Just Ordered My G-Code Incog Holster...

Just Ordered My G-Code Incog Holster...

This is a discussion on Just Ordered My G-Code Incog Holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...For my Glock 19. I'm pretty excited! It's really too bad that holsters take so long to make. I've been checking out this holster for ...

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Just Ordered My G-Code Incog Holster...

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,496

    Just Ordered My G-Code Incog Holster...

    ...For my Glock 19. I'm pretty excited! It's really too bad that holsters take so long to make. I've been checking out this holster for a while. I haven't heard anything bad about it but definitely a lot of good. I hope all the hype is for good reason. Something that I really liked about this holster is that you can (apparently) use it in multiple positions, cants, etc. Hopefully that is the case and I'll be able to switch between AIWB and 4/5 o'clock carry as needed.

    I ordered the mag caddy with it as well. I'm not sure how often I'll use it, since it seems that it's really only good when used in the AIWB position, but we'll see. I figured it was best to try it out instead of not having it at all.

    Anybody else out there have the Incog? Any thoughts on it?


    And in case anybody asks, yes: the fact that Travis Haley had input with this holster did factor into my decision. It's hard not to. I mean, come on. It's Travis Haley.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    S.W. VA
    Posts
    2,065
    We went into quite a bit of detail about the INCOG in Christopher67's thread "Have you tried this IWB" on the second page in this section. He sold his rather quickly. I am still fiddling with mine. The Mag Caddy was removed right away, it was not the best design and took up too much real-estate. I use a Dale Fricke Horizontal Carrier and much prefer it.

    I am not at all happy with the belt clips on the INCOG, they will release and allow the holster to ride up when seated, when I stand the holster is much too high and unsecured. I have to push the holster back down and re-secure the clips to my belt; this kills my gray man persona and leaves no doubt I am carrying a gun to those that observe this fiasco. I have been looking around for one way snap loops and will replace the clips with those when I find a set that will work. The design, while an innovative idea just does not work. They are much too flex able to push the gun in close to your body as they were designed. The fact that they release from the belt make them a complete failure.

    I also removed the clip on the trailing edge and only use the leading edge clip, for AIWB this works much better and allows a little bit of flex while bending/squatting. Besides the clip issues I like the actual holster, but think there are better AIWB designs out there. The INCOG does do alternate positions well, but I have been carrying AIWB for a few years and don't need the flexibility of being able to carry at any other position. I hope you like yours though, it is a pretty nifty design with quite a bit of flexibility with different carry positions. G-Code exceeded the wait time quite a bit as well. I think it was going on close to eight weeks before mine arrived.

    If I can answer any questions or give advice please ask.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    We went into quite a bit of detail about the INCOG in Christopher67's thread "Have you tried this IWB" on the second page in this section. He sold his rather quickly. I am still fiddling with mine. The Mag Caddy was removed right away, it was not the best design and took up too much real-estate. I use a Dale Fricke Horizontal Carrier and much prefer it.

    I am not at all happy with the belt clips on the INCOG, they will release and allow the holster to ride up when seated, when I stand the holster is much too high and unsecured. I have to push the holster back down and re-secure the clips to my belt; this kills my gray man persona and leaves no doubt I am carrying a gun to those that observe this fiasco. I have been looking around for one way snap loops and will replace the clips with those when I find a set that will work. The design, while an innovative idea just does not work. They are much too flex able to push the gun in close to your body as they were designed. The fact that they release from the belt make them a complete failure.

    I also removed the clip on the trailing edge and only use the leading edge clip, for AIWB this works much better and allows a little bit of flex while bending/squatting. Besides the clip issues I like the actual holster, but think there are better AIWB designs out there. The INCOG does do alternate positions well, but I have been carrying AIWB for a few years and don't need the flexibility of being able to carry at any other position. I hope you like yours though, it is a pretty nifty design with quite a bit of flexibility with different carry positions. G-Code exceeded the wait time quite a bit as well. I think it was going on close to eight weeks before mine arrived.

    If I can answer any questions or give advice please ask.
    Do you mind if I ask about your body type? Holsters often affect people differently based on this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,496
    Thanks for pointing me towards that thread. Can't believe I missed that.

    Seems to overall be well reviewed. It's funny, I think your comment is probably the most negative I've heard yet!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  5. #5
    Member Array WashingtonCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    33
    I'm wondering about their single mag holders. I'm trying to decide between G-Code and Kytex.
    www.ZachsGunBelts.com
    Custom - Handcrafted - Made in the USA

  6. #6
    Member Array kal0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    120
    I got the Incog holster for the G19 about a month ago (the one with the extra hole for deep conceal option)... and I exclusively use it for AIWB (no mag pouch for me).
    I really like it... I haven't experienced Matthew's issue with the clips but again just a month or so of using it...

    One thing I really like is how close it keeps the pistol to your body and overall holster quality feels great.

    It took a long time I don't remember probably 6-8 weeks

    But right now for me .. middle of the summer for my G19 this is the way to go...

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    S.W. VA
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Do you mind if I ask about your body type? Holsters often affect people differently based on this.
    Sure, I'm 6'2" ~ 250#. Don't get me wrong, I like the holster; the attachment clips are the problem for me. It does conceal well and is fairly comfortable. I also own other AIWB rigs, (Dale Fricke Archangel, Garrett Industries Slim AIWB).

  8. #8
    Member Array akahrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    67
    The mold of the holster to the gun is fantastic, way better than comparable kydex only molds. Retention is great. The kydex is thick, and this doesn't seem like it would be a big deal because it's kydex but it does add to what you are trying to hide, it's beefy for sure. Appendix carry always requires a certain physical size and with this holster and mag holder that was even more so. I felt it had a tendency to tip out a bit even with the longer clips (3.8xdm). I have not had trouble with the clips, I like the easy on easy off aspect of them but the "tilt into your body" basically ends up wearing itself out. It's a nice holster but I haven't play around with trying to cant it or anything else. I wouldn't recomend it to a smaller person because it's so beefy. Also, it's going to take a long time for you to receive it so be patient.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    ...For my Glock 19. I'm pretty excited! It's really too bad that holsters take so long to make. I've been checking out this holster for a while. I haven't heard anything bad about it but definitely a lot of good. I hope all the hype is for good reason. Something that I really liked about this holster is that you can (apparently) use it in multiple positions, cants, etc. Hopefully that is the case and I'll be able to switch between AIWB and 4/5 o'clock carry as needed.

    I ordered the mag caddy with it as well. I'm not sure how often I'll use it, since it seems that it's really only good when used in the AIWB position, but we'll see. I figured it was best to try it out instead of not having it at all.

    Anybody else out there have the Incog? Any thoughts on it?


    And in case anybody asks, yes: the fact that Travis Haley had input with this holster did factor into my decision. It's hard not to. I mean, come on. It's Travis Haley.


    Heres my thread with a couple of pictures, page 5 post #64: Have you tried this IWB?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array tmoore912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Coast of Georgia
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    The mold of the holster to the gun is fantastic, way better than comparable kydex only molds. Retention is great. The kydex is thick, and this doesn't seem like it would be a big deal because it's kydex but it does add to what you are trying to hide, it's beefy for sure. Appendix carry always requires a certain physical size and with this holster and mag holder that was even more so. I felt it had a tendency to tip out a bit even with the longer clips (3.8xdm). I have not had trouble with the clips, I like the easy on easy off aspect of them but the "tilt into your body" basically ends up wearing itself out. It's a nice holster but I haven't play around with trying to cant it or anything else. I wouldn't recomend it to a smaller person because it's so beefy. Also, it's going to take a long time for you to receive it so be patient.
    akahrt,

    You can try adding some 3M Self Adhesive Hook & Loop Velcro to the underside/bottom area of your holster, and then add foam wedges to tilt the top of the gun's slide into your stomach area. This aids in concealment, but also in comfort IMO. Another advantage is it pushes the angle of the holster away from your body and can facilitate a safer re-holster. I get my foam from a arts and crafts store in town.

    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array pittypat21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,496
    Well, my INCOG has arrived. 6 weeks to the day from the time I ordered. Not bad. I ordered it with the mag caddy and the 4-hole clips for deeper concealment.

    First impressions:

    -I wish it rode a little deeper, but they do sell extra clips that will allow for this. I'll give the holster a try without and see how it goes.

    -For being an AIWB holster, it's very comfortable. I don't carry AIWB all the time, but apparently you can carry this holster in multiple positions, so not to worry!

    -When it arrived, the retention was crap. Luckily, there's a handy dandy little screw for that. A few good twists and retention is perfect. I definitely prefer being able to adjust retention with a screw rather than with a hair dryer.

    -I removed the mag caddy and the 2nd clip for now. With what I'm wearing today (just a v-neck tee) the mag caddy and spare mag print too much. The single clip currently on it supports the holster just fine, and allows for me to cant the weapon slightly if needed, but without being loose or off balance.

    -The holster is very thin, and adds almost nothing to the width of the gun.

    -If the clips had been made out of something a little stiffer/sturdier than they are, that would've been nice. But as they are, they work just fine. Not a complaint, just another trait of the perfect holster that I haven't seen yet. I'm certainly not worried about the clips breaking at any point.

    -Lastly, I'm getting a gut, and I need to lose it. That will make AIWB more pleasant again. I didn't have this little bitty gut a month and a half ago when I ordered the thing! 30 pounds in 2 1/2 years...I need to start running and lifting again...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array Snub44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,575
    ...I've regained about 25, too...but with the depth of my AIWB holsters, it doesn't cause the holster to kick out more...is your trigger guard above or behind your belt? would the other straps you mentioned put it there?

    ...would you need retention pressure if the gun sat lower?

    ...lastly, are the clips nylon that go over, under, and tuck back behind the belt?

    ...thanks for all the answers...this may be what I've been looking for to get away from the metal clips...
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Well, my INCOG has arrived. 6 weeks to the day from the time I ordered. Not bad. I ordered it with the mag caddy and the 4-hole clips for deeper concealment.

    First impressions:

    -I wish it rode a little deeper, but they do sell extra clips that will allow for this. I'll give the holster a try without and see how it goes.

    -For being an AIWB holster, it's very comfortable. I don't carry AIWB all the time, but apparently you can carry this holster in multiple positions, so not to worry!

    -When it arrived, the retention was crap. Luckily, there's a handy dandy little screw for that. A few good twists and retention is perfect. I definitely prefer being able to adjust retention with a screw rather than with a hair dryer.

    -I removed the mag caddy and the 2nd clip for now. With what I'm wearing today (just a v-neck tee) the mag caddy and spare mag print too much. The single clip currently on it supports the holster just fine, and allows for me to cant the weapon slightly if needed, but without being loose or off balance.

    -The holster is very thin, and adds almost nothing to the width of the gun.

    -If the clips had been made out of something a little stiffer/sturdier than they are, that would've been nice. But as they are, they work just fine. Not a complaint, just another trait of the perfect holster that I haven't seen yet. I'm certainly not worried about the clips breaking at any point.

    -Lastly, I'm getting a gut, and I need to lose it. That will make AIWB more pleasant again. I didn't have this little bitty gut a month and a half ago when I ordered the thing! 30 pounds in 2 1/2 years...I need to start running and lifting again...

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array munch520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    584
    Pat,

    Did you receive it yet? Thoughts?
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

    How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array Hatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    918
    Still using the Incog or have you moved on? Been thinking of getting either an Incog or an Infidel Ultra from CompTac

    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

  15. #15
    New Member Array mass922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Well, my INCOG has arrived. 6 weeks to the day from the time I ordered. Not bad. I ordered it with the mag caddy and the 4-hole clips for deeper concealment.
    Hey Pat, I just picked up a Glock 19 and have narrowed my search to this holster and another (Raven Phantom). I was curious as to how you have liked it, after using for the last few months.

    Thanks and Semper Fi, devil.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

g code incog
,
g code incog for sale
,
g code incog holster review
,
g code incog review
,
g code wait time
,
glock 19 incog holster
,
incog holster
,

incog holster for sale

,

incog holster review

,
incog holster wait time
,
incog holsters
,
incog mag caddy review
Click on a term to search for related topics.