Alien Gear holster

This is a discussion on Alien Gear holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Stealth1978 It might just be the weight of the gun itself. Ever think of maybe keeping another magazine in your weak-side pocket? ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Alien Gear holster

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1978 View Post
    It might just be the weight of the gun itself. Ever think of maybe keeping another magazine in your weak-side pocket? It might counter-balance, but gravity will eventually win...lol.
    Yeah, you are right. I am sure it is the gun because when I just wear the holster sans gun, it stays put. I might try the mag holster that Remora threw in for free with it to see if it evens it out. I really like the Alien IWB so I am going to try a few different avenues before throwing in the towel. Thanks!
    Give a man a fish, he will eat. Teach a man to fish, his wife and family will never see him on weekends!

2. Remove Ads

I have heard even going up in a pants size also helps.
    Assist Protect Defend
    Molon Labe
    ---
    BFA Member
    USCCA Member
    Find me on FaceBook - facebook.com/nelly0717

I ordered mine on Tuesday and received it in the mail Saturday. Spent a few minutes adjusting it to my tastes & carried it the rest of the day and this morning. I think in a few more days it will be formed & comfy. It was pretty nice coming our of the box. I'll give it an 8.5 from order to 2 days of wear. I also like the pack if hardware they sent with it.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Just placed my order with Alien Gear on there web site, customer service team really treated me good (and will credit my account $5.00) since they didn't offer a left handed holster on there EBAY listing. Can't complain about this! Let you know when i receive..
    bigpapa likes this.

Alien gear looks like a solid product. I don't have experience with them, but I would like to brag on crossbreed for my recent experience. Daily, I wore a supertuck for years. Last month the kydex cracked and I emailed crossbreed about repairs. My leather was nice and broken in, but still sturdy. They gave me an address and said I would have it back in about 2 days. Well, it took about 5 days, but instead of fixing the kydex on my holster, they sent me a brand new one.

That's A+ customer service. Again, I'm not bashing alien gear, I just wanted to brag on crossbreed and post here since they are similar holsters. I do understand that they are at a different price point, though.

Alien has a trade in policy as well. If you change guns they will swap your shell free of charge. The lifetime warranty is nice too. Clips are included.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Here's mine in a Glock 36 7+1. Ordered on a Wednesday and received on Saturday even after correcting the wrong shipping address paypal provided
    bigpapa and sioux565 like this.

So far, it seems everyone is happy with theirs. I'm little concerned about ride height, even if the clips are moved to the lowest position. Has anyone found that it rides too high?

I was looking at these after I picked up my S&W Shield, and they really do look like the best bang for the buck out there right now, hell even if they were priced like the competition, they still appear to be a superior product. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the extra thickness, I'm afraid it may put the overall gun/holster package back to double stack thickness. Is the extra thickness really THAT noticeable?

Depends on what you compare it to. I was concerned myself about the extra thick leather but other than it being really stiff when new the thickness hasn't been an issue. I'm not convinced that it's really that much thicker than anything else.

Reference: New Alien Gear holster carrying an LC9.

SLS075: it can get pretty low. I usually carry fairly low but left one side at the middle point and dropped only one side for more of a forward cant.

I just ordered three of them. All reviews I read look good and well built. Great price!

I ordered a holster recently on a Monday. It was in my hands eight business days later. It was delivered by the US Postal Service. Alien provided a tracking number and I "watched" it be delivered!

I'm very happy with the quality of the product. Screws instead of rivets is a plus. Adjust-ability options for ride height and cant is excellent. The extra thickness of the leather and the kydex is practically unnoticeable. I have worn it for five days and find it to be as comfortable as any IWB holster I have tried or own. The little bag of extra screws and things is a thoughtful touch. I hope they offer magazine holders soon.

f71450fa1243c1ed58596a3750892f10.jpg

Sig west German 226 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    So far, it seems everyone is happy with theirs. I'm little concerned about ride height, even if the clips are moved to the lowest position. Has anyone found that it rides too high?
    Not here. I moved mine deep, and only the grip is above the belt line

New Member Array goingtoscotland's Avatar
    Just got my Alien Gear holster a couple weeks ago, and after a couple weeks worth of daily carry I have to say I love the thing. Very comfortable and the quality is great, even when not taking into account the excellent price point
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    I wore mine with the clips set to the lowest possible ride height at first, and it was definitely not too high. After that I adjusted the rear clip so that the grip side of the holster would ride higher for more cant, and wore it slightly more forward than I was. For me it's easier to conceal my SR9C that way and slightly more comfortable.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links