1911 Holster

1911 Holster

This is a discussion on 1911 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recommendations for a oc or cc holster for a commander size 1911....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1911 Holster

1911 Holster

Recommendations for a oc or cc holster for a commander size 1911.

Distinguished Member
    Certainly would help to know a little more.

IWB or OWB?
    If IWB, does it need to be tuckable?
    What method of attachment (clip, loop, paddle, etc)?
    Do you have a preference between leather and kydex?
    Do you want any form of active retention?
    Very important: What's your budget?

That said, I EDC a 5" 1911 in a Striker from UBG. Great holster, and Nate does top notch work at a very reasonable price with a comparatively short lead time.

I like the Axiom by Milt Sparks.

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have been carrying a commander size for a year or so in a OWB Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (it does convert to IWB). It is a great holster. I recently picked up a DM Bullard Bodyguard, it is excellent and it has a greater degree of cant which seems to hold it closer to my body.

I wish I had known that Red Nichols (a contributor here and all around holster guru) was going to be making holsters again, check out his stuff at High Noon Holster which is carrying them. They are works of art. One of his shoulder holsters is on my big want list.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I would like ideas for both iwb also owb. And it doesn't have to be tuck able. If it is owb I would like it to fit close to my body to be mor concealable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator
    There are so many great holster makers these days. Many more than ever before. Right now I am carrying a 1911 in a wonderful holster by Mr. Red Nichols.

Before that in a Milt Sparks. Both are excellent rigs.

I really do like this one by RED though since not only is it a masterpiece of the holster makers craft but, that he made it to my exact specs and then added some beautiful ostrich leg exotic trim which was quite unexpected.
    Rock and Glock and Aceoky like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My buddy uses Crossbreed for his 1911

Also, do you want it soon, or are you willing to wait close to a year or more?

I'm pretty impatient, so I don't have any of the really nice custom or semi custom leather holsters that are out there. But for those willing to wait, there are lots of nice options - some already listed.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Bullard is a 20 week wait, but I just checked their in stock and they have several for a commander size 1911. No wait.

Call Rocky at Pure Kustom, he always has some in stock again no wait.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Administrator
    UBG and Pure Kustom are two other great makers. The rare and elusive Matt Del Fatti when he can finally begin to take orders again.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Exodus Gunleather. I have one for a government length 1911 and commander length. Fantastic rigs. Got the belt from them as well.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe in the horsehide . Distributes the weight of my full size . Plus if you want its tuckable . Got mine off E-bay , no wait time . Also check crossbeeds used section , great prices .
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

Ozark Holster Company. Very comfortable. Very concealable. Dustin will make one for you and ship it to you within a couple of weeks. And at $45, the price is hard to beat.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by coondogger View Post
    Ozark Holster Company. Very comfortable. Very concealable. Dustin will make one for you and ship it to you within a couple of weeks. And at $45, the price is hard to beat.
    +1 I carry a full size IWB daily in one of his holsters - great product and horsehide .

This one came back a couple days ago because the customer thought it was a bit too wide. I do this on the side. The full size blue gun is poking out a bit since it's for a Commander. This one is ready to go but I do have it cross posted on a local board too. PM me if you are interested and I can get you the details.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links