I need to get dressed up.
    I've made several for friends and family - make great gifts.

I'll have a hard time buying another holster for any gun.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

A bunch of Fist holsters for my old Kimbers...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm happy to say....NOTHING....is in my box o' duds. But that's only because I lugged it to a swap meet about three weeks ago and palmed them all off for about $2 each. It gave me enough to buy a new rig for my latest acquisition, a 4" S&W 65.

Now I can start on ANOTHER box of holsters I don't use. Shouldn't take too long.........
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links