Armourbelts.com (Mike Bissel) Belt review

This is a discussion on Armourbelts.com (Mike Bissel) Belt review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know you guys have heard how great these belts are, and I wanted to put in my 2 cents on the matter. Please keep ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By floggindave

Thread: Armourbelts.com (Mike Bissel) Belt review

Talking Armourbelts.com (Mike Bissel) Belt review

I know you guys have heard how great these belts are, and I wanted to put in my 2 cents on the matter. Please keep in mind that I have not owned a Gun belt before, so these are my impressions, as they apply to that limited knowledge.

I ordered the belt from Mike on Friday, July 12th at around 9am. The belt is 1.5" wide and comes in black, tan, brown or mahogany. Your thread options are black, white and brown. I chose black, with black threads. You may chose from 5 or 7 holes. I picked 7. There are 10 buckles to chose from as well, of which I picked an Antiqued Nickel with a large heel, the largest of the buckles. I have been very impressed with the belt thus far.

1. color: The belt is dyed black, and the color is uniformly deep black, with no cloudy or light spots. The Black threading matches the belt very well and doesn't stick out.

2. finish: The edges of the belt are smooth and the threads are tight. None of the threads are frayed or broken. There are no indentions in the leather. All of the holes for the buckle are uniform in distance from one another.

3. Buckle: I called Mike and asked him about the buckle, doubting my choice, due to it's size. He emailed me back from his shop that evening with pictures of the buckle on another belt he had done and answered my questions very well. He suggested that I would like the buckle very much, and I do. It does not feel cheap. It has a good weight and finish. Mike was kind enough to write a note on my receipt to let him know if I decided i'd prefer a different buckle.

4. Thickness/comfort: The belt is 1/4" thick, by my measurements. It is very stiff, but not inflexible. I followed his guide on the website for measurements and it came out the perfect length. I was wondering how the front would feel, where the leather folds over the buckle, but even at double the thickness (now 1/2") it was very comfortable and didn't stick out oddly. I wore the belt for the 3 hours I was out and about today, sitting in the car and dealing with kids and the thickness never bothered me. The belt is perfectly comfortable, and I haven't had it long enough to break it in at all.

5. Service: Mike was on the ball about everything. Having not owned a gun belt before, I bugged the man more than once with some rather novice questions. He was exceptionally polite and informative and genuinely seemed happy to help. Very nice guy. I recieved my belt on the 15th in the mail, only 3 days after placing the order. I am on the other side of the states from him, so I was expecting it to take longer.

6. Price: The belt was 65 dollars shipped to my door. I am highly considering purchasing another soon, just to have another color. He also may have new products coming soon, as suggested on his facebook page.

In summary, the belt is amazing. I would think I would be hard pressed to by a better belt at twice or even three times the cost. I am exceptionally pleased with the product and would whole-heartedly recommend buying a belt from Mike. He puts out an great effort for his product and customers.

p.s. sorry for the length or redundancy. This is my first belt and first review of a product, go easy on me

edit: it's worth mentioning that I carry an XDM 3.8 .40, full size. There was no downward pull on the belt, even with 16rds of 180gr .40 in it.
    skatalite likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Jerry and now Mike make the best gun belt available. I have sent many buyers there and all have been amazed. I've tried all the well-known makers over the past 15+ years and these are clearly superior. I only wish they were in business when we still had the store. I would have stocked these and made a small fortune.

I agree completely. Mike makes an exceptional belt. I love mine!!

I plan on trying one pretty soon, too. I'm happy with what I have but I think Mike's belt is in another league.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links