Theis OWB holster for Glock 26 + Crimson Trace Laserguard

Theis OWB holster for Glock 26 + Crimson Trace Laserguard

This is a discussion on Theis OWB holster for Glock 26 + Crimson Trace Laserguard within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a Theis OWB holster for my Glock 26 with Crimson Trace Laserguard recently. Price was reasonable, and the holster arrived fairly quickly. The quality ...

Thread: Theis OWB holster for Glock 26 + Crimson Trace Laserguard

Thumbs up Theis OWB holster for Glock 26 + Crimson Trace Laserguard

Got a Theis OWB holster for my Glock 26 with Crimson Trace Laserguard recently. Price was reasonable, and the holster arrived fairly quickly. The quality seems very good, and I like that the top of the kydex is beveled so that holstering is easier - it helps guide the gun in. Little details like that are nice!

The holster does creak a bit, and the paperwork that came with it warns about this, along with some suggested remedies. I'm going to wear it a bit more to break it in before resorting to them.

There are not too many OWB choices out there for a Glock with the CT Laserguard attached - so if you are looking for one, give these folks a try. They are forum sponsors as well.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Curious what the remedies are because I've had my CrossBreed SuperTuck for about 6 months now and I wear it everyday and it still creaks, I was hoping it would go away on it's own by now.

Also can you post pics please? That sounds like a sweet setup!!!
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

You can use baby powder between the kydex and the leather, or a leather conditioner.

This is their website, scroll to the bottom for the holster pic

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters
    CT Lasers

If it's horsehide, it's the hide that squeaks. All the qualities that they talk about with horsehide are also the reason it squeaks. Denser, tougher, tighter grain. Leather squeaks too, but IMO horse squeaks more. The belt/holster combination can add to it. Mine leather-kydex hybrid did not squeak on a nylon belt. Same holster started squeaking some when I went to a leather gun belt.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Mine is cow hide (mooo!). I'm pretty sure the squeaking is between the leather and the kydex, but thanks for the heads-up...my belt is a leather gun belt from The Beltman.
    CT Lasers

Try candle wax or baby powder where the belt hits the holster too. If it's between the kydex and leather, not much you can do. Don't condition it. You don't want a soft holster.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Mine is a CrossBreed Horsehide and I carry on a leather Galco SB3 belt. Not sure where it creaks sounds like the whole thing.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Just ordered another one for my LCR. I'm thinking that with the rounded contours on the back, the revolver will disappear on those occasions where I can go untucked.
    CT Lasers

Just got the holster for my LCR in. Very nice. With the rounded countours and light weight, this combo disappears and is very comfortable on the hip. Have a feeling this is going to be my new weekend carry primary setup. I'm feeling the wheelgun love...
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I have one of his single clip holsters in horsehide and carry AIWB. I've had it since April, wear it everyday, and it still squeaks a little. I've never done anything to it in the way of powder or conditioner. The squeak isn't very loud and noticeable. The only time I actually hear it is when I'm sitting and lean forward.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Sponsored Links