LH SOB holster for P238

This is a discussion on LH SOB holster for P238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good left-handed small-of-back holster for a Sig P238. I'm curvy (female) so I have no luck with most traditional options as ...

Thread: LH SOB holster for P238

LH SOB holster for P238

I'm looking for a good left-handed small-of-back holster for a Sig P238. I'm curvy (female) so I have no luck with most traditional options as the gun butt digs painfully into my side. Alas, I am having difficulty finding SOB holsters for this gun, which surprises me as it's a popular one. (It fits my tiny hands perfectly!).

Can anyone recommend a good holster of this type? Failing that I can also try dropped offset, but either I can't find a P238 holster or they're RH only.
    Last edited by Buran; July 17th, 2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Improved description of what I'm after

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    When you say SOB carry, do you mean a palm in or palm out draw?
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Palm out is more comfortable, but palm in is an option if I can't find any of that type.

Uh, not telling you your business, but I carried SOB for awhile.

And it sucked.

When you sit, your shirt rides up, so when you stand it catches on the gun. There you go down the sidewalk with your gun on display. Everybody sees it but you. And speaking of sitting, it is a royal pain the the, well, you get it. Literally. The gun will dig into your spine. You pretty much have to take it off to drive. And if you have to draw, all a guy has to do is grab your elbow and you're outta business.

If you must carry that way, then that's how it is. I don't know if Galco's SOB is offered LH. I think High Noon could make you one, but it will be expensive, as custom holsters tend to be. Alessi might offer them, and I'm not sure about TT Gunleather, or Skip Ritchie. UBG may also offer them.
    I'm pretty sure Milt Sparks doesn't build a SOB holster, but believe that Mitch Rosen does.

But I do know that Kramer Leather offers holsters specifically for women, something to do with the differences in torso length and the ribcage. May want to look them up.

Or try appendix carry.

Hmm, I'll have to look into some of those. My problem is that I'm curvier than a lot of women, both in body shape and the fact that I'm not exactly slim (but not awful-looking either). I know SOB isn't the best option, but I'm pretty limited. :( I wear a tucked in t-shirt and would wear a light jacket over it to hide the gun.

What dropped offset options might there be? I have a pretty high waistline and when I wear a light jacket it easily covers the spot where a dropped holster would go on me. I've looked into a few, but mostly been tripped up by the lack of leftie options for those.

I'll look into TT and Mitch Rosen first since I've heard good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    My problem is that I'm curvier than a lot of women, both in body shape and the fact that I'm not exactly slim (but not awful-looking either).
    Already I like you.

One of the best SOBs is the one that Elite Systems, nee Assault Systems, puts out. Their size 2 will fit your pistol; it's available in left hand. Don't let the apparent fabric construction fool you; it's highly engineered (by yours truly) to do everything a leather holster will do -- and more. Tell them Red Nichols sent you, ask for the CurvyLady discount; 100% money-back guarantee under this program.

Here's the link:

http://www.elitesurvival.com/conceal...-back-holster/
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    Holster designer-maker since 1958

An invention is an accident that has been waiting to happen.

Palm out is how most actors who don't know what they're doing do when they SOB. They also usually do it without a holster. It really shocks me (or doesn't) how often you see this in both real life and in the media.

Palm in (like above post) is surely the way to go if you have to SOB. More ergonomic draw and you don't drag your sights and hammer along your possibly snaggable clothing, nor do you have to turn your wrist as you come across your side. The grip facing your center line also hides easier with the deep cant configuration. And you only need to get your thumb in between your body and the pistol to draw, as opposed to all four of your fingers which could be an issue if the grip is tight against your back.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Mr. Nichols,

I've emailed inquiring about the Curvy Lady program with no response yet. Was the sales address on the site the wrong place to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    Mr. Nichols,

I've emailed inquiring about the Curvy Lady program with no response yet. Was the sales address on the site the wrong place to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Please call me Red -- although you may want to call me something else when you discover that it was my Australian sense of humour that led me to post about that particular, um, 'discount'.

Mea culpa. Let me make it up to you -- I'll send you one of my new Recurve belts, free of charge. The new design, in field testing in various forms for about a decade, will be called Chain Lightning when High Noon introduces it to my range.

PM me a waist size, and colour preference. Sorry! I thought you'd see through my feeble attempt at humour
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Boy, Red, are you ever in trouble!
    Certified Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
    Boy, Red, are you ever in trouble!
    Yes, "dangerous curves ahead"!

I do have my compensating qualities though; your new shoulder holster set is complete and in the mail to High Noon:

64131 (1).jpg64131 (2).jpg64131 (3).jpg64131 (4).jpg64131 (5).jpg

Genuine saltwater croc trims throughout, as requested, complete with CITES authority for this leather. All complemented by the usual (for my current work) Australian cowhide, kangaroo and emu leathers.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Buran, you see Red's mastery of the art and science of holster making here. I would, and do, trust him implicitly. You couldn't do better. Take him up on the belt offer and use it with the holster he recommended.
    Certified Infidel

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    This is a good read:
    Side Guard Holsters - Holsters Designed for Women

I carry my CZ and a 1911 in Side Guard holsters. Using those thoughts, you can shop here as well:

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Links